Roast We are the shittiest of shit, like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SHIT Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

just as i suspected, they are not releasing the results of the "review"

1. Injuries
2. Young list
3. Patience required
4. New titles for all and will call it a football department restructure

just as i suspected, they are not releasing the results of the "review"

Lets be honest here.

There is no review.

This is why Silvers is a toothless joke. He has no backbone. A good CEO would have simply said 'we are having a full internal review into the football department and based on the position of our club, nothing is off limits, including the coach.'

The fact he has said the above but then clarified Nicks is safe means no matter what he finds there is a pre determined outcome. We all know Nicks has shit the bed in multiple areas. Its right there. So to then rule out the main cause of our ladder position means there really isn't a review.

I think the correct term Silvers should have used is 'reflection'

Basically thats what its called when you want to reflect upon whats not worked and our football department will learn from its mistakes. What can we do better next time?

A review is to make whole sale changes including personnel
A reflection is when personnel are safe but we are going to learn and grow together.

This moron is having an oxymoron.

Can Wayne please explain how you can conduct a thorough review of the football staff and structure but Nicks job is already declared safe before the review starts.

What happens if this 'thorough' review concludes Nicks should go?

Sounds like one of those review where you start with the result you want and then work backwards.

What a joke of a football club we are.

Its the old classic 101 political trick... You only ever call for a review/inquiry when you know exactly the outcome that will be reached.

Silvers is trying to appease the fanbase now with pointless optics and window dressing.

He's already hitched his sails to the AFC mast by declaring "we will keep backing everyone in" just the other week.

The doublespeak, hypocrisy and double standards of this club is absolutely breath-taking.

Its the old classic 101 political trick... You only ever call for a review/inquiry when you know exactly the outcome that will be reached.

Silvers is trying to appease the fanbase now with pointless optics and window dressing.

He's already hitched his sails to the AFC mast by declaring "we will keep backing everyone in" just the other week.

The doublespeak, hypocrisy and double standards of this club is absolutely breath-taking.
They are really treating members like idiots.

Guess they will be ok when many members like myself refuse to renew memberships if there is no significant change.

There is no review. This is the same BS previous administrations have pulled on us before. An exercise in PR to appeal to the happy clappers and the media.

I have breaking news

I have a source that says Silvers has booked a private dining room at Peel Street, for Nicks, Olsen, Roo and their wives plus himself for a long lunch.

Something about an in depth internal review was mentioned during the booking and requested some top shelf bottles of wine and whiskeys to be served.

Hughie Greenwood said it best, in response to a (grammatically poor) sledge from our esteemed footy director

"WOW, imagine someone from the Crows valuing disposals over impact"

That was five years ago.. after he was delisted for being "too old (28) and not part of our next premiership side"
That's a bad memory. Greenwood was a gun. When we had fringe players like Greenwood.

Sigh.

Silvers is doing a full football dept review in one week.
If Nicks is safe, he has obviously been white anting someone to take the heat off himself.

So after 5 years, Silvers is going to look into staff performance :D
My bet is Hamish has been the target and he will be replaced by... checks note, someone already at the club.
They probably have Roo lined up to further destroy our list as head of recruiting.

This moron is having an oxymoron.

Can Wayne please explain how you can conduct a thorough review of the football staff and structure but Nicks job is already declared safe before the review starts.

What happens if this 'thorough' review concludes Nicks should go?

Sounds like one of those review where you start with the result you want and then work backwards.

What a joke of a football club we are.
You can't ....supporters psyche are being massaged ....be seen to be doing something

It's just like the Optus Data Breach ...."we're working hard to ensure this doesn't happen again" ....do you feel better now ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't ....supporters psyche are being massaged ....be seen to be doing something

It's just like the Optus Data Breach ...."we're working hard to ensure this doesn't happen again" ....do you feel better now ?
& many didn't believe it & left Optus... including me.

May be the same with my Crows membership...

I have breaking news

I have a source that says Silvers has booked a private dining room at Peel Street, for Nicks, Olsen, Roo and their wives plus himself for a long lunch.

Something about an in depth internal review was mentioned during the booking and requested some top shelf bottles of wine and whiskeys to be served.
Guess that's a positive, just glad it's not at The Alma.

I have been calling Nicks an idiot and a potato for the past 3 years.

But I must admit he has been pretty shrewd in how he has gone about his job preservation this past month.

He has now coached 97 games for 33 wins.

In 3 games he will pass Ted Whitten in the running for most games coached without a finals appearance. Only Stuart Dew, Bob Skilton (2 clubs), Alan Richardson, and Robert Shaw (2 clubs) remain. Of these 4 coaches - he only has a better winning percentage than Stuart Dew.

Somehow - despite his abysmal record and after declaring 2024 the year we have the list to make finals and then starting 0-4 and winning 4 games from his first 14 games - the attention this week has now shifted to the rest of the club.

His messaging has been smart. Echoing that he has the full support of the board and the club. He schmoozes the media (David King). Even McDermott who has only met him once loves him. He is so damn nice that he has then somehow gets most of the attention on the list manager, recruitment manager, CEO, Board and all of his assistant coaches.

final report will be, everything is fine, no changes needed

Silvers: Well boys, the review is complete. It was arduous, lengthy, and most of all, thorough. And you know what? I'll be damned if I can find a single bloke here that's not a great person! Everyone brought something in for morning tea at least once. Just a top bunch of guys."

Ha! Sorry... busy day.

Fifteen minutes before the Semi against Sydney at the SCG he threw the gameplan out the window. "Walking out there tonight, I reckon the plan won't work... so, first option is to kick. Second option, kick. Third option, have a think about it, and kick. If you handball backwards you can get the f*ckin' Greyhound home and book your holiday early".

This was in late rounds of 2017, when the Crows were flying. He also said "If anyone is going to beat Adelaide in the Grand Final it's Richmond". A few of us chuckled (this is obviously before Richmond's first flag and they were perennial finals chokers). He said "Lock down the corridor on that big ground and we're no good".

Again, the rest is history. Good times!

Yeah, already knew the Sydney story. It’s a good one.

He also told them to play from behind that night (not in front), which was the other “throw the book out the window” moment.

Back