Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

They're connected. We can't have (sustainable) winning and ruthlessness without good governance and decision making.
They are not necessarily connected.

You can have good governance and decision making but your centre of gravity at the club is making money and keeping your job for as long as you can. It just depends on how you define good governance.

From the outside, it looks like the club is run by an unaccountable, petty tyrant and when people call Kcohbrain and Kenny Average out, they are kicked out of the Boys Club. They definitely fall under the poor governance and poor decision making. There is a litany of evidence from people close to the source from this website alone.

Tredders just brings the pillar of severity and harshness that is needed to win premierships. It is long overdue. For example, someone asking Kenny Average, what the Hell is Jed doing in the 23? Please explain? Or Boaky, you are a great player for the club but can you sharpen up your goal kicking, especially late in games.

When it comes down to it, David Koch is the worst thing ever to happen to the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Obviously we don't want any crazy alt right stuff creeping in at board level. But it would be pretty funny if it caused Holly Ransom to quit.

Yeah agree, if it was for chairman or CEO I'd be much more concerned.

My overall point was that both options are s**t and the club deserves better than deciding between lunacy and incompetence - which when it boils down to it, is the true nature of the choice.

We've been so beaten down for so long that not only are we willing to accept what is perceived to be the lesser of two evils - lunacy - we're actually excited about it.

Sad times..

For a school, you're absolutely correct.

For a footy club? Very different aims, WIN.

Let me start by saying that I voted for Tredrea. But I suggest everyone temper their expectations of what he can achieve for the club given 1) his level of influence as a director and 2) his gaps in skills and knowledge.

He'd be a good addition to the board but, in reality, his appointment will be more a vote of non-confidence on the current board than anything else.

I would be happy if he wins but I don't expect a saviour. The comments that imply that a Tredrea win in the board election equals imminent premierships are a bit silly really.

Scroll back up and read earlier post, this is the epitome of a straw man.

And if you don't think that situation is realistic, you haven't been paying attention

What I posted was a deliberate parodying of the extreme nonsense you posted. In all honesty it was more than it deserved.

You posted several extreme hypotheticals totally divorced from reality. Even at his worst, there is nothing in Tredrea's life thus far that would suggest he would do any of the things you've written. Nothing.

The suggestion that you think Tredrea would attempt to derail a sexual assault investigation just because he liked some Andrew Tate tweets is hands down the most moronic thing I think I've read on this forum. And that's just the first one you rattled off. The rest were just extrapolating on your perception on his 'beliefs' to make it sound like he's a loose cannon.

It's irrelevant that you've said you would vote for him anyway, because you've laid down some seriously slanderous stuff with absolutely no evidence at all, just your 'hunch' based on him clicking a thumbs up button on some social media posts you didn't like.

You're trying to demonise a man to build up your own moralistic credibility in a situation where it isn't even relevant.

Do better.

Let me start by saying that I voted for Tredrea. But I suggest everyone temper their expectations of what he can achieve for the club given 1) his level of influence as a director and 2) his gaps in skills and knowledge.

He'd be a good addition to the board but, in reality, his appointment will be more a vote of non-confidence on the current board than anything else.

I would be happy if he wins but I don't expect a saviour. The comments that imply that a Tredrea win in the board election equals imminent premierships are a bit silly really.

I think everyone is hoping for accountability that has been lacking since 2015. I hope Tredrea pushes the accountability and transparency agenda back into the board and shift the focus back to on-field success.

They're connected. We can't have (sustainable) winning and ruthlessness without good governance and decision making.
"What happens if there is a need to investigate a serious sexual assault or coward violence matter? Tredrea literally follows Andrew Tate FFS"

What do you think Warren would do?

I'm interested

Apparently their governance and decision making is not good enough to deliver on the performance benchmark of 3 premierships in 5 years that they publicly set for themselves.

We now wait to see how well they do on accepting accountability, but we're not holding our breath.

really its like adding a lovely piece of cucumber to a bunch of pieces of shit, what's the cucumber really going to do? those pieces of shit are governed by and protected by and seeing out the duties of the league, a cucumber on its own is not enough

I honestly couldn't care less if Tredders turns half the club into QAnon subscribers, if he helps us win a premiership then fantastic.

Did you mean to mark that up in 48pt Sarcastica-troll?

Carn.

You’d sacrifice half the supporter base’s mental health for the Reich’s objectives? That is unarguably worse than the Essendope regime which only took liberties with player and staff health.

Ethics FFS. What a time on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you mean to mark that up in 48pt Sarcastica-troll?

Carn.

You’d sacrifice half the supporter base’s mental health for the Reich’s objectives? That is unarguably worse than the Essendope regime which only took liberties with player and staff health.

Ethics FFS. What a time on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The supporter base's mental health has already been decimated by the past 11 years.

I'd rather be a QAnon conspiracy theorist than a Hinkley defender. Far closer to living in reality.

It's more than just what Tredrea can do alone though

This whole process is shining a light on the divides within the club

Supporters are looking at this with deeper thought and starting to ask the right questions

The media will continue to pursue the competing agendas

Clubs greats are vocalizing their opinions

This is the start of the change so desperately needed and I think there's enough momentum now for it to keep rolling on

It's more than just what Tredrea can do alone though

This whole process is shining a light on the divides within the club

Supporters are looking at this with deeper thought and starting to ask the right questions

The media will continue to pursue the competing agendas

Clubs greats are vocalizing their opinions

This is the start of the change so desperately needed and I think there's enough momentum now for it to keep rolling on

The myth of the "white noise minority" is about to be exposed.

The supporter base's mental health has already been decimated by the past 11 years.

I'd rather be a QAnon conspiracy theorist than a Hinkley defender. Far closer to living in reality.

Both these mental states are bad, but one is far more likely to result in "harm to others". In a world full of religions and superstitions, how close your two options are to "reality" is probably ethically beside the point.

Speaking of reality, my guess is a small subset of Stinkley Koch regime defenders might be able to make a rational case for it but their premises are all wrong. Their idea of "good" for PAFC - steady-ish mediocrity and maybe we stumble upon a flag one time in a million out of dumb hard work and luck - is not what we were, nor is it what a lot of us still think we can be.

Hopefully, and let's hope disruption succeeds without burning down the house along the way. Would be consistent with "both sides" here assessments of Tredrea's... attributes... if he ends up launching a movement he can't control ;)

What I posted was a deliberate parodying of the extreme nonsense you posted. In all honesty it was more than it deserved.

You posted several extreme hypotheticals totally divorced from reality. Even at his worst, there is nothing in Tredrea's life thus far that would suggest he would do any of the things you've written. Nothing.

The suggestion that you think Tredrea would attempt to derail a sexual assault investigation just because he liked some Andrew Tate tweets is hands down the most moronic thing I think I've read on this forum. And that's just the first one you rattled off. The rest were just extrapolating on your perception on his 'beliefs' to make it sound like he's a loose cannon.

It's irrelevant that you've said you would vote for him anyway, because you've laid down some seriously slanderous stuff with absolutely no evidence at all, just your 'hunch' based on him clicking a thumbs up button on some social media posts you didn't like.

You're trying to demonise a man to build up your own moralistic credibility in a situation where it isn't even relevant.

Do better.
None of this is at all what I was saying but clearly I'm not getting my message across clearly enough so I'll leave it.

All the best.

Tredrea getting appointed to the board just north of 12 months from Koch denying his appointment as recommended by Cahill (who was himself appointed at Koch's discretion).

The ego hit to Koch will give me the warm tinglies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back