Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

just wear the maggies current tops.

I would assume every player has a Maggies jumper with SANFL sponsorship in the event that they get dropped to the 2s.

I have got a jumper I can borrow before Sunday.... but I will need it back of course...

Actually, there is 1000 of these. Just need to pluck out some names, go to the phone book....

Technically, this is the first time we'll ever wear the prison bars in the AFL as a genuine standard kit. Last years promotional had the names all over it, 2007 and 2003 had unique celebratory emblems - this 2014 edition is a genuine bona fide Port Adelaide alternate kit and it's our ideal choice. Should be our away jumper. We should let the club know with our many voices that we want to wear this whenever we can for away games, the white clash strip could be used 2, 3, 4 times less. We can sell the AFL and Power-emblem prison bars jumper at the club and they'll go like hotcakes just because. I know Collingwood are the sticking point there but I believe we have the capacity to win that silly battle in 2014 and beyond.

2 positives to come out of this saga for me:

1) It's been such a monumental PR embarrassment for the AFL that they'll finally have to do something about their farcical clash policy.
2) I've finally had it with 5AA and switched off for good. The tipping point was 5 minutes this morning:
  • soundgrab from tearful "Port fan distraught about not wearing the home jumper" that was almost certainly a fake caller
  • Rowe calling KT's claim of 93% of Port members having Magpies affiliation a lie, while not having the guts to say it to him live the day before. I also remember one of Trigg's final interviews where he claimed it was only a small % of disgruntled Crows fans and Rowe said nothing to challenge. Seriously, what would have a higher approval rating - PBs amongst Port fans or Trigg amongst Crows fans, LOL
  • Penberthy "won't somebody think of the children with their teal gear who will be upset by a non-teal guernsey"
Clubs need to embrace clash guernseys and might be surprised at how popular they can become. Southampton won their only FA Cup in a change strip and to this day (almost 40 years later) the club shop still sells retro kits in those colours because of the nostalgia amongst fans.
Your last point is very true, the red England soccer shirt is very popular for the dame reason, they wore it when they won,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 positives to come out of this saga for me:

1) It's been such a monumental PR embarrassment for the AFL that they'll finally have to do something about their farcical clash policy.
2) I've finally had it with 5AA and switched off for good. The tipping point was 5 minutes this morning:
  • soundgrab from tearful "Port fan distraught about not wearing the home jumper" that was almost certainly a fake caller
  • Rowe calling KT's claim of 93% of Port members having Magpies affiliation a lie, while not having the guts to say it to him live the day before. I also remember one of Trigg's final interviews where he claimed it was only a small % of disgruntled Crows fans and Rowe said nothing to challenge. Seriously, what would have a higher approval rating - PBs amongst Port fans or Trigg amongst Crows fans, LOL
  • Penberthy "won't somebody think of the children with their teal gear who will be upset by a non-teal guernsey"
Clubs need to embrace clash guernseys and might be surprised at how popular they can become. Southampton won their only FA Cup in a change strip and to this day (almost 40 years later) the club shop still sells retro kits in those colours because of the nostalgia amongst fans.
I would have hoped that many more traditional "non Port" supporters had turned to follow the Power in the last few years.
I was always a magpie but we still need outsiders just like KT and Kern .

I would have hoped that many more traditional "non Port" supporters had turned to follow the Power in the last few years.
I was always a magpie but we still need outsiders just like KT and Kern .
You'll find it's more that the new fans have no SANFL affiliation or they 'go for' the local team but wouldn't dream of ever watching them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't remember Penbo crying out for the children when the Crows were pushing hard to wear the State guernsey against Port in the first AO showdown.

As an outsider who isn't across 100% of the issues (so I know I'm speaking out of my arse) I'd ignore all the splitter talk re: thePB jumper

Prior to the one club, even I heard Port faced two issues in expanding its fanbase. Firstly those who hate the SANFL PA Magpies were never going to follow the Port Power in any decent numbers. Secondly there were a fair number of Magpie fans abstaining from the Power as it wasn't the magpies.

You were and will never appease the first mob, so why chase them? Instead, you do one club, and bring into the fold the abstainers. Job done!

Fwiw I think many of those arguing against this are just crow/non-port supporters who still want the grand vision of port being rebranded as another generic SA team. This won't work though, as anyone after that already has the crows, why would they follow "crows lite"?

Anyway, as I mentioned I know I'm coming from a position of ignorance, but I'd just ignore the Facebook chatter from non port fans

As an outsider who isn't across 100% of the issues (so I know I'm speaking out of my arse) I'd ignore all the splitter talk re: thePB jumper

Prior to the one club, even I heard Port faced two issues in expanding its fanbase. Firstly those who hate the SANFL PA Magpies were never going to follow the Port Power in any decent numbers. Secondly there were a fair number of Magpie fans abstaining from the Power as it wasn't the magpies.

You were and will never appease the first mob, so why chase them? Instead, you do one club, and bring into the fold the abstainers. Job done!

Fwiw I think many of those arguing against this are just crow/non-port supporters who still want the grand vision of port being rebranded as another generic SA team. This won't work though, as anyone after that already has the crows, why would they follow "crows lite"?

