Watts v Hurley v Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree puppetmaster he has definitely got the frame to be a power forward now he has matured a bit. Looking forward to Hurley putting on more beef now he has no thumb/wrist problems!

Watts has a KPF type build, believe me. Obviously not a 'Power Forward' and at the moment he has a good 7-8kg's to put on but he will put on more than enough muscle to become a Reiwoldt style athletic CHF/FF. There's no point trying to make him into a Cloke or Dawes type size, I agree there. He was the 'bomb' to player throughout his junior years and he has taken some nice pack marks and contested marks this year, he will get there IMO.

Agreed.

Watts has that frame where he could easily put on quite a bit more weight and still possess the freakish athletic abilities. He's just a freak like that.

I reckon he could easily get to 100kg with out affecting his agility, speed etc no problems.

Look at T Cloke - he's an absolute monster (108kg) yet one of the fittest players at Collingwood. An animal really.

Are Dees fans concerned about how Bailey is playing him? I noticed on Sunday that Watts spent a fair bit of time playing as a loose man in defense, helping out Frawley. This might help the team, however, is it good for his development?

I hate it when he moves into defence, it's a useless strategy anyway IMO. Especially when you are trying to play an attacking brand of footy.

That's the first time Watts has moved to defence in 5-6 weeks iirc.

Playing on a gun forward will teach him something about how the top forwards go about it. Playing as a loose man teaches him nothing and smells of Bailey's self-protection.

Watts is having a better year than Hurley, who is fast becoming the most overrated tall forward going around. He hits packs and draws smaller players into the game, but he never looks like taking a big grab. He's a much better defender.

Clueless! Hurley is so much better than Watts, stop being blinded by bias.

What?

The poll doesn't reflect that train of thought.

Hurleys' last 3-4 weeks have been great.

That post was also made before then, and you aren't even addressing the point made in the post.

I can safely say you are one of the more biased Essendon supporters I've come across.

What?

The poll doesn't reflect that train of thought.

Hurleys' last 3-4 weeks have been great.

That post was also made before then, and you aren't even addressing the point made in the post.

I can safely say you are one of the more biased Essendon supporters I've come across.

Why because Hurley is better than Watts, it true isn't it?
anyone who voted Watts over Hurley and Nic Nat are delusional.
Watts has done nothing to demonstrate that he will be a game breaking CHF like the other 2 players have shown in their respective positions.

Sh!t, Hurley has kicked more goals than Watts this season played 2 less games and 5 as a KP defender.
WOW people are really clutching at straws.

Mate, you clearly aren't capable of thinking about what you post. Re-read the post you first quoted.

You also have clearly not been watching Watts closely this year. He's had some pretty good games.

Anyone who votes Watts over Hurley or NN are stating their opinion, they aren't delusional.

Hurley plays much closer to goal, it's no surprise he has more goals when you also consider Watts has played about 5 games where he has spent significant time off half back and the wing.

They are different types of players, ones a FF and one is a roaming CHF. In their peak I would expect, if Hurley was playing up front, that he would be kicking more goals.

I'm happy with Watts.

I'm happy with Watts.

I'm Extatic with Hurley.
sums up Essendon fans feelings getting someone of Hurley's quality at 5 compared to Melbourne's fans getting Watts at 1.
Honestly if We had Watts at pick 1, I would be disapointed just like I am about Myers and Gumby.
West Coast and Essendon have nailed the 08 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm Extatic with Hurley.
sums up Essendon fans feelings getting someone of Hurley's quality at 5 compared to Melbourne's fans getting Watts at 1.
Honestly if We had Watts at pick 1, I would be disapointed just like I am about Myers and Gumby.
West Coast and Essendon have nailed the 08 draft.

Hahaha, Myers and Gumby?

That's just insulting.

He labelled them disappointments S_20.

Which they are, for one reason or another.

07 was never a particularly strong draft.

Cale Morton is a guy I am very disappointed in from that draft.

Myers is all right.

Watts will be much, much better IMO.

watching Watts right now, he looks better in defence than when he is forward.
Henderson has probably had the better of him up till now. But he is starting to be free across half back.
Really he should be on a KPP if he goes back for learning purposes.
interesting to see how he goes when he is forward with Henderson on him.

Not sure if serious. Has been very good today considering we're getting smashed in the clearances. Henderson is much bigger too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back