Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually its quite popular

at the moment votes are going 70% the yellow with black sash, 10% the white with black bordered yellow sash, and 10% the bumblebee

FWIW we won 2 VFA flags (1902 and 1905) in the bumblebee, so its even respecting our traditions
It would be one of the best jumpers in the league and almost undoubtedly the best clash, such a strong look.

You just know theyll go for some white shit though.

Yellow with black sash for mine. :thumbsu:

That bumblebee look is so ******* great man, should definitely be used IMO but the complete departure from the sash means there'd probably be too much backlash.
Using Eddie's logic Collingwood supporters would think Richmond was Geelong.

Upside is the appropriate word, I reckon half this board barred up when the announcement was made

When I started reading KT's email there was certainly a swelling of - pride ;) As I kept reading though, the euphoria was tempered by the revelation that it