SEN
[youtube]ZOyhoIcrE2I[/youtube]

K-Rock
[youtube]SFAepiRdqv8[/youtube]

3AW
[youtube]UfrEZoXGbMA[/youtube]

ABC
[youtube]lLvdzr0zVUQ[/youtube]

Would love to hear the commentry go a little bit longer go hear them keep saying how good it was!

ABC commentary > The rest.

Friday night was the best neutral game I've ever attended :) . Gee you lot are blessed when you have Franklin/Rioli running around together.

Surely he can, surely he can, surely he can, oh what a man!

What an amazing human highlight reel Buddy is. Even that goal from 55m on the turn earlier in the game, just magic.

Just an awesome game. Nearly had a cardiac arrest. One highlight after another. Thought we were gone when we lost the lead twice, then twice up pops the Franklinator. Then Lewis.....what a goal, then Ozzie, another great goal.

Fantastic post Dommat.

Amazing Thread - thankyou!

Being in Darwin, I REALLY miss the Triple M call of the game. It's a shame BT moved over to 3AW, because BT, JB, the Chief and Garry Lyon was a great team.

Love JB's cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Love the Chief's cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOO"
Love the Chief's cry of "FROM THE WHITE PAINT"
Love Garry Lyon's "Poor old LJ Hooker"

I recall Garry Lyon saying "I've never seen anything like it" during the 2008 Grand Final, don't recall which part of the game though, probably Cyril Magic...

Each time I listed to the different radio stations with the vision of the goals I get a chill.....

Everyone at the ground had exactly the same reaction of how did he do that.... twice.:D

Just watched all five....... Dommat your a scholar and a gentleman.

Anthony Hudson is beginning to fill the calling shoes of the late Clinton Grybas. He really is very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hats off to the OP. A magnificent effort. :thumbsu:

Great players are great players no matter which jumper they're wearing.

We're indeed very lucky to live in an age where it's relatively simple to put those sorts of clips together.

I'm glad everyone likes this.

I hate to say it, but I like the K-Rock call the best. It sounds like just a few mate sitting around and watching the game.

Okay, how many of you watched them with a big smile and broke out into laughter.:D

And then watched them all again :p And again.

Man that is awe inspiring.

Huddo's is good, but the KRock one, I agree, is an unadultered hard-on.

I have watched them all about 10 times :D

If you can get a close up, check the look on the goal umps face when he does his two fingers.
Doing his very best not to grin his head off.:)

Fwiw - ABC & SEN have the others covered for commentary of this piece of play IMHO

I was watching the game from Dili, East Timor and embarrassed my wife no end when I jumped on the table of the bar we were in to rejoice in the greatest goal i've ever seen. The Timorese may now be converts to the greatest game of all.

Great thread. I'll be watching this forever.

Man, I have never been a fan of Anthony Hudson, but I encouraged myself to listen to all calls neutrally, due to the highlight being beyond description for anyone.

ABC gave the most descriptive call, but Hudson did it for me.

He got it spot on. From the time he got the ball-"surely he can't, he's had one bounce, surely he can't he's had two bounces, surely he can't he's had three bounces, sure he cannnnnnnn!!!!!!

Was at the goal scoring end, and it is a highlight forever etched in my memory. Thank god (or whatever it is), that he plays for the might brown and gold, and seems to bleed brown and gold!!!

Would not be surprised if he becomes the biggest name the game has ever seen!! Certainly in my lifetime anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Watch Buddy's goal with the Radio Commentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back