Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone knows what Warren's opinion was of Ken prior to becoming a Board member. I highly doubt that he has seen enough within the four walls to dispel his initial line of thinking.

If Warren ever endorses Hinkley even I wouldn't vote for him in 2 years time to be re-elected.
Are there other like-minded people to support Tredrea within the 4 walls?

Tredrea has become compromised in coming under the shadow of koch and co.
The supporters have lost a voice outside this incubated bunch of elites. This crowd don't like dissent that's why they have shut Tredrea down and are now saying don't criticise us.
This stuff puts Kim jong Un to disgrace. We are run by dictators who are filling their pockets at the supporters expense!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, Chewy mate, but is there a deadline for the footy committee to make a decision on Ken? Considering that exit interviews start this week.

No deadline. I won't be surprised if it lingers. But it's a fluid process right now so could change very quickly.

If it lingers, fans just have to keep voicing their opinion online, on talkback radio and via email to Richo.

No deadline. I won't be surprised if it lingers. But it's a fluid process right now so could change very quickly.

If it lingers, fans just have to keep voicing their opinion online, on talkback radio and via email to Richo.

I don't think it'll linger for long. One way or another a decision will be made next week imo cause what more are they gonna find in the next month that they don't already know? Only reason it'll linger is denial which means they'll eventually delay the announcement of Ken continuing on.

I don't think it'll linger for long. One way or another a decision will be made next week imo cause what more are they gonna find in the next month that they don't already know? Only reason it'll linger is denial which means they'll eventually delay the announcement of Ken continuing on.
He's contracted so they don't need to make an announcement at all unless he is leaving.

Smartest thing Koch did..

Tredders would have teed off last night otherwise..

I miss him teeing off

Would you prefer him to tee off in public as a radio shock jock or instead to have a nuanced conversation with the other decision makers of the Club?

One makes you feel good temporarily because he would no doubt say what we all are thinking. The other one however actually brings about the opportunity for real change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you prefer him to tee off in public as a radio shock jock or instead to have a nuanced conversation with the other decision makers of the Club?

One makes you feel good temporarily because he would no doubt say what we all are thinking. The other one however actually brings about the opportunity for real change.
Has your friend turned his/her/their phone on?

Tredrea has become compromised in coming under the shadow of koch and co.
Very bad take.

Tredrea occupies a member-elected board seat. He is the members' voice on the board. Being on the board means he's also bound by the board's rules.

We can have Tredrea as our voice inside the club, or we can have Tredrea giving public voice to our harshest criticisms of Ken, Koch and ko. We can't have both. Do you want him making noise from outside, or do you want him making change from inside?

Last edited:
It's turned a bit with Ken this last couple of weeks. He looks and acts like the pressure is getting to him. A mutual parting of ways seems the best outcome for everyone. The optics of a sacking might be a bridge too far for this board.

As I wrote in the other thread, I reckon Hinkley rang Whateley and said you have to put it out there that Port have to back me or sack me in 3 days and Whateley has agreed to do it.

This is a major change for Whateley.

I'm pretty sure every year the board meets in Melbourne a day or two before the Grand Final. Maybe, just Maybe on the Sunday or Monday there is an announcement.

The AFL doesn't want a major controversy to take away from the bullshit umpires voting Brownlow midfielders medal and the Grand Final the next 7 days.

Apart from players getting suspended in a prelim final and threats to get a Supreme Court injunction to let them play in the GF, the post PF/pre GF week is a good news week. No controversies wanted.

Its why Hinkley / Whateley are pushing this BS you have to make a call within 3 days.

As I wrote in the other thread, I reckon Hinkley rang Whateley and said you have to put it out there that Port have to back me or sack me in 3 days and Whateley has agreed to do it.

I'm pretty sure every year the board meets in Melbourne a day or two before the Grand Final. Maybe, just Maybe on the Sunday or Monday there is an announcement.

The AFL doesn't want a major controversy to take away from the bullshit umpires voting Brownlow midfielders medal and the Grand Final the next 7 days.

Apart from players getting suspended in a prelim final and threats to get a Supreme Court injunction to let them play in the GF, the post PF/pre GF week is a good news week. No controversies wanted.

Its why Hinkley / Whateley are pushing this BS you have to make a call within 3 days.

Hence why it would be best to part ways with Hinkkey tomorrow.

But Koch nonchalantly reiterated that he's contracted and coaching in 2025. Why do you think Hinkley needs to do this?

But Koch nonchalantly reiterated that he's contracted and coaching in 2025. Why do you think Hinkley needs to do this?
Because he knows people arent happy with him, he is being criticised by people in the media and the industry and he is basically a pants pisser ergo - finals are scarey type comments.

He knows after another terrible finals flop he aint safe. Why else talk about it in his presser?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back