Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke did a great job on him, but once Sidey was struggling to get into the game, l would have moved Sidey deep forward, and take Clarke with him, and put Clarke under defensive pressure.

Yeah, did Clarke follow him in the second when he went forward though? Think he stayed on the wing.

Probably would've been handy for him to have 30 tonight with the midfield a little depleted but alls well that ends well

Give credit to the crowd for no boos towards Pendles. :thumbsu:
But I thought it was inevitable that if a crowd feels like the umpires robbed them of the game they would 'boo the umpires' during the presentations and every supporter base would do it?

Great win on the road, on a ground that we don't play particularly well and with so many out.

Grundy is putting together a legitimate brownlow year. Has put together a compelling case as not only the best ruck in the comp but also the best player in the comp. Superb. Irreplaceable. Pay the man.

Pendles is an absolute legend. Couldn't ask for a better leader and is having a sensational season for us.

Still a little concerned about how easily Steele can be shut down for large periods of the game. Need to get a little more creative with how he shakes the tag. Beams is the other one that worries me because he looks like a shadow of his former self and gets exposed going the other way.

Really feel for Wells. I hope it's not a serious injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to win but flat with the performance. Some pretty average intensity from some of our name players tonight and our usual wasteful kicking kept Swans in it for way too long - but great to see Brown, Wells, Greenwood and Aish stepping up. I can't see Madgen ever being AFL standard - Wills perhaps.

Pendles was fantastic tonight and unlucky to miss out on the medal , but can't argue with Sam Reid. He just had one of those nights.

Wells seemed happy at the end - hopefully a good sign?

Probably. Hoskin-Elliot looked like he was about to cry after speaking to him.

Bugger.

I mean, I'm not surprised at all to see him get injured again, to be honest. He's an old man in footy terms, after all.

But he's obviously well liked by his teammates and is one of the most gifted players of the last 20 years.

Watch this space I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back