Watters Sacked - Choco dodged a bullet

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you have a real short memory. That final against Carlton must've been very cleansing.

We accepted that people move on from footy clubs as they do every year. Obviously we don't have our own wrinkly arm in the media to cry us a river.

Difference is, he is actually important to our team. Doesn't matter who leaves or joins your club, you will still finish bottom 4.

The truth is in real life people are free to quit one job and start another. I've done it a bunch of times. So I wont be upset at Williams if he chooses to go. Personally I would question if it's a good idea to go to St Kilda, but that's his choice to make.

Its all about whats good for the RFC.Williams leaving in Nov isn't good for the RFC.

The truth is in real life people are free to quit one job and start another. I've done it a bunch of times. So I wont be upset at Williams if he chooses to go. Personally I would question...........
Generalisation Tigerdan - most people in real life may be able to, but not all. I have non-poaching and selected stopping clauses in my employment contract to prevent me being poached by client, getting private work from clients, going to companies in direct competition with the one I am at bla bla bla .

If the contract with Chocco has been written up in such a way as he may break contract only with the clubs appoval - which is what I would suspect is the case from Benny Gales words - then he isn't free to quit in some circmstances.

Generalisation Tigerdan - most people in real life may be able to, but not all. I have non-poaching and selected stopping clauses in my employment contract to prevent me being poached by client, getting private work from clients, going to companies in direct competition with the one I am at bla bla bla .

If the contract with Chocco has been written up in such a way as he may break contract only with the clubs appoval - which is what I would suspect is the case from Benny Gales words - then he isn't free to quit in some circmstances.

This is spot on. Its always been an unwritten agreement that clubs would release assistants for top jobs, but when was the last time this happened so late in the year.

I wouldnt release him personally and as a football person he would have to understand our position in that we cant afford to be weakened on the eve of pre-season.

I wouldnt expect it to get to that with the AFL intervening.

I think it's time that the AFL works out a compensation of some sort for coach poaching. It has been a while since our club has had it happen to us, but now that potentially a 2nd coach might leave us for another club's head position the AFL should work out a fair agreement for all clubs.

So hypothetically if the contract is broken, then could we technically sue Williams or St.Kilda?

Im pretty sure we could stop williams working in the industry for 12 mths if there wasnt a senior coach get out clause.

if we want to go all legal on saint kildas ass we have the best lawyer in Australia as our new president. Breach of contract and what not

Reckon it's all over. Centrebet and Sportsbet have stopped taking bets on the Saints new coach as Chocco was into $1.80

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's as good as gone . So sad to lose him and Leppa within 5 weeks of each other. Just plain unlucky and it will hurt us next year.

We'll be very lucky to make the 8 with all this up heaval so close to the pre season.

If Saints offer Chocco the job, then they should pay a transfer fee to us. Say around $500,000. The problem is the Saints probably just dont have the money. Anyone got an idea of the sort of money Chocco would be expecting as a semior coach?

If Saints offer Chocco the job, then they should pay a transfer fee to us. Say around $500,000. The problem is the Saints probably just dont have the money. Anyone got an idea of the sort of money Chocco would be expecting as a semior coach?
I agree , they have to give us some compensation this close to the season , not to mention the intellectual property he has about or club and especially our kids.

Most coaches are on 400-600k so I guess he'll be on around that. Dylan Sheil to Saints next year hey?

Roos has already fixed Melbourne just by drafting Dom Tyson and talking about playing Jack Watts on the ball, why can't Choc fix the Saints in 4 weeks as well?
Because St.Kilda haven't had top end draft picks in the last 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back