Was Jobe booed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Umpires

The crowd booed Watson as much as they were booing Adams last year.

[youtube]9vGVOp6ZFCA[/youtube]

Ignore the fact that the booing pretty much started when it was clear that the free was going against us.

They also booed Peter Bell in a derby when he got injured so it's not like this is a one off.

Think my point about Essendon players violently remonstrating after the Watson hit STANDS.
Not sure what your point is, other than the players believing something nasty had happened because their skipper was on the deck. Are you saying the players saw something the tribunal didn't?

Not sure what your point is, other than the players believing something nasty had happened because their skipper was on the deck. Are you saying the players saw something the tribunal didn't?

I will repeat myself.

The disciplined players of 2011 - only violently remonstrate when they consider an illegal act occurs - There is no relationship with the decision of the MRP - The players act on instinct/feel for the game - Dont sit around for a minute and watch a video - And then violently react.

Friend of mine is a WCE supporter, he said the game was super important in order to lock a fourth spot in advance, and many of the supporters were pissed off about the free kicks we were getting and believed that they could genuinely lose the game - with many shouting at Watson for "staging" in order to get the shot on goal...

The booing went on and on until well after Riemers' took the kick. Whether you boo for the free kick or not - a player has been injured and is being walked off the ground - show some god damn respect.

It's funny how Eagles supporters say they clapped Crameri off, yet they they say they had "no idea" that Watson was hit, injured or being carried off... whatever.

Who gives a shit what those ferals think, Western Australians are so isolated that they shouldn't even be given the attention.

I will repeat myself.

The disciplined players of 2011 - only violently remonstrate when they consider an illegal act occurs - There is no relationship with the decision of the MRP - The players act on instinct/feel for the game - Dont sit around for a minute and watch a video - And then violently react.
The players who remonstrated thought there was an 'illegal act' because Watson was poleaxed. Turns out they were wrong. Hey, we all make mistakes.

One sided crowds have no accountability. Everyone is from the gang and everyone feels tough standing behind 40,000 mates.

Anyone else think it is out of this world ironic that they were booing the umpires?

Friend of mine is a WCE supporter, he said the game was super important in order to lock a fourth spot in advance, and many of the supporters were pissed off about the free kicks we were getting and believed that they could genuinely lose the game - with many shouting at Watson for "staging" in order to get the shot on goal...

The booing went on and on until well after Riemers' took the kick. Whether you boo for the free kick or not - a player has been injured and is being walked off the ground - show some god damn respect.

It's funny how Eagles supporters say they clapped Crameri off, yet they they say they had "no idea" that Watson was hit, injured or being carried off... whatever.

Who gives a shit what those ferals think, Western Australians are so isolated that they shouldn't even be given the attention.
Don't you just love VFL xenophobia? And it's 'Reimers'.

The players who remonstrated thought there was an 'illegal act' because Watson was poleaxed. Turns out they were wrong. Hey, we all make mistakes.
But there was an illegal act. He was hit high and a free kick was awarded :confused:

One sided crowds have no accountability. Everyone is from the gang and everyone feels tough standing behind 40,000 mates.

Anyone else think it is out of this world ironic that they were booing the umpires?
What's ironic about booing the umpires for a decision you think wasn't warranted? Just good old fashioned partisanship I reckon.

But there was an illegal act. He was hit high and a free kick was awarded :confused:
I didn't see the Eagles players remonstrating when Adam Selwood was coat hangered in the last quarter. Maybe that's because they realised it wasn't intentional, even though it could have caused serious injury. We need to make the distinction between an 'illegal act' and something that's intentional and dangerous.

I thought the crowd were booing the umps for the free kick being paid, not Watson. That would make more sense.

Sorry to invade your board but I was at the ground and thats exactly what happened (at least in my block). We booed once the replay came on the big screen cos it looked like an honest contest with accidental contact - the decision was booed not Jobe. We didnt want to give a free kick away :)

I for one would be disgusted if any Eagles fans booed a guy for going in hard and coping a hit. Jobe is a top player and well respected around the league.

On the umpires, i think most supporters tend to be a tad biased towards their team, I know I am and have seen some shocking umpiring efforts against us this year.....

