Analysis We Were Port Adelaide - Facts, Statistics, and Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

It is time We Were Port Adelaide was revived, but I will need your help.

Firstly, I would like to briefly explain why its revival last year was so short-lived. While the amount of time required to research, create, and publish content was a factor, my primary reason for stepping away was the abuse I was receiving. Our pea-brained happy-clappers - who were still on a high after their messiah's second third-place finish - were becoming more rabid with each new post.

I shared a selection of their public reactions with you above, but what you didn't see were their private messages. Several of the Ken Oath cultists - including the leader himself - had discovered my identity by that point, so continuing to do what I was doing was simply not worth the risk for me personally or professionally.

In order for We Were Port Adelaide to get off the ground again, I am asking you to become the researchers.

I am hopeless when it comes to uncovering statistics, I don't have the stomach to take quotes from Ken Hinkley's press conferences, and my facts aren't always the most interesting - but I can create okay-ish graphics to present everything. All I ask is that contributions include a reference or source. The more content we can stockpile here, the more pressure we can put on.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you follow and share both the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wewereportadelaide) and Twitter account (https://www.twitter.com/wewerepafc).

Let's take back our club.
GremioPower has been putting that stuff together. He posted 2 tables at these 2 posts in the 2021 Stats thread. He has a few more tables he has sent me. Maybe he can put them in that thread.

Alyx maybe you can make up a graphic with this info

Since WWII

Bob Quinn retires as a player and captain coach end of 1947.
Lew Roberts retires as a player and captain coach end of 1948.
Reg Schuman premiership player and captain coach, sacked at end of 1949, plays in 1950.
Fos Williams 6 time and last 5 years in a row premiership captain coach retires 1958 not reappointed.
Geof Motley captain coach of 1959 flag and two 3rds, one out in straight sets, sacked as coach end of 1961.
Fos Williams retires as non playing coach at end of 1973 after 3 more flags. Then gets a godfather offer from West.
John Cahill moves to Collingwood at end of 1982, might have been sacked after Granger fallout, won 4 flags.
Russell Ebert sacked after fails to win SF in 1987, lost 1984 GF as captain coach.
John Cahill sacked at end of 1998 after another 6 SANFL flags and only 2 years in AFL missed finals by % in 1997.
Mark Williams forced to resign mid 2010, a premiership coach.
Matthew Primus sacked / resigns late in 2012, two dismal years with not standard AFL resources at his disposal.

Ken Hinkley after 2 up years, then has had 5 yo-yo years for 1 finals loss, then an up year.

One of these is not like the others. Why?

Port @ Adelaide Oval (2011/2014)

11-3-0 (inc. 1-0-0 in finals): 78.54%

Port @ Adelaide Oval (2015-2019)

33-28-0 (inc. 0-1-0): 54.09%

Port @ Adelaide Oval (2020-2021*)

13-5-0 (inc. 1-1-0): 72.22%

Port @ Adelaide Oval (2015-Pres)

46-33-0 (inc. 1-2-0): 58.22%

Port @ Adelaide Oval (AFL era)

57-36-0 (inc. 2-2-0): 61.29%

I think your page has done its job. There are no Port supporters left to convince, but it is easily ignored by the club and the AFL media.

What we need is banners at games, booing, etc. that will be shown on TV.

How about a mass coke zero sit in on a deck chair outside of the oval instead of going in for the game we have paid for?

Last edited:
How about just make a twitter called "sackhinkley" and just have a bot that posts "sack hinkley" every day until he is inevitably sacked. Just let the hate and DMs accumulate kek.

How about just make a twitter called "sackhinkley" and just have a bot that posts "sack hinkley" every day until he is inevitably sacked. Just let the hate and DMs accumulate kek.
I need a twitter account updating me on if he's sacked.

"Is Ken Hinkley Sacked Yet?"

Then tweet "No." every day until I die.

all you have to do is tell people in plain english how the club has been taken over by AFL patsies post-2012. the big dumb grinning non-Port Adelaide campaigners are easy to spot, post their big dumb mugs all over the place with all their expectation-managing quotes to go with it, it's all done to play us, the people, so you need to reverse the spell they put on us

Last year I made this thread after that diabolical St Kilda loss.

