Roast We need to talk about Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol when he turned his back on the footy as JHF passed to him. He actually has no idea how to football.
He had no idea all night when to attack the ball and when to hold back to let his teammate attack it first. Was at sea. Much of his jumping to spoil high balls in packs is so mis-timed it puts our defence under even more pressure. There was nothing reassuring about his game tonight, other than the fact he didn’t drop short pass sitters.

Lachie was alright tonight. Understandably tentative early, was interesting to see Goldsack spend a lot of time with in the on-ground warm up. But settled as the game wore on and was clean with the ball.

Laid one huge tackle which unsurprisingly went unrewarded.

Another dreadful performance. Truly the stuff of nightmares.

By the end of the game he just started fisting the ball so he didn't have a chance to fumble

I still have hope. But it's inconceivable he continues to play ahead of Williams. Put him on the ball for a bit in the Maggie's. Let him handle it a lot in a contested game. Let him find form again there.

If he's back at the magpies though you know he'll play in a back pocket and get 8 touches. Cause that's where he plays in the power and building a winning culture in the 2nds is irrelevant

Pretty sure he's been worst on ground in at least 2, maybe 3 of our games for us. I still have hope for him, but he second guesses himself even when he's completely in the right position. His fumbles are his version of the yips and he needs to figure that s**t out in a way that doesn't impact wins and losses for us at the top level.

Needs to learn to defend, needs to learn to mark and handle the ball....gotta say he is not a natural footballer and he doesnt appear to be learning anything with more time.

stealing games from williams because he is in the charlir dixon clique is an awful look tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely even the players start to wonder how the f*ck is this guy in our best 22?

One of the lowest football IQ’s i have ever seen.

Lachie was alright tonight. Understandably tentative early, was interesting to see Goldsack spend a lot of time with in the on-ground warm up. But settled as the game wore on and was clean with the ball.

Laid one huge tackle which unsurprisingly went unrewarded.
Agreed. He was better.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His first half reminded me of Tom Jonas 2016-17. So horribly out of form but Ken wouldn’t let him play reserves until he literally cried on the bench.

Improved after that but clearly needs a good run in the twos.

I still have hope. But it's inconceivable he continues to play ahead of Williams. Put him on the ball for a bit in the Maggie's. Let him handle it a lot in a contested game. Let him find form again there.

If he's back at the magpies though you know he'll play in a back pocket and get 8 touches. Cause that's where he plays in the power and building a winning culture in the 2nds is irrelevant
I have hope too, based on what he’s done previously.

Worst rated player on the ground other than the subbed off/subbed on players.

I don't know if it's possible to fix his fumbles but to anyone with eyes there's absolutely no way this bloke should be playing ahead of Dylan Williams who played a very good 2023 season and is somehow now relegated to the 2s for eternity.

Needs to learn to defend, needs to learn to mark and handle the ball....gotta say he is not a natural footballer and he doesnt appear to be learning anything with more time.

stealing games from williams because he is in the charlir dixon clique is an awful look tbh.
Indeed and the team is on,y as good as their worst player. Needs To be dropped back to the 2nds.

Can't justify his selection over Williams. Electing for spoils because he doesn't have the confidence to attempt the mark. Bronx cheers from the crowd. Fix it now or he'll just end up a newer version of Pittard.

Can't justify his selection over Williams. Electing for spoils because he doesn't have the confidence to attempt the mark. Bronx cheers from the crowd. Fix it now or he'll just end up a newer version of Pittard.
What gets me is that Williams gets dropped when he plays ok. I was always surprised last year each time he was omitted. Never made sense.

Seemed to have a pretty pass poor attitude for the first half or so and looked like he was mentally defeated or mentally wanted to be somewhere else.

Skills and decision making when he got the ball were very good though, quite composed.

Early in the year so you can carry this sort of development for a while to see if he comes good with getting his hands on the ball first up.

Can see why he is ahead of Williams as he could be seriously good if it all comes together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back