Analysis We are still favourites for 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously why bother with this thread to be honest they do not deserve to play finals this year they can hardly string together two wins in a row seriously whoever made this thread you must be kidding. I will always remain a crows fan because i strongly feel like big changes are going to be made at the end of this year so their is definitely no need to leave now.

We are better off returning in 2015 and come out and unexpectadly rise i think its a simple as that with a few good recruits because in reality our team is pretty good but they need to harden up and sando needs to change the gamestyle make it exciting to watch would be a start and less predictable.

Assuming West Coast beat Gold Coast, Richmond lose to Sydney and Collingwood lose to Hawthorn:
If we win 130-40 points our percentage will be 114.8%
If West Coast win 70-60, their percentage will be 114.78%

These are the most realistic scores to use, allowing for St Kilda to kick at least 40 points..

If West Coast win 100-60, their percentage will be 116.54%
We would then need to win 160-35 to go to 116.70%
Not that I care, just out of interest and more disbelief we are still even that much of a chance..
But they are the numbers..

Yep. We need to keep the Saints to a VERY low score and kick a motza for us

Unless of course, GC do us a massive favour and beat the Eagles...... And they played alright yesterday! ( i watched the end after our game)

Then we just need the Tiges and Pies to lose........ Yeah, a lot needs to happen for us to make it

Would a finals shellacking at the hands of our enemies produce more change than just missing the 8?

It would probably ruin my life.

And I don't see why it would produce any more change. Isnt that why we're built to be 'hijack' proof from any pesky rivals?

It would probably ruin my life.

And I don't see why it would produce any more change. Isnt that why we're built to be 'hijack' proof from any pesky rivals?

Roo is there to chew gum and kick some ass....... But i'm quite sure he's all outta gum!

*sorry for the dodgy video game quote

We will beat the Saints, by how much is the question. GC will be no walk over for the WC, Richmond are very unlikely to beat Sydney.

We will beat St. Kilda comfortably if it is required and will know in advance exactly what is needed (whether that's a good or bad thing is another question).

A 70-80 win over the wooden spooners would ensure a top eight spot, we will win by around that much regardless.

Us beating St. Kilda by a lot is more like
Y that Richmond beating Sydney and WC belting GC. So therefore we are favourites as our result is the most likely of the three options.

West Coast are favourites and it isn't close. Maths clearly isn't your strong suit. A 70-80 point win for us isn't even close to enough if West Coast get up by around 20-30 like everyone assumes they will.

We will beat the Saints, by how much is the question. GC will be no walk over for the WC, Richmond are very unlikely to beat Sydney.

We will beat St. Kilda comfortably if it is required and will know in advance exactly what is needed (whether that's a good or bad thing is another question).

A 70-80 win over the wooden spooners would ensure a top eight spot, we will win by around that much regardless.

Us beating St. Kilda by a lot is more like
Y that Richmond beating Sydney and WC belting GC. So therefore we are favourites as our result is the most likely of the three options.

West Coast are favourites and it isn't close. Maths clearly isn't your strong suit. A 70-80 point win for us isn't even close to enough if West Coast get up. Just stop.

How the hell can we be favorites when it is out of our control

Hawks need to beat Pies - highly likely
Swans need to beat Richmond, likely but not a dead certainty
GC need to beat WCE, unlikely but not without a good chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't discount Richmond beating Sydney next week. If the swans win today against the dogs then they go a game and 30% clear of third place meaning it's impossible to lose a home final.

Besides, it'd be an outrage if we made it. The most undeserving finals side in history. Port would belt the stuffing out of us week one. No thanks.
all the teams vying for eighth are undeserving. Even Richmond

Hey guys, your team seems to be the flavour of the month on our board, below is a quote from one of our threads, should explain things clearly for everyone in regards to the final round. Full credit to Quinz for doing the maths

Just crunching the numbers for those that are interested- I assume everyone! Percentage depends on both FOR and AGAINST so for this scenario I'm giving Gold Coast 70 points for and St Kilda 50 points for.

