We need to talk about Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Or his running mate Bart McCullough, who I'm pretty sure comes up in one of Fevola's stories where Fev wanted his player number, was told no by Bart, and Fev replied no worries I'll get it after you get delisted at the end of year. Some great team cohesion there. Both of course gone before the next season started!

I remember seeing Broc at Coorparoo Coles once. Simpler times.

I know he hasn't played this position since moving to the Lions, but Dunkley is a decent ruck too....

It’s probably in dunks contract that we don’t subject him to this

Charlie nominated himself for a ruck contest last weekend, stay away from there King Charles.
Im pretty sure Dunkley tried to come in and claim it but the umpire had already given it to Charlie. Im pretty sure they have a pecking order on who is to go up. And then its chaos like Charlie if none are there in time.

Pretty sure the order goes: Oscar > Daniher > Hipwood > Dunkley > then who ever puts their hand up

He was like a box of chocolates lol, it's why Leigh couldn't play him in the backline.
A box of chocolates where the coating is the best chocolate ever, the fillings are variable, but everything sixth one is dog shit flavoured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A box of chocolates where the coating is the best chocolate ever, the fillings are variable, but everything sixth one is dog shit flavoured.

I was just thinking about that Forrest Gump line about you never know what you're going to get. But ok, lol. Your description is more colourful, and on point.

I was just thinking about that Forrest Gump line about you never know what you're going to get. But ok, lol. Your description is more colourful, and on point.
I felt like "you never know what you're going to get" really undersold the Brennan experience.

And despite all that, if you asked me to name my favourite ever Lion he'd probably feature strongly.

Still think Hipwood ends up our best ruck.

Interesting take. He's off Grundy by about 6kg. If Hipwood ever goes into ruck, he can run rings around them once the ball hits the ground. He'll be like Jackson in that way.

I have been very down on Big O and he has made me eat my words the past month. His tap work has been the best it's ever been IMO and tbh I didn't see the improvement in him.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes against one of the best tonight. I think Gawn is still a very good player so neutralizing will still be a good result. But a dominant performance tonight and my perception might just change.

I'd be okay to give him a pass against Gawn. Most ruckmen would struggle in the matchup when Gawn actually cares to try.
I didn't feel like he was awful but I'm sure I'll be shouted down. He contested it, and a good Gawn game is completely unstoppable. Instead Oscar didn't exactly halve the contests but he killed the free taps Gawn gets at his best. Gawn to Oliver or Viney killed us, but they could have absolutely destroyed us if not for Oscar.

I didn't feel like he was awful but I'm sure I'll be shouted down. He contested it, and a good Gawn game is completely unstoppable. Instead Oscar didn't exactly halve the contests but he killed the free taps Gawn gets at his best. Gawn to Oliver or Viney killed us, but they could have absolutely destroyed us if not for Oscar.
Oscar isn't a superstar ruck but I think he can compete really well and suits our system.

I'm sure he'll be a bit disappointed he couldn't match the challenge of Gawn again but he has been in good form and I think he'll bounce back next week.

Oscar isn't a superstar ruck but I think he can compete really well and suits our system.

I'm sure he'll be a bit disappointed he couldn't match the challenge of Gawn again but he has been in good form and I think he'll bounce back next week.

If he’d kicked that goal it would’ve evened the ledger in the matchup quite a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back