WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he does not train as much as others are able us due to his knee innury. Not beingable to train as such will lead to his weighf gain. Even blind Freddy should be able to work that out.
The man must eat, but he also has to be able to work that off with physical training. The training he has been getting is by playing INJURED.
Simple.
As I said, Blind Freddy can see that.
And the reason he gets injured all the time. ????? Because he is out of shape and carrying a load .........BLIND FREDDY can see that

And the reason he gets injured all the time. ????? Because he is out of shape and carrying a load .........BLIND FREDDY can see that
I think the point is, some of it is on the club for rushing him back before he’s ready, but I do think, if he can’t run he needs to be having massive sessions on the zero G (whatever fancy name they have for it) machine to work that weight off.
I am hoping he isn’t rushed back this off seasons and spends most of his time getting aerobic fitness first then he can start running and jumping when it won’t be too much of a load on his knees.

So.... when Hayden Young hurt his leg it must have been because he was carrying extra weight right? When Cox did his hamstring... extra weight right? Or is it because sometimes players get injured and their weight has nothing to do with it.

When Darcy's knee wasn't stuffed he was really good. You could tell he could barely move due to his knee being stuffed.

He’s someone you keep, because his value has never been lower. If he gets fit and finds top form we’ll be better off. Same with Jackson who got worse as the season went on. Rucks are battering rams. There is a toll playing the whole season. Name me a durable elite ruckman?

We just need Darcy to find a high level season, same time as Pearce and Treacy and we dominate.

It’s simple we just need a period of time where the important pieces are fit and firing.

Darcy looked like every other key position player coming off an interrupted pre season this year. I'm certain that if we weren't in contention until the very last round that he would have been sent for surgery a month ago so he could be back training as early as possible.

So.... when Hayden Young hurt his leg it must have been because he was carrying extra weight right? When Cox did his hamstring... extra weight right? Or is it because sometimes players get injured and their weight has nothing to do with it.

When Darcy's knee wasn't stuffed he was really good. You could tell he could barely move due to his knee being stuffed.

Yes, sometimes when players get injured it has nothing to do with their weight. And sometimes it does. Look at Zion Williamson in the NBA. Or Joel Embiid.

There was an article in June where Darcy himself was admitting that he has come round to seeing that weight is a contributing factor and this year he has finally started to take steps to address his weight with his diet and take the load off his body. Better late than never.

I found a quote from him in 2017 where he talks about his home town and the first thing he says is ... "It’s a little town, it’s probably got a couple of bakeries, a couple of pubs and an IGA." Telling? Maybe, maybe not. But nonetheless, it's going to take some discipline to stick with the plan over the off-season. I am putting my faith in the big fella to come through with the goods.

View attachment 2102412
This is not a fit player

Needs to work on fitness and take it seriously.
Look at the bandages on the left knee, of course he isn’t fit, he can barely jog, let alone run and jump, that’s on the MC for selecting him underdone instead of sending him to the gym for a mini preseason before they brought him back into the side.

He’s admitted himself he likes the beers, so how professional is he really really being with taking care of himself in a way that doesn’t contribute to his problems? The fat campaigner could be the difference between whether or not the team plays finals.

He’s admitted himself he likes the beers, so how professional is he really really being with taking care of himself in a way that doesn’t contribute to his problems? The fat campaigner could be the difference between whether or not the team plays finals.
Confessing to liking the beers means diddly squat to your professionalism really. They can be mutually exclusive. These past two years are an outlier on the previous three or four for durability.

It's also quite common for mid-20's rucks to run into injury issues. It's not a gentle role they're playing and accumulative toll taking is consequences.

Look at the bandages on the left knee, of course he isn’t fit, he can barely jog, let alone run and jump, that’s on the MC for selecting him underdone instead of sending him to the gym for a mini preseason before they brought him back into the side.
A bit chicken egg though isn't it. Carrying the extra weight has an impact on his knee and when his knee is sore, he puts on weight. If you believe Darcy has ever been truly fit, then I think we have different standards of fitness. The only ruck in recent memory who has had Darcy levels of gut would be Nic Nat (who also had knee issues)

Confessing to liking the beers means diddly squat to your professionalism really. They can be mutually exclusive. These past two years are an outlier on the previous three or four for durability.