Funnily enough, following that game we won all our remaining home games for the season up until the prelim and I thought perhaps we had turned the corner. Well like most things with the PAFC, nothing ever changes.

The stats have probably changed a bit now, but at that point the net uplift in win rate from playing at home compared to away was 0.1% AKA nothing. Our win rate against top 8 teams at home was 31%. We simply get very little advantage from playing at home, particularly against good teams. The crows have a far, far better record playing at home since 2015 and even now when they are shit they are still probably more intimidating than us when playing at home.

Clearly this is a critical weakness in terms of being in the premiership race. Interstate teams simply need to win at home to get into the top 4. Anecdotally I figure you should probably be winning 75% of your home games to make top 4. You should certainly be winning most home games against other top 8 sides.

But I also think it is a bit hit to the morale and confidence of the supporter base. People don't enjoy watching their team lose consistently and in the big games. I dread going to Adelaide Oval to watch us play and I'm sure others do to. To some extent it must effect attendances even if our overall home and away performances are not too bad.

The problem is that whatever protest anyone tries to put up will be misconstrued and shat on by club sycophants Kornes and Rooch. They always find a way to make us out to be ungrateful.
So what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alyx maybe you can make up a graphic with this info

Since WWII

Bob Quinn retires as a player and captain coach end of 1947.
Lew Roberts retires as a player and captain coach end of 1948.
Reg Schuman premiership player and captain coach, sacked at end of 1949, plays in 1950.
Fos Williams 6 time and last 5 years in a row premiership captain coach retires 1958 not reappointed.
Geof Motley captain coach of 1959 flag and two 3rds, one out in straight sets, sacked as coach end of 1961.
Fos Williams retires as non playing coach at end of 1973 after 3 more flags. Then gets a godfather offer from West.
John Cahill moves to Collingwood at end of 1982, might have been sacked after Granger fallout, won 4 flags.
Russell Ebert sacked after fails to win SF in 1987, lost 1984 GF as captain coach.
John Cahill sacked at end of 1998 after another 6 SANFL flags and only 2 years in AFL missed finals by % in 1997.
Mark Williams forced to resign mid 2010, a premiership coach.
Matthew Primus sacked / resigns late in 2012, two dismal years with not standard AFL resources at his disposal.

Ken Hinkley after 2 up years, then has had 5 yo-yo years for 1 finals loss, then an up year.

One of these is not like the others. Why?

You know that if Cahill didn't become available for '88, the club had settled on continuing with Ebert for a 6th year. I think in Fos' second stint with us we had gone several unsuccessful years before eventually deciding to part ways with him. So, we've had our moments of not moving on coaches promptly as well, but nothing compares to the extreme level of devotion to Hinkley.

You know that if Cahill didn't become available for '88, the club had settled on continuing with Ebert for a 6th year. I think in Fos' second stint with us we had gone several unsuccessful years before eventually deciding to part ways with him. So, we've had our moments of not moving on coaches promptly as well, but nothing compares to the extreme level of devotion to Hinkley.

Ebert was at least a grand final coach of a team in transition from domination to rebuild amidst VFL plundering.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Worst Losses By Non-Vic Teams in Home Finals

71 points, Port def by Bulldogs @ AO, 2021 PF
• 47 points, Brisbane def by Richmond @ Gabba, 2019 QF
• 47 points, West Coast def by Bulldogs @ Subiaco, 2016 EF
• 44 points, Fremantle def by Essendon @ Subiaco, 2003 EF
• 44 points, Sydney def by Brisbane @ Stad Aust, 2003 PF
• 40 points, Brisbane def by Geelong @ Gabba, 2020 PF

Well if you're going to break records, it's always good to do it in style.

The longest drought in the clubs 151 year history continues. 17 years.

Since the 2004 AFL flag, we've had 33 shots at an AFL or SANFL premiership.

4 Grand Final Losses (1 AFL + 3 SANFL)
4 Prelim Final Losses (3 AFL + 1 SANFL)
3 Semi Final Losses (2 AFL + 1 SANFL)
3 Elimination Final Losses (1 AFL + 2 SANFL)
19 seasons missed finals (10 AFL + 9 SANFL)
1 SANFL season out due to COVID

= 0 premierships.

Context is relevant too.

I'm pretty sure we would have been the heaviest favourite to win out of all the teams on that list.

We exist to be humiliated in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back