If West Coast... Win by 1 point (71 to 70)
Then Adelaide... Need to win by 80 points (130 to 50)

If West Coast... Win by 10 points (80 to 70)
Then Adelaide... Need to win by 90 points (140 to 50)

If West Coast... Win by 24 points (94 to 70)
Then Adelaide... Need to win by 106 points (156 to 50)

If West Coast... Win by 36 points (106 to 70)
Then Adelaide... Need to win by 119 points (169 to 50)

Gold Coast will have a shot after the siren and miss. It'll be about quarter time at our game where we're told we need a big win against the Saints to get over the line for 8th.

"Anything can happen from 8th," Sando says with a half smile and a wink.

We're pumped up. 20 points up at quarter time already, what's another 80 by the end of the match? A blistering second quarter sees us lead by 60. It's all going to plan and the Saints are rattled. We sing the team song at half time just so we get the pitch right when the cameras are on us later. Everyone's passing around mints and laughing.

Then we fail to show up in the third quarter. Literally we don't even show up on the field. The umpires shrug and St Kilda take the ball uncontested I50 and miss 30 times in a row before we come out onto the field. By then the damage is done.

"We've got the best forward line in the league, boys. We can do this." He's not smiling anymore, but he's still confident.

We come out in the last quarter and dominate! We're in front by 99 and the ball is flying I50. Pods takes a mark and the siren blows. He's 20m out dead in front and the crowd is waving their hands wildly. They all have calculators out. The oval officials were giving them out as part of a "mathematical chance" marketing package. Kick this and we're into the finals!

He elects to go the banana for some reason and it thunders into the post.

"Pods wasn't to blame," Sando says at the end of the game. "It was the weather."

This will be the year that 8th makes the GF, which will be used to suggest that we're not that far off being a serious contender.

Oh, I imagine they already have their excuses ready.

We are a young side, playing away from home is a challenge for a young side. We will get better

Add Lynch and Otten and we are not that far away.

We win the Carlton, Melbourne and Essendon and we are top 6.

We won't need to make major changed and we will roll the dice with this group again. Pods will play again.

This will be the year that 8th makes the GF, which will be used to suggest that we're not that far off being a serious contender.

I know what you're trying to do, but no :)

Hey guys, your team seems to be the flavour of the month on our board, below is a quote from one of our threads, should explain things clearly for everyone in regards to the final round. Full credit to Quinz for doing the maths

Lets hope for a rain filled slog fest on the GC next week then!

I know what you're trying to do, but no :)

Lets hope for a rain filled slog fest on the GC next week then!

Well then, perhaps it can be used to support our strategy of building a list that perpetually gives us a chance of making the 8. The final proof that if you make the 8, anything can happen. We'll be able to hear the "aha, I told you so", all the way from lygon st.

Yeah I worked this out earlier.. It's basically whatever West Coast win by if they do win, Adelaide need to win by about 80 points more than that WC margin.. (if the other results fall as most think they will)

Cant we still end up 11th.
If we beat St Kilda, Hawks beat Pies, West Coast beat Gold Coast and Sydney beat Richmond, we will end up 9th.. West Coast will be 8th unless we make up that 80 point margin difference to sneak into 8th..

Highly likely we will be 9th, perfect spot to finish <sarcasm>

Yeah I worked this out earlier.. It's basically whatever West Coast win by if they do win, Adelaide need to win by about 80 points more than that WC margin.. (if the other results fall as most think they will)

If we beat St Kilda, Hawks beat Pies, West Coast beat Gold Coast and Sydney beat Richmond, we will end up 9th.. West Coast will be 8th unless we make up that 80 point margin difference to sneak into 8th..

Highly likely we will be 9th, perfect spot to finish <sarcasm>

Don't diss 9th, its worked for Richmond...... :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis We are still favourites for 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back