Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Its just another bizarre take though that to convince the board members at this point to make a change, your average punters that they've ignored for close a decade now need to make noise on local radio and random x DMs.

I mean I dunno the factual weight of over a decade of evidence not enough? Losing by 80+ in a home qually and failing in finals again not the right evidence? But some randoms ringing up 5AA well hold the bus I've got an emergency board meeting to get to to present this evidence, we need to act!!

What can I say? They run scared of the media more than the fans. And reality. But again, it's a strategy in a broader plan.

I don't know if you caught Eddie and Bartel's podcast and Eddie mounted this amazing defence of Hinkley, basically credited him with preventing Port being shut down, tarps yada yada. Never mind what Koch and Thomas did off-field.

Eddie is Cardone's boss, and people talk about him as a potential next Chairman.

It's certainly important to flood the airwaves with the facts about Hinkley's finals performances. The media all feed off of eachother's talking points. We need the wider AFL media talking about Hinkley's finals record. We need that 3/24 finals quarters record to be talked about publicly.

It's certainly important to flood the airwaves with the facts about Hinkley's finals performances. The media all feed off of eachother's talking points. We need the wider AFL media talking about Hinkley's finals record. We need that 3/24 finals quarters record to be talked about publicly.
None of this is a good thing. The media shouldnt be deciding who coaches the club, be it Hinkley or anyone else

You are wasting your time going after Hinkley and not the board.

Also the AFL media doesnt care that Hinkley is a bad coach, and Tredrea doesn't need convincing, and the 5AA audience are too stupid to understand stats.

It's actually 4 quarters won of the last 24, not three. Won quarters 3 and 4 vs GWS, final quarter vs Sydney and first quarter vs Hawks.

This Ford, clear concise objective evidence, of which there is a truckload, as to why he's not fit to continue wasting years and talent.

The 21 out of 24 lost finals qtrs under Ken is a great start.
Will be countered with statements like "even getting a list with more holes in it than the Caligula orgy scene to the finals is a monumental effort".

You're basically arguing with flat earthers.

It's actually 4 quarters won of the last 24, not three. Won quarters 3 and 4 vs GWS, final quarter vs Sydney and first quarter vs Hawks.

Yep. I'd be further emphasising that we've only won one quarter that mattered.

Of the five quarters we haven't lost in our last 6 finals, only the first term against Hawthorn was of any substance or consequence. Even then, we spent the next three quarters gradually letting them back into the game until we were almost beaten at the death. Every other quarter was narrowly won (or tied) after we'd already been blown completely out of the water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back