Competitions WCE Board 2022 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order and Selections

ROUND 1 :

1. Brisbane - Will Ashcroft (F/S bid matched)
2. GWS - Aaron Cadman
3. North Melbourne - George Wardlaw
4. North Melbourne - Harry Sheezel
5. Essendon - Elijah Tsatas
6. Gold Coast - Oliver Hollands
7. Hawthorn - Jhye Clark
8. Geelong - Jedd Busslinger
9. West Coast - Mattaes Phillipou
10. St Kilda - Cam Mackenzie
11. Carlton - Bailey Humphrey
12. Western Bulldogs - Reuben Ginbey
13. West Coast - Elijah Hewett
14. Melbourne - Matt Jefferson
15. Sydney - Isaac Keeler
16. GWS - Olli Hotton
17. Collingwood - Harry Barnett
18. Brisbane - Jaspa Fletcher (F/S bid matched)
19. Sydney - Brayden George
20. GWS - Henry Hustwaite

ROUND 2 :

21. GWS - Lewis Hayes
22. Essendon - Alwyn Davey Jnr (F/S bid matched)
23. West Coast - Darcy Jones
24. Essendon Match Davey bid
24. Western Bulldogs - Josh Weddle
25. Adelaide - Jakob Ryan
26. Hawthorn - Coby Burgiel
27. Collingwood - Lachie Cowan
28. West Coast - Ed Allan
29. Collingwood - Charlie Clarke
30. St Kilda - Jacob Konstanty
31. Carlton - Nick Sadler
32. Fremantle - Mitch Szybkowski
33. North Melbourne (traded from GWS) - Max Gruzewski
34. Adelaide - Max Michalanney (F/S bid matched)
35. St Kilda - Sam Gilbey
36. Port Adelaide - James Van Es
34. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
35. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
36. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
37. Melbourne - Jackson Broadbent
38. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid

ROUND 3 :

38. Western Bulldogs - Anthony Munkara
39. GWS (traded from North Melbourne) - Taj Campbell-Farell
40. Hawthorn - Jaxon Binns
41. Sydney - Adam D'Aliola
42. North Melbourne - Kaleb Smith
43. Fremantle - Harry Lemmey
44. Gold Coast - Tom McCallum
44. Adelaide Match Michalanney bid
45. St Kilda - Kobe Ryan
46. Hawthorn - Phoenix Foster
47. Carlton - Harry Rowston
48. Hawthorn - Blake Durry
49. Collingwood - Jaidon Magor
50. Hawthorn - Finn Emile-Brennan
51. Richmond - Corey Tregenza-Cashell
52. Essendon - Tom Scully
55. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
56. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
53. GWS - Jed Hagan
54. Geelong - William Dowling

ROUND 4 :

55. North Melbourne - Pass
56. Port Adelaide - Max Knobel
57. GWS - Pass
58. Essendon - Jack Cleaver
59. Essendon (Points surplus from matched Davey bid) - Ethan Phillips
60. Richmond - Will Verall
61. Geelong
62. Hawthorn - Pass
63. Carlton
64. Fremantle

END DRAFT

Last edited:
Pick 19. Sydney Swans

Brayden George (Murray Bushrangers)
images.jpeg.jpg images.jpeg-1.jpg
If he didn't do his knee a few months back, he would be top 10 calculations. This guy can win you a game in 5 minutes, for his size he packs the power. Thumping kick combined with a burst of speed, and can kick them from everywhere.
Swans are happy to wait for this guy to come good, as once he is patrolling half forward in 4 tp 5 years he'll start to rip games apart.

Currently a low possession, high impact player. I remember the first game of his I saw, and he stuck in my mind for two absolutely sensational goals he kicked and you really noticed every disposal as it was a thing of beauty. Kicked two bags in the NAB league this year, with 5 vs Gippsland Power and 6 vs the GWV Rebels.

dajesmac back to the dark side of Sydney.

Last edited:
Pick 19. Sydney Swans

Brayden George (Murray Bushrangers)

If he didn't do his knee a few months back, he would be top 10 calculations. This guy can win you a game in 5 minutes, for his size he packs the power. Thumping kick combined with a burst of speed, and can kick them from everywhere.
Swans are happy to wait for this guy to come good, as once he is patrolling half forward in 4 tp 5 years he'll start to rip games apart.

dajesmac back to the dark side of Sydney.View attachment 1537784View attachment 1537785
He’d be a really astute pick up for Sydney. With so much young talent coming through they perhaps more than anyone could afford to be patient with him

Damn, hoped Hustwaite would slip through.

While I’m gathering my thoughts, I’ll bid on Alwyn Davey Jr.

Keys does Schtinker automatically have to match? I can’t imagine Essendon wouldn’t match here anyway.

Damn, hoped Hustwaite would slip through.

While I’m gathering my thoughts, I’ll bid on Alwyn Davey Jr.