Sat was not one of those occassions though.... That was one of the few times when I thought WE had paid off the umpires! Several easy goals straight from bad decisions, the type of thing that i hate.. so i understand how some of you guys feel. Unfortunately the umps have ruined a lot of games thru the whole season.

All the best for the finals, hope the umps improve for you (just not if we play you again in September) ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see the Eagles players remonstrating when Adam Selwood was coat hangered in the last quarter. Maybe that's because they realised it wasn't intentional, even though it could have caused serious injury. We need to make the distinction between an 'illegal act' and something that's intentional and dangerous.

Knighty

Think you have signed your own death warrant.

Sellwood incident - WC players considered it not to be intentional
Watson incident - EFC players considered it to be intentional.

That is the difference.

Bit harsh. I wasn't at the game as I am diving 1.5k km away, however I did watch it live on TV and I go to most games when I am in Perth. We boo decisions we don't like all the time. We then often miss other stuff going on in the field as that is not where our attention is. It isn't anything against Watson. As a unit we always show respect when it is due and we notice the occasion, most Essendon supporters would have recognised that over the years. We do have some idiots, though are generally a good crowd. However in the heat of the game, the supporters were hardly going to sit down and shut up over an unjust* free as one of your players hobbled off for a rest or with an unknown injury.

*It was not unjust, but the mob calls BS at many clear frees, it is what we do. Just as so many fools call HTB when there is no prior.

Knighty

Think you have signed your own death warrant.

Sellwood incident - WC players considered it not to be intentional
Watson incident - EFC players considered it to be intentional.

That is the difference.
No death warrant here. The Eagles players were right and the Essendon players were wrong.

No death warrant here. The Eagles players were right and the Essendon players were wrong.

And now you have been executed.

So WC players don't fly the flag if a teammate is the receipient of a cheap shot.

Edit; Dont think that you understand what you are writing.:confused:

Sorry to invade your board but I was at the ground and thats exactly what happened (at least in my block). We booed once the replay came on the big screen cos it looked like an honest contest with accidental contact - the decision was booed not Jobe. We didnt want to give a free kick away :)

I for one would be disgusted if any Eagles fans booed a guy for going in hard and coping a hit. Jobe is a top player and well respected around the league.

On the umpires, i think most supporters tend to be a tad biased towards their team, I know I am and have seen some shocking umpiring efforts against us this year.....

Sat was not one of those occassions though.... That was one of the few times when I thought WE had paid off the umpires! Several easy goals straight from bad decisions, the type of thing that i hate.. so i understand how some of you guys feel. Unfortunately the umps have ruined a lot of games thru the whole season.

All the best for the finals, hope the umps improve for you (just not if we play you again in September) ;-)
That brand of diplomatic reef waving may just win my respect back for your club, saying that though I almost burst out of my skull watching that on Saturday! No One Boos Jobe! NO ONE!!!!:):confused::mad:

West Coast supporters can put their heads in the sand all they like and pretend that their shit don't stink but I have a mate who flew over for the game and the truth is that while some of their supporters may have been booing the free kick a large percentage of them were booing Watson.

West Coast supporters can put their heads in the sand all they like and pretend that their shit don't stink but I have a mate who flew over for the game and the truth is that while some of their supporters may have been booing the free kick a large percentage of them were booing Watson.

So because your mate says it happened, it must mean its true? It's not like he could be mistaken, or just bitter perhaps. Let's put his word above pretty much every single BF user at the game who says otherwise and who have given perfectly good reasons for the mix-up.

It's a disgrace that we're being labeled with this tag when it didn't happen:thumbsdown: You got screwed by the umps and the MRP so you want to take a free potshot at the Eagles. That's what this has come down to.

I booed but not at Watson. It was at the umpires after seeing the replay on the big screen. From one of the replays shown at the ground, there looked to be minimal contact. The people I was with didn't understand what the free was paid for from the replay shown on the big screen. Thus the booing.

Looking at all the replays now, the hit was massive and a free kick was rightly payed. Apologies to Watson for any misunderstanding

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Jobe booed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back