List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

About the same place it has been for a while, I reckon. 5 + 25 and some token late pick swaps. Maaaybe 21 instead of 25, depending on what the Cats are prepared to take for Christensen.
If 5 + 25 wouldn't do it, I assume we'd try 5 + 21 for 30. Maybe 5 + 21 for a later pick. 5 + 21 + 25 for 30 would be the limit I'd assume.

I suggested that trade on our board earlier today. I believe my club would do it.

Cheers.

I reckon that is right at the absolute maximum we would entertain. It sounds like it might be the absolute minimum Collingwood would entertain.

Which is probably where you're supposed to end up after negotiations.

Been reading the majority of this thread, and the longer it has gone on, the general consensus seems to be that we are happy to walk from the beams trade, we don't want to cave at the 11th hour and give collingwood a player, and go to the draft with our picks... For the record I am on board with these notions....
It makes me wonder, would the club have someone in public relations read through these threads to see what the publics thinking, because hypothetically if they did, there is no way we will cave, at least not in a big way (huge overs) because as I previously stated, it seems to be overwhelmingly in favour of us walking away with our heads held high.

Been reading the majority of this thread, and the longer it has gone on, the general consensus seems to be that we are happy to walk from the beams trade, we don't want to cave at the 11th hour and give collingwood a player, and go to the draft with our picks... For the record I am on board with these notions....
It makes me wonder, would the club have someone in public relations read through these threads to see what the publics thinking, because hypothetically if they did, there is no way we will cave, at least not in a big way (huge overs) because as I previously stated, it seems to be overwhelmingly in favour of us walking away with our heads held high.

The PR staff are not always the most popular members of an organisation, but I don't think the club hates its PR staff that much.

I still think Beams gets to the Lions. Collingwood's list management team are just dragging it as long as possible hoping the Lions will blink first and cave in. In the end i think it's Lions pick 5 and 21 (Patfull trade) and maybe 25 with 30 coming back our way. Or it might just be 5 and 21. Collingwood knows Beams wants out. They also know Greenwood wants in. They can't get Greenwood with pick 30. So the deal gets done late Friday.

Cheers.

I reckon that is right at the absolute maximum we would entertain. It sounds like it might be the absolute minimum Collingwood would entertain.

Which is probably where you're supposed to end up after negotiations.

Yeah I agree. If you have to choose between Christensen and Beams it's a no brainer. Beams has 150 games left of elite football.

I think to some degree it's the other way around. I think hearing Swann and Schwab in the media has given all of us the confidence to stick up for ourselves and walk away, just from hearing that they're not going to be pushed around. In the past we'd maybe have been resigned to losing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The PR staff are not always the most popular members of an organisation, but I don't think the club hates its PR staff that much.
I know it seems ridiculous that a professional organisation would read big footy forums, but to go over this thread it's fairly easy to get an idea of what the fans are thinking.

oh jesus.

Collingwood want Dangerfield, who apparently was at Westpac centre recently.
Adelaide want Aish. Aish possibly wants to head home to Adelaide.

Pick 5 and Aish to Adelaide for Dangerfield?

I like how Brisbane and Collinwood are at the point of quibbling over which mere combination of second round picks could get it done when packaged with pick 5 yet some Pies fans are thinking somehow that a fallback position is going to involve James Aish.

It's totally cute.

AFL Trade Rumours 2013

The Collingwood Cheer Squad have just returned from a trip to an orphanage in Zimbabwe.
"It was a great chance to meet such underprivileged people with little hope in life" Said Alfred Mgombo, aged 6

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back