Keys does Schtinker automatically have to match? I can’t imagine Essendon wouldn’t match here anyway.
I’ll give him the option

He might want to organise a trade down

I guess I have to but dammit I was hoping he'd slip by. Bid matched
Essendon lose pick 24 but with an excess of points their pick 52 moves up to 43

Last edited:
Excellent, after I missed out on Busslinger I wanted this fella to join the Dogs as a promising KPD. Welcome to the Western Bulldogs...

Josh Weddle

VM-Josh-Weddle-2.jpg

Height: 0.3m
Weight: 3.2kg
Club: Viridian Forest/Vic Metro
Strengths: Dark, Grass
Weaknesses: Fire, Flying, Rock

SNAPSHOT: “A well-rounded athlete and defender capable of intercepting, rebounding, and locking down a variety of opponents.”

Josh Weddle is a prospect who falls into the bolter category this year, having enjoyed a steep rise up draft boards. Turning out for the Oakleigh Chargers and Carey Grammar, he quickly showcased the blend of athleticism and versatility he offers down back to earn selection in the Vic Metro squad.

Playing all four National Championship games, he took on the task of manning some of the best tall forwards of the draft crop, playing above his size with sound defensive craft, while also looking dangerous on the rebound.

The 18-year-old’s exploits this year saw him named at full back in the All Australian side, and at centre half-back in the NAB League team of the year, before deservedly being invited to the National Draft Combine in October.

Falco is up for the Crows.

Excellent, after I missed out on Busslinger I wanted this fella to join the Dogs as a promising KPD. Welcome to the Western Bulldogs...

Josh Weddle

Height:
0.3m
Weight: 3.2kg
Club: Viridian Forest/Vic Metro
Strengths: Dark, Grass
Weaknesses: Fire, Flying, Rock

Falco is up for the Crows.
Are those his birth weight and height you’ve posted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are those his birth weight and height you’ve posted?
He’s evolved since then, now around 192cm and 89kg.

You’d hope he’s got a bit more growth in him before he’s battling the big talls in the AFL.

Collingwood have to take the slider and best available in Lachlan Cowan. Morrish medallist despite being stuck in the Tassie team, an accumulator off half back that will provide run and penetrating disposal. Wouldn’t surprise to be an early teens pick on draft night.

Miguel Sanchez

Collingwood have to take the slider and best available in Lachlan Cowan. Morrish medallist despite being stuck in the Tassie team, an accumulator off half back that will provide run and penetrating disposal. Wouldn’t surprise to be an early teens pick on draft night.

Miguel Sanchez

After much internal wrangling, Eagles take Ed Allan.

Back to you ronpingwins

To round out the pies mix I’ll take a small forward in Charlie Clarke. Clarke will start and probably spend most of his career up forward, but he gives me Dylan Moore vibes, he provides a bit of everything and I think he’ll grow into having a lot of midfield rotations. Played midfield at stages in the NAB league and dominated when in there, but was playing in a team that was stacked in the midfield, limiting his opportunity there. I expect him to play early and he could be a star.

Hook461123

West Coast - Pick 23 - Darcy Jones - Western Australia/Swan Districts - midfielder - 175cm/69kg

Description from Rookieme: “A tenacious and zippy midfielder with an eye for goal, Jones has proven size does not matter to put his name on the radar of many clubs."

Despite talk that his size could put teams off, he’s bolting up draft birds and I was worried that he wouldn’t be there at my next pick. He’s a quick, skillful mid who just set a record in the agility test at the Combine, so he’d be a perfect addition to our struggling midfield.

West Coast - Pick 28 - Ed Allan - Western Australia/Claremont - midfielder/utility - 185cm/84kg

Description from Twomey: "Allan missed the first half of the year with stress fractures in his back but returned for Western Australia's final game of the under-18 championships. He then went back to colts level with Claremont and played as an inside midfielder and wingman, averaging 25 disposals in his last five games. His athleticism and scope is exciting".

My internal wrangling (you can wrangle internally with yourself, you jerks) was because I didn’t want four midfielders, and I was really considering Clarke* at this pick as our forward line is looking a little threadbare with Rioli gone, Jones moving back, and some of the other small forwards being questionable. But ultimately I couldn’t pass up Allan as a prospect that, like Phillipou, could be anything.

(*might have considered Konstanty as well, but after just taking Jones I didn’t want to go with another 5’9” guy).

Pretty happy with the haul of Phillipou, Hewett, Jones and Allan, I think it sets our midfield up nicely for a very long time. Would like to add [REDACTED] with a late pick and I still might for the purposes of this exercise, even though in real life it looks like we won’t have a fifth list spot.[/B]

With pick 30 the St Kilda football club selects Jacob Konstanty

176cm/70kg
Small forward
Gippsland Power : Vic Country

One of the highest rated small forwards in this years draft crop. Jacob is a high pressure small forward who tackles and kicks goals. He kicked 17 goals and avg 6 tackles a game for Gippsland Power. He’s fast, a good mark for his size and elite around goal.
He will add some much needed forward pressure and goal sense for the St Kilda forward line.
Not only that but he’s from an elite basket…… soccer background

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions WCE Board 2022 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back