Anyway, as I mentioned I know I'm coming from a position of ignorance, but I'd just ignore the Facebook chatter from non port fans
Kids are growing up Today either following port or the crows.Some are influenced in the anti port stance by fathers and grandfathers but many more don't listen to them.

Kids are growing up Today either following port or the crows.Some are influenced in the anti port stance by fathers and grandfathers but many more don't listen to them.

The kids is a much different story, as you hinted, it's just waiting for the old farts like me to die

Just off hand does anyone know how many jumpers are being made in Fioji?
Is it just the standard 50 or so or are they making a batch to sell at the ground perhaps?

Both my kids have never ever seen a magpies game. They still know the meaning of what the PB guernsey stands for, still own a PB guernsey. Both more upbeat about this final because of the club wearing the PB. They know who Geoff Motley is and this is not from me, it is from them being interested earlier in the year when the players race was unveiled.

Anyone that supports the PAFC understands the history of the club and where we came from. There are a few trouble makers out there, I suspect many have similar positions and support the club as much as as the 5aa crows ambassadors would.

A few years ago they said we were too Port Adelaide to survive, the fact we were Port est 1870 had alienated the club. Through Haysman and KT we went FULL Port Adelaide and now have 56000 members.....

Now we are too Port Adelaide again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both my kids have never ever seen a magpies game. They still know the meaning of what the PB guernsey stands for, still own a PB guernsey. Both more upbeat about this final because of the club wearing the PB. They know who Geoff Motley is and this is not from me, it is from them being interested earlier in the year when the players race was unveiled.

Anyone that supports the PAFC understands the history of the club and where we came from. There are a few trouble makers out there, I suspect many have similar positions and support the club as much as as the 5aa crows ambassadors would.

A few years ago they said we were too Port Adelaide to survive, the fact we were Port est 1870 had alienated the club. Through Haysman and KT we went FULL Port Adelaide and now have 56000 members.....

Now we are too Port Adelaide again?
Don't think there's such a thing, unless you're referring to total domination.

Incidentally, earlier this year I saw a little kid wearing a half BiB / half PB jumper which looked pretty cool. Am assuming it was a custom job and he has the opposite one at home
I need one of these!

Would look great, maybe the club could use it in preseason comps and I'm sure they would sell a truck load.

The PB jumper is my standard match day kit, whilst my 3yo has our Black jumper.

He doesn't yet know the significance but knows that "Daddy still plays for the Power" because we have our logo on it.
However my young apprentice will be educated in all things Magpies.

He doesn't yet know the significance but knows that "Daddy still plays for the Power" because we have our logo on it.
My kids completely understand, even though they are not really into football they have no trouble understanding the difference and the history. That's why it baffles me when adults don't get it. I guess they have their own agendas.

I don't believe you Zakk, Penbo & cRowe state we only wear teal in the crowd :rolleyes:

Apologies if it has been asked before, but how many Magpies guernseys are available for sale at the Port Shop? Aren't they the same as the official guernseys, and would be ready to sew on the AFL logos?
Or I might be talking complete bulls**t because there is something I don't understand?

I wish we just entered the AFL wearing the Prison Bars and was just called Port Adelaide FC, people would have chanted out Magpies anyway. I would like us to wear the Prison Bars at least once a season just to remind the new comers, the kids and people outside of South Australia where we came from. I was born in 1983 and started going to Magpies games around 1993 so I saw the club belt everyone in the SANFL and moved to the AFL. I had a sticker on my school diary "PAFC for the AFL 97" in 1995 or 1996 I think it was. The strange thing was I remember the cheer squad members that had "PAFC for the AFL 97" flags that now support St. Kilda of all bloody clubs now, Idiots!

The strange thing was I remember the cheer squad members that had "PAFC for the AFL 97" flags that now support St. Kilda of all bloody clubs now, Idiots!

No discernible logic whatsoever.

The members vote for seeking the AFL licence was almost unanimous. 20 years down the track there's a revisionism that says there was a fissure. And drongos like this get inordinate airtime because they hail from the PAMFC cheersquad which gives their madness a superficially appealing weight.

Yeah not too far off apart from the fact that when Port first joined the AFL there was no issue with people knowing who or what the PAFC was.
The so called split came a few years later when the logistics imposed imposed by the SANFL, with regards to creating a smaller sub set in the SANFL that wasn't allowed to be helped by the bigger sub set in the AFL, came to bite.

Both halves struggled financially. But at first it was going well, the AFL team performed above expectations on and off the field, and the SANFL team won the premiership.

We then got told how to grow the pie.

No discernible logic whatsoever.

The members vote for seeking the AFL licence was almost unanimous. 20 years down the track there's a revisionism that says there was a fissure. And drongos like this get inordinate airtime because they hail from the PAMFC cheersquad which gives their madness a superficially appealing weight.

Its much better going to SANFL games this season, none of these clowns are around the place herping derping about the Power anymore.

not sure if you guys saw this yesterday (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...045695209?nk=c65ffd9c8c6bda3b88ad51d599c3ca80)

Have to admit, I completely forgot about this

Two things it tells me are (1) we definitely dont get special treatment, and (2) how ******* stupid are the AFL that they are STILL giving clubs less than a weeks notice to change jumpers???
But you were the away team then too, and your response? A bar down the side of the jumper hastily designed, one that you kept using and has now been shown to be inadequate...still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back