Analysis We’re in the Grand Final!!! Pies by 39 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

"I hate you bastards, but my god I admire you" -Norm Smith in the Collingwood rooms after the 1958 Grand Final.
It was all over in the first quarter, you had a plan and it worked perfectly. All the best for next week :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Tarks :)

Love ya mate, you’re class. Looking forward to squaring up against you next year.

What a beautiful night, still pinching myself, don't think it has sunk in as yet. Watching the Richmond supporters depart around the 20 min mark of the last was something to behold!!....Cox's game was the most complete aerial dominance l have seen from a forward. The roar of the crowd even before he even marked the ball, just watching him prepare to leap into the air, gave me goosebumps. Grundy is the best ruckman in the game, thought he with Coxy were BOG. Loved Crispy tonight, just his run was brilliant and Sidey the player of the finals without a doubt, and Adams tackling and contested work was brilliant tonight.
Cannot believe we are in the GF, wont sleep tonight, will be watching the replay. What a beautiful week it's going to be!!

Sidebottom: 41 disposals; 6 contested; 86% DE; 13 marks; 2 tackles; 3 I50’s
Adams: 36 disposals; 20 contested; 70% DE; 3 marks; 5 tackles; 9 I50’s
Crisp: 30 disposals; 10 contested; 94% DE; 8 marks; 8 R50’s; 2 tackles; 2 I50’s
Pendles: 24 disposals; 15 contested; 67% DE; 3 marks; 4 tackles; 4 I50’s
Langdon: 24 disposals; 8 contested; 88% DE; 13 marks; 2 tackles; 3 R50’s
Grundy: 21 disposals; 11 contested; 81% DE; 5 marks; 4 tackles; 3 R50’s; 56 HO; 1 goal
Mayne: 20 disposals; 6 contested; 90% DE; 6 marks; 9 tackles; 2 R50’s
Sier: 20 disposals; 10 contested; 80% DE; 3 marks; 3 tackles; 4 I50’s
Maynard: 18 disposals; 2 contested; 95% DE; 5 marks; 4 tackles; 3 I50’s
Cox: 15 disposals; 11 contested; 11 marks; 8 CM; 4 M50; 2 tackles; 4 I50’s; 3 goals
Aish's two brilliant tackles
Howe controlling HB
De Goey led Rance a merry dance

Doesn't get much better

I am looking forward to reliving the match in my dreams tonight.
I cannot even fore myself to think of a passenger.

Across the board effort from every player.

Some were outstanding though.

Sidebottom may well be the best finals performer we have had in the modern era. Simply sublimely superb.
Adams died for the pies tonight...lot's of hardballs, ably supported by Sier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are best in the world! We have beaten Richmond! Richmond, birthplace of flogs, Matthew Richardson, KB, Brendon Gale, Mick Malloy, Peggy O'Neill, we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all!). Caroline Wilson, can you hear me? Caroline Wilson... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

With apologies to Bjorge Lillelien

great win congratulations guys
If theres one thing I love is when the 'experts' get it wrong - no one had WC or Collingwood in the 8 and boy were they emphatically proven wrong!
Hopefully Catchya next week in the grand finale
All week on every show the EXPERTS all picked Richmond. I called Chad Cornes on SEN this morning when he predicted 60+ win for Richmond.
Can't wait to call him on Monday and get my apology......if you listen I'm Jim from Ballarat

I’m a very vocal Collingwood supporter. The only bad part of tonight was being called a “black idiot” (I’m dark skinned) by Richmond supporters towards the end of the game.

I was disappointed to see that still exists. I moved on quickly though when Grundy kicked the goal and turned around and said “its Grundy, it’s Grundyyyyyy”.

Great win. I’m shaking. Amazing.

Congratulations.
Thoughts from tonight’s game seem to focus to me on How much of a Rolls Royce Steele Sidebottom is.
He goes everywhere to plug a hole and create. Left or right he’s hard to quell.
Mason Cox, wow! That block of play in the second where no defender got even close was scary. Even better was his confidence in finishing. The swagger was a bit of a laugh but fair play. ESPN are going to rock it.
De Goey of the square. Brilliant decision from the get go to play him there and focus your forward unit around that.
There’s more strings to his bow as well.
Taylor Addams. Unheralded. Hard as ****.
Gotta admire Goldsack. Near the end and lars. Massive achievement. Think his voice and set up on the field really tightens the defence up.
Aish off half back on Rioli worked.
It’s amazing what 12 months can do.
I’ve got an idea for a retreat for pre season for yas.
Next week should be just as hard. Don’t put the foot off.

I’m a very vocal Collingwood supporter. The only bad part of tonight was being called a “black idiot” (I’m dark skinned) by Richmond supporters towards the end of the game.

I was disappointed to see that still exists. I moved on quickly though when Grundy kicked the goal and turned around and said “its Grundy, it’s Grundyyyyyy”.

Great win. I’m shaking. Amazing.
inbred campaigners having a sook, hope they enjoyed the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis We’re in the Grand Final!!! Pies by 39 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back