Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

For years the media narrative is that Ken needs to win now or he's gotta go. Even from his biggest supporters like Kornes. Then when he bombs out in the traditional Hinkley manner, it's all about how the list isn't good enough and how Port supporters are unreasonable.

It's gaslighting, disingenuous bullshit. You can't have the CEO talk about 3 flags in 5 years and then set the bar at winning regular season matches, or simply finishing in the top 8. What am I supposed to garner from the CEO declaring we want to win 3 flags in 5 years and then when we are completely non-competitive in finals, nobody is held accountable?

They're lying, Chewy. They're liars. David Koch is a self described liar. They don't even approach their own stated targets and then pat themselves on the back and get their media attack dogs to go after the supporters for expecting more.

As Tribey said earlier, the party atmosphere tonight should be a Let Them Eat Cake moment. It's disgraceful. We're absolutely nothing to them but an occasional annoyance.
What they externally is completely different to what they believe in internally. Internally they've never really had an ambition to win a flag, and as they have said tonight, the pass mark always is finals. They truly believe that if you make finals more often than not, you'll win it at some point. Externally, they say things like 3 flags in 5 years to get the fanbase hooked. We all know they are liars, and this includes the media and Kornes.

It's not semantics at all. There are massive differences between your interpretation of the facts, and the facts themselves.

Yeah I don't see that happening tonight. Just focus on the trade period for now, then we can review this a bit later.

IgxQR6.gif

For years the media narrative is that Ken needs to win now or he's gotta go. Even from his biggest supporters like Kornes. Then when he bombs out in the traditional Hinkley manner, it's all about how the list isn't good enough and how Port supporters are unreasonable.

It's gaslighting, disingenuous bullshit. You can't have the CEO talk about 3 flags in 5 years and then set the bar at winning regular season matches, or simply finishing in the top 8. What am I supposed to garner from the CEO declaring we want to win 3 flags in 5 years and then when we are completely non-competitive in finals, nobody is held accountable?

They're lying, Chewy. They're liars. David Koch is a self described liar. They don't even approach their own stated targets and then pat themselves on the back and get their media attack dogs to go after the supporters for expecting more.

As Tribey said earlier, the party atmosphere tonight should be a Let Them Eat Cake moment. It's disgraceful. We're absolutely nothing to them but an occasional annoyance.

There has never been a time outside of 2022 where someone in the media (ie Kane) said that Ken has to win a flag or he's not getting a contract extension. It's never happened.

You're right though that the constant changing of the goalposts surrounding the performance of the team by the media is gaslighting in its finest form.

You're not going to get any argument from me about the Chasing Greatness targets. How absolutely no one has been held accountable for that is something I will never understand.

As for the atmosphere at the B&F, I'd be seriously concerned if it wasn't a party vibe. Even West Coast's B&F would have had a party atmosphere about it. I think when we over-analyse literally every aspect that happens at the Club, we start looking too much into things and trying to find meaning into things that are meaningless in the overall scheme of things.

Sounds like our side lost.

You'd be amazed if I told you there are no "sides" to this discussion to begin with.

Who outside the tent is vocal? I honestly believe that aside from the odd poster like El Scorcho who holds a Sack Hinkley banner and those that cancel their memberships everyone still associated to and invested in the club are weak as piss enablers.
The supporters that bronxed Hinkley match days and voted Tredders onto the board in spite of our feck wit president Koch's best attempts to keep him outside.
The usurpers don't have the pulpit that the incumbents have. Their voice may sound softer but the mere fact they criticise the "white noise" shows that it is being heard and they are scared.

It's not semantics at all. There are massive differences between your interpretation of the facts, and the facts themselves.

Yeah I don't see that happening tonight. Just focus on the trade period for now, then we can review this a bit later.
My interpretation? I'm not the lone ranger here. Anyway, it's not your issue. Thanks for your insights.

There has never been a time outside of 2022 where someone in the media (ie Kane) said that Ken has to win a flag or he's not getting a contract extension. It's never happened.

Happened before the last extension though by the clubs most significant media mouthpiece.

Then they extend him in August and we go out in straight sets. Nobody at this club is ever going to set a clear goal for themselves because they don't like being measured against realistic targets, but the club absolutely has fostered the expectation that Hinkley is on the cusp of a flag if we just give him one more go. Then Koch comes out with a party hat on earlier tonight and declares that their pass mark is finals, so, 8th.

You're right though that the constant changing of the goalposts surrounding the performance of the team by the media is gaslighting in its finest form.

You're not going to get any argument from me about the Chasing Greatness targets. How absolutely no one has been held accountable for that is something I will never understand.

These two things are one and the same. The club both directly and through it's media mouthpieces sets targets, fails to reach them, and then nobody is held accountable except the fans for being fed up with it.

As for the atmosphere at the B&F, I'd be seriously concerned if it wasn't a party vibe. Even West Coast's B&F would have had a party atmosphere about it. I think when we over-analyse literally every aspect that happens at the Club, we start looking too much into things and trying to find meaning into things that are meaningless in the overall scheme of things.

West Coast's B&F at the nadir of a rebuild and our B&F where we've just bombed out of our second consecutive finals series with embarrassing thrashings aren't the same and shouldn't be the same. This should be like a funeral. It's not. The club doesn't care about losing. It just doesn't, not when it comes down to it. They're satisfied.

You'd be amazed if I told you there are no "sides" to this discussion to begin with.

Yes, there are. There clearly are. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol now I know why Tredders went on vacation, to escape this shit show. Still, I thought he’d make a difference. A bridge too far. When Ken finally does heck off, it won’t have anything to do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Kens 2 year deal was signed before Tredrea was voted in. I highly doubt that Hinkley will be here at the end of that contract.

They truly believe that if you make finals more often than not, everything is fine.

I had to fix your sentence for you. Flags aren’t their goal. If it happens, then great; but it’s not their focus. We don’t want to lose.

We were absolutely satisfied with the 9th-10th-5th-10th-10th(-8th) that we had between 2015 and 2019. If our bottom line is 10th, then merely making Finals every once in a while becomes “PREMIERSHIP!” in our board’s eyes.

Now, you can imagine what they think about our 4 Top-3 finishes in the last 5 years. They truly believe that our dissatisfaction is completely unjustified.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back