We need to light the meeting up

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting from the time you arrive. Sing the club song, scream the words " KEEP NORTH SOUTH", do whatever but get the emotion up and running before we get in. We now know that Caro will be there and most of us will be fired up.

When the GC plan is up we should all just turn our backs to it.

Or we all start singing our song nice and loud:thumbsu:

"Hearts to hearts"

Or we could just boo it, turn our backs, scream the words " KEEP NORTH SOUTH" and sing "HEARTS TO HEARTS".

That's better.

Here's the 2 minute job.

Meeting lineup for the GC plan. Print your selves a copy

roo1.jpg

You are so right Limerick. This is the one and ONLY night it seems that will ever give us a chance to be in numbers and at a venue where there will be so much press and the board etc all in the same place.

Let the rafters ring with our passion I say. Above all, to seem apathetic will mean death to our cause.

On a more serious note, does anyone want to meet outside, in the park opposite tha hall perhaps, so we can sit as a group?

I don't know too many BF folks personally, and am going by myself, so if anyone wants to meet outside, let me know.

I think what vlad 76 suggests has some merit, in the sense of creating a united "block" against the Gold Coast move.

I reckon the club, AFL stooges etc will have thought long and hard about how to stop heckling, booing, shouting down, loud singing of the song when the other side are spinning their crap and such other "unacceptable", UNCONTROLLED (by them) behaviour. It might even extend to ejecting people.

We would be much easier to pick off, or to silence individually, but as a united mass..........!!!!!

Its also easier to keep up the passion when you are surrounded by your own, and lets face it, not all the North supporters there will be on our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't be there as I'm in London, but can someone who is there secretly film it on their mobile phone?

I know cameras aren't allowed (or at least I thought I read that on another thread) but it would be good for someone to have SOME documentary evidence to refute the almost certain Caro report that there weren't many people there.

That's how you fight lies. With facts.

Already posted on another thread but appropriate here.

This could be the most significant NMFC event. We cannot simply allow this meeting to consist of
(i) a NMFC icon presenting the AFL position and why we should accept it, followed by
(ii) JB presenting his plan, then
(iii) told "now all you good NMFC members go home at let us get on with the job".

The end question to the Board must be
Why can't you make your decision NOW, you have all the facts. If you can't then we call for a spill of the Board and an urgent EGM or AGM. This situation can't go beyond the end of Dec, bearing in mind that an EGM/AGM requires a 21 day notification period.

We could have a good old Monty Python-esque witch burning, that would provide plenty of light. Caro would burn for hours.:D

"How do we know she's a witch?"
"Well, she turned me into a newt!"
"A Newt?"
............"I got better"

"And what do we burn apart from witches??"

"More witches!!":p

Great idea Vlad, I don't know the area all that well, do you mean in the top end of the Fitzroy gardens?

On a more serious note, does anyone want to meet outside, in the park opposite tha hall perhaps, so we can sit as a group?

I don't know too many BF folks personally, and am going by myself, so if anyone wants to meet outside, let me know.

Great idea Vlad, I don't know the area all that well, do you mean in the top end of the Fitzroy gardens?

Yes.
Top end of Fitzroy gardens. There is a big fountain up there for example where we could meet, or anywhere near there.
I will leave work around 5:30 and should be there by 6.

Im also a paid up member and would love someone to film it - if someone could it would be great - be proud and passionate guys, loud and supprtive of the Pro Melbourne guys. Good point about meeting over the road in the park, walk in on mass, sing HEARTS TO HEARTS AND HANDS TO HANDS!

Will they do loud speakers to those who dont get in???

Our meekness at the AGM last year was a disaster - and Allan Aylett will be there again saying "shut up for the good of the club"

That would be great becuase id like to eet some of the great posters on here, and i dont wanna sit by mysekf.

Our meekness at the AGM last year was a disaster - and Allan Aylett will be there again saying "shut up for the good of the club"

Won't work this time. The stakes are much higher now.

I think we will be ready for it this time... I would not like to see the Toad up on the stage this time... he has lost a lot of respect from the North faithful over the past six months... does he really want a repeat of the booing that occurred on a Grand Final a few years back???

and Allan Aylett will be there again saying "shut up for the good of the club"
The main difference being this time, Allen Aylett is irrelevant. He will be there as a spectator. You've also got to keep in mind that this night is primarily about the stay in Melbourne push and Brayshaw outlining his model. We already know what the GC plan entails and 95% of the supporters are against it. Brayshaw will be willing members to make noise, you can guarantee that.

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to light the meeting up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back