It's also quite common for mid-20's rucks to run into injury issues. It's not a gentle role they're playing and accumulative toll taking is consequences.
Dunno. He looks like a fat campaigner and is always injured 🤷🏻‍♀️ we know he can slim down because he has before, although it didn’t last for long. I’d honestly **** him off. Jacko was playing great this season until Darcy came back. Maybe it’s the two rucks, maybe it’s because Darcy isn’t the right dude.

Darcy needs a big pre-season running laps. If it's a 6 week recovery then he's ready to return to the main group before Christmas they should resist that and avoid contact as long as possible getting miles into his legs.

Eye of the tiger, you're going to spit nails kid. You're going to eat lightning, and crap thunder!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno. He looks like a fat campaigner and is always injured 🤷🏻‍♀️ we know he can slim down because he has before, although it didn’t last for long. I’d honestly **** him off. Jacko was playing great this season until Darcy came back. Maybe it’s the two rucks, maybe it’s because Darcy isn’t the right dude.

It's too late now. Like Brodie Grundy if we trade Darcy now we'll get a 2nd rounder and have to pay a chunk of his salary.

He’s someone you keep, because his value has never been lower. If he gets fit and finds top form we’ll be better off. Same with Jackson who got worse as the season went on. Rucks are battering rams. There is a toll playing the whole season. Name me a durable elite ruckman?

We just need Darcy to find a high level season, same time as Pearce and Treacy and we dominate.

It’s simple we just need a period of time where the important pieces are fit and firing.
name you a durable, elite ruckman?

one that used to be ours is playing tonight and will likely take Hawks to a prelim

Dunno. He looks like a fat campaigner and is always injured we know he can slim down because he has before, although it didn’t last for long. I’d honestly **** him off. Jacko was playing great this season until Darcy came back. Maybe it’s the two rucks, maybe it’s because Darcy isn’t the right dude.
Jacko was playing great untill he picked up a niggle having to solo ruck, so they rushed Darcy back in*

I believe is more accurate.

Patting yourself on the back for a dumb thread when this season has proven that Darcy is one of our major points of difference, hmmm.

If we have a fit Darcy next season then we contend for the premiership. If we don't have a fit Darcy next year our chances are much closer to zero.

He is, in my opinion, our most important player. Pretty confident he's aware that his career pathway hangs on this off/pre-season ahead of us.

Jacko was playing great untill he picked up a niggle having to solo ruck, so they rushed Darcy back in*

I believe is more accurate.
I don’t know if player mismanagement is better.

I have next to no confidence that he will pull his finger out. He’s regularly injured every year.

Patting yourself on the back for a dumb thread when this season has proven that Darcy is one of our major points of difference, hmmm.

If we have a fit Darcy next season then we contend for the premiership. If we don't have a fit Darcy next year our chances are much closer to zero.

He is, in my opinion, our most important player. Pretty confident he's aware that his career pathway hangs on this off/pre-season ahead of us.

Surely Pearce, Treacy, Young, Serong, Brayshaw are more important than Darcy?

If his career path hangs on the next 12 months that contract to 2030 looks a bad call.

I don’t know if player mismanagement is better.

I have next to no confidence that he will pull his finger out. He’s regularly injured every year.
Don't overcook it, doesn't do your credibility any favours.

Past two years. Before that he missed something like 9 games across three seasons.

Again for the umpteenth time, the nature of ruck work is full contact, which can have a cumulative impact resulting in increased risk of injuries 2 or 3 years in to full-time rucking.

Surely Pearce, Treacy, Young, Serong, Brayshaw are more important than Darcy?

If his career path hangs on the next 12 months that contract to 2030 looks a bad call.
It's the role he pays in allowing the midfield as a whole to reach their peak performance.

When idiots like Cornes rubbish on about high tap to advantage numbers not influencing W/L, they don't think to run that same comparison to high disposals for an individual mid.

It's better to view the midfield as a team within a team and when they're synchronised it's going to be most effective.

Have to use him.
Other teams use unproven, raw rucks. It’s not a position to use a multi million dollar talented freak as number 1 ruck because Darcy is injured.

Look at Geelong. Gotten away with Blicavs and Stanley. Why can Fremantle just use Reidy as the safe option and allow Treacy and Voss to go free? It’s dumb.
He has only played two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back