Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
I'm not a big thread starter, but I got a kick out of this article and I thought you guys might as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99890/default.aspx

GEELONG defender Matthew Scarlett said the Cats felt embarrassed as they left the MCG after Saturday night’s 22-point loss to Collingwood. “Tonight it was just atrocious and we’re really embarrassed,” he said in the rooms afterwards.

“[Not sure] where it came from but it just wasn’t good enough. Maybe it was a mindset thing. Every one of us was to blame. We were all terrible. We know we’re better than that.”

While he conceded the Magpies applied terrific pressure all night, he attributed the loss more to Geelong’s inability to get involved in the contest.
“It’s about us. We obviously just didn’t want to do it tonight,” he said.

Such a humble and classy guy isn't he. So respectful to his opponents, as Robert Harvey would testify.

One question Matthew: Did Collingwood do anything right at all tonight?

Anything?

I am a Matthew Scarlett fan but we don't need his approval for our performance tonight.

His performance was well down on what we have come to expect of him and I am sure he's pretty pissed off about it.

Bit offensive for him to be saying the loss was entirely their fault. Yeah they're a good team but they got outplayed comprehensively tonight, wouldn't hurt him to give a bit of credit to the opposition. You can't blame being shit for every loss unless you really think you should win every game.

Actually, make that 4. I believe St.Kilda also had their worst performance of the season against us. Some very unlucky teams this year, playing their worst against the Pies.

Against what the Pies put out there I just couldn't see how they could have played any better. Probably better that they think it was all about them and not realise that their opposition is just better than them this year which is frankly the truth.
Geelong's 2010 record isn't really that good. The round9 victory over us was there only win against a side in the top 6. Totally flattered by the softest draw and all those bonus matches at Skilled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Cats played quite well last night. Some of those passages of play were staggering. Having said that I think we were very impressive in shutting down their comeback.

A lot of people don't like to admit it, but Collingwood is going to be a serious team the next few years.

I think it is fair enough you only look at it from your own teams perspective. Their is no room for pleasantries in this game Scarletts number one priority should be working out where the cats went wrong and how they can fix it as should any collingwood player in relation to us. If the Cats were to go into a final with the mindset that they have to stop us rather then improve and play better I believe they would lose.

I thought the Cats played quite well last night. Some of those passages of play were staggering. Having said that I think we were very impressive in shutting down their comeback.

A lot of people don't like to admit it, but Collingwood is going to be a serious team the next few years.

Collingwood are already a serious challenge this year.

I'm not a big thread starter, but I got a kick out of this article and I thought you guys might as well.
Well the way that I see is that their good players played well, and that Collingwood were one man down with Ben Reid off the ground from very early in the match, and he has been very important and in good form. Collingwood thrashed Geelong in every aspect, so maybe Matthew Scarlett is a little out of touch with reality, and now their best may not be good enough any more, and that Collingwood is a lot better than he seems to think. Time will tell.

Bomber, by comparison, showed his class, and smarts, in acknowledging the Pies as the superior team last night. Hope the boys can handle the pressure. Mick is sure to keep them grounded.

Such a humble and classy guy isn't he. So respectful to his opponents, as Robert Harvey would testify.

One question Matthew: Did Collingwood do anything right at all tonight?

Anything?
If we win the flag can I suggest a Scarlett bow down to your conquer banner?

Such an arrogant *******

If we win the flag can I suggest a Scarlett bow down to your conquer banner?

Such an arrogant *******

Lol, ,we are one week into August and you're talking flags:eek:
History suggests you'll either get knocked out of the prelim by us or you'll fall at the last hurdle.;)

Lol, ,we are one week into August and you're talking flags:eek:
History suggests you'll either get knocked out of the prelim by us or you'll fall at the last hurdle.;)
And you just got your arse handed to you, but you're talking about winning a prelim.

At least he was dealing in hypotheticals, denoted by the use of the word "if".

Geelong made a few terrible mistakes, but overall I didn't think they played terrible. They were just out played by a better team on the day, and had you guys kicked straighter, we would have been beaten by a lot more.

I guess everyone has a different opinion on what playing terrible is. Matthew's opinion of playing terrible seems very black and white, where if you win contested footy and win the match you played well, but lose contested footy and lose the match (which usually goes hand in hand) then you played terrible regardless of whether it was due to being outplayed or poor skills.

You guys are certainly the form team heading into September, and you've not only improved immensely from the Prelim last year, but you've also improved immensely from Round 9. We had some underdone guys which is no excuse, and I hope it isn't a tale of things to come for us, but you guys looked sharp, quick, hard at the ball, and very well drilled making it very hard for us to get out of our defence.

Credit where it's due, because at the moment you guys deserve it. The next 8 weeks will be interesting, because without sounding like captain obvious, it will all amount to nothing if you don't back it up at the last day in september, providing you put the Colliwobbles behind you and actually make it the the GF that is..

The colliwobbles only appear in grand finals, many collingwood sides cruised finals to ultimately fail at the last dance

Going to have a dig please get everything factually correct ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

We were terrible: Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back