Watch out top 8, the Adelaide juggernaut is coming!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing annoys me more than some of the ****wit supporters like yourself who always seem to be able to put a negative spin on a fantastic win.:thumbsdown:

why do I care if a pleb like you is annoyed?

if you lower your standards far enough you can always be pleased. it was a good win, but maybe its no coincidence that we're stringing a few results together after the season has already gone down the shitter.

Pretty tough run home. Would only expect them to win a couple of those.

really!!! recalibrate that with the fact that they just beat geelong. and the, from what i saw, they were about a 5 goal better side on the night. add to that the fact that geelong cats think that they are better prepared, both phylically/mentally, this year than before. ask, footy ops mgr, neil balme if you want to. but he inferred cats are peaking.

really!!! recalibrate that with the fact that they just beat geelong.

well by that, they will win all 6 remaining games.

but this is AFL and we're being realistic.
playing away from AAMI (except against west coast) has been the crows big downfall this year. If they nabbed more than the 1 win away from home already (by what is effectively round 17 for them now) then the 8 would almost be a lock in.

we're not making the finals, the season is over...

its a really good win, and it was great to see.

understand what you are saying. season might be over. but if we can beat geelong, while they are banging on about how well placed they are, with minumin injury list, then we might be able to beat anybody.

if our players hit the contest, and zone hard, then there aren't too many teams that will beat us.

why do I care if a pleb like you is annoyed?

if you lower your standards far enough you can always be pleased. it was a good win, but maybe its no coincidence that we're stringing a few results together after the season has already gone down the shitter.
Geez you are a ****head.:thumbsdown: You weren't that idiot Carlton supporter who rang up 5AA telling us to keep a lid on it after the game were ya? The less supporters like yourself, the better. Go and support Port or some shit team like that.

well by that, they will win all 6 remaining games.

but this is AFL and we're being realistic.
playing away from AAMI (except against west coast) has been the crows big downfall this year. If they nabbed more than the 1 win away from home already (by what is effectively round 17 for them now) then the 8 would almost be a lock in.

you're right. i don't expect adelaide to make the 8. but the team on the park that now has good fitness, that failed in the opening 8 rounds, is the same team that was expected to finish between 5th - 8th. just beat cat's comfortably. how many teams beat geelong?

understand what you are saying. season might be over. but if we can beat geelong, while they are banging on about how well placed they are, with minumin injury list, then we might be able to beat anybody.

if our players hit the contest, and zone hard, then there aren't too many teams that will beat us.

ah look there is a lot to like. seeing guys like Hendo & sloane stand up great. watching Davis perform all very encouraging.

prior to this week, we'd shown we were the best of a bad bunch. i.e. best of the shit teams, and now we've shown with an ounce of luck we can be competitive with the good teams. something that hasn't been true for years.

all good. but given that the pressure is off, I am holding back on drawing too many long term conclusions.

the performance of some of the young guys means a lot more than the result to me. results can be flukey, week to week, watching guys stand up - well that's more telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ah look there is a lot to like. seeing guys like Hendo & sloane stand up great. watching Davis perform all very encouraging.

prior to this week, we'd shown we were the best of a bad bunch. i.e. best of the shit teams, and now we've shown with an ounce of luck we can be competitive with the good teams. something that hasn't been true for years.

all good. but given that the pressure is off, I am holding back on drawing too many long term conclusions.

the performance of some of the young guys means a lot more than the result to me. results can be flukey, week to week, watching guys stand up - well that's more telling.

Im sorry, but if your seriously not excited about what you saw tonight then there is something seriously wrong with you.

The pressure is off, you mean Craigy? what still not happy that he retains his job and everything is rosy? would you have liked to have seen us bottomed out so the pressure is back on?

This win tonight had nothing to do with luck, it had to do with confidence..Seeing all our players, take on the game and take on the giants of the game and beating them will take them into the next 6 games with amazing amount of confidence and self belief, something that our team lacked in those first 6 rounds.

Frightful blather from you crow-mo, lack of feel for what evolves within the psyche during a game - seasonal circumstances shift and change within games. When the Crows hit the front their season was no longer down the shitter, it was alive. When the Cats drew back to within a goal that glimmer was again threatened, and there was real, legitimate pressure on this mob. You weren't at the ground to get a sense of that (for your sake, as a football follower, I wish you were. Indubitably the most intense, spine-tingling, passionate game played at West Lakes for well over a decade, where everyone within those walls knew in the pit of their stomach that our season hung entirely on whether we could find a way to answer this mob when they came at us late).

Said it several times before, unfortunately your being on the other side of the planet, away from the culture and the buzz and the games themselves inhibits your ability to make these sorts of "touch" calls. Footy is played in moments. You're pretty good with the statistics though. :thumbsu:

Incredible to think where they were a little over a month ago to now, amazing turn around

um not really. the crows over the past few years have always had a solid defense & in the last year or so have been working on building a multi-player forward line capable with more than 3+ players capable of kicking multiple goals. they havent been able to put it all together this year due to personal (didnt wanna say injuries see im picking up on craigisms) players down on confidence & fitness.

last night they played pretty much the way they always have defensively wise but the major difference was they moved the ball on faster/quicker than they usually do & went through the corridor a lot more.. if they play like that when they make the finals... god help us (especially us south aussies if they win the premiership) as i can see them with a realistic chance of winning the premiership from any position in the 8..

Neil craih has finally worked it out... to win finals you must take risk, be accountable for your opponent & play on at every opportunity.

Frightful blather from you crow-mo, lack of feel for what evolves within the psyche during a game - seasonal circumstances shift and change within games. When the Crows hit the front their season was no longer down the shitter, it was alive. When the Cats drew back to within a goal that glimmer was again threatened, and there was real, legitimate pressure on this mob. You weren't at the ground to get a sense of that (for your sake, as a football follower, I wish you were. Indubitably the most intense, spine-tingling, passionate game played at West Lakes for well over a decade, where everyone within those walls knew in the pit of their stomach that our season hung entirely on whether we could find a way to answer this mob when they came at us late).

Said it several times before, unfortunately your being on the other side of the planet, away from the culture and the buzz and the games themselves inhibits your ability to make these sorts of "touch" calls. Footy is played in moments. You're pretty good with the statistics though. :thumbsu:

Or perhaps he just wears a cape with "Captain Negativity" on it?

bullshit. if you lower your standards far enough you can always be satisfied.

when round 16 becomes our finals then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

you've said many things many times, and still no one takes you seriously or rates your opinion :thumbsu:

Or perhaps he just wears a cape with "Captain Negativity" on it?

getting excited about meaningless wins harks back to the Robert Shaw era.

Collingwood beating St Kilda to go top after round 16 is something to get excited about. beating Geelong in a dead rubber at home, not so much.

as I said there is a lot to like, but there's a long way to go before you draw long term conclusions given the way we fell over at the start of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch out top 8, the Adelaide juggernaut is coming!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back