Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame Timmy is too scared to speak up like Tredrea
To be fair, Timmy mentioned the year Jack Cahill's Magpies won 17 in a row, but lost the preliminary final. If someone had tried to suggest to him that it had been a successful year, he probably would have punched the person's lights out.

These days, one can win 13 in a row, and be rewarded with a new contract.

To be fair, Timmy mentioned the year Jack Cahill's Magpies won 17 in a row, but lost the preliminary final. If someone had tried to suggest to him that it had been a successful year, he probably would have punched the person's lights out.

These days, one can win 13 in a row, and be rewarded with a new contract.
We had 13 good weeks, not 26, but it will get spun as a great year.

They want Tredders to bag the club, they want everyone to phone in, this is what they get paid to do.

They’d also want Hinkley to live forever.

He ****ing sucks and so does Koch. The answer isn’t to keep a stiff upper lip and self-flagellate locked away in a quiet corner of a monastery.

Surely they are sick of being thrown under the bus

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely - just say for example that you're Hayes or Pasini, and you hear your coach say on Saturday night, "If we'd played some of the younger guys, we would have lost by a lot more." I wouldn't blame a Port fringe player if he wants to explore his options for a move to another club.

I don’t care if we “eat our own”. In any case, Koch, Richardson and Hinkley are not our own.
Agreed, Kok, Richardson and Hinkley are definitely `not our own,' but being the crap artist he is Cornes was in full sh*t stirring mode and just used the situation as an opportunity to denigrate anything Port Adelaide.

The scars of numerous losses to the Maggies in big games obviously still run deep with him, maybe it would have been better if Alan Gill was there instead of Timmy G, so he could have told him to f*** off again. :think:

Absolutely - just say for example that you're Hayes or Pasini, and you hear your coach say on Saturday night, "If we'd played some of the younger guys, we would have lost by a lot more." I wouldn't blame a Port fringe player if he wants to explore his options for a move to another club.
This. If that were me hearing those comments from my boss - i'd be on the phone that night to my manager asking to explore options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the world of the AFL, where what matters is victorian and nsw premierships.

How the most talented football state in the land has become an embarrassment with both its clubs is beyond me, something suggests the AFL dont mind having such abominable Chairmen/boards helming the SA clubs as long as they keep the money rolling in...

Coaches and lists dont matter when your leadership is so accepting of mediocrity. I feel for my long suffering alberton army, but glad we have some company down here.

perhaps the solution?

1695111886956.png

When does the financial statements come out from the club?

What are the expectations on profits and debt repayments this season?
Was reading Brisbane's 2022 annual report and saw that they had $35.3m grants which lead to their comprehensive profit of $37.7m profit and in 2021 it was $22.4m grants and $25.3m comprehensive profit and it reminded me of your post, as Port had some capital grants in 2022 but will have a lot more in 2023 for the Alberton Oval redevelopment.

In 2022 we included $3.55m of government grants and wrote off $4.97m write off of building assets of the Alan Scott HQ and stuff in the Williams Stand, as we tore down and gutted buildings, plus we revalued some stuff by $146k, so our operating profit of $3.46m was reduced down to a $2.19m comprehensive profit.

So this year we probably will have an operating profit of $2m to $3m range and the net of capital grants and writing off more building assets, probably will be in the $15m to $18m range going to the bottom line, and a comprehensive profit of around $20m.

Only 3 of those wins was against a top 8 team, wasn't that good.
Any win is good, some better, than the others. I didn't say 13 great weeks.

Was reading Brisbane's 2022 annual report and saw that they had $35.3m grants which lead to their comprehensive profit of $37.7m profit and in 2021 it was $22.4m grants and $25.3m comprehensive profit and it reminded me of your post, as Port had some capital grants in 2022 but will have a lot more in 2023 for the Alberton Oval redevelopment.

In 2022 we included $3.55m of government grants and wrote off $4.97m write off of building assets of the Alan Scott HQ and stuff in the Williams Stand, as we tore down and gutted buildings, plus we revalued some stuff by $146k, so our operating profit of $3.46m was reduced down to a $2.19m comprehensive profit.

So this year we probably will have an operating profit of $2m to $3m range and the net of capital grants and writing off more building assets, probably will be in the $15m to $18m range going to the bottom line, and a comprehensive profit of around $20m.

So bottom line, will we still have debt? And when is the projected time frame to be debt free?

This all alluding to membership control of the club and when we as members can start campaigning for this change in governance.

So bottom line, will we still have debt? And when is the projected time frame to be debt free?

This all alluding to membership control of the club and when we as members can start campaigning for this change in governance.
I gave you the answer last time. Why would it change? we can't use redevelopment capital grants from governments to pay off debt.

Projected time - they said $2m a year is the aim, so 2025, unless they start borrowing to buy assets. Koch at the February 2023 AGM said they are looking at buying income producing assets. The money has to come from somewhere, so its either cash reserves or borrow more. Our cash reserves, that aren't related to restricted government grants, aren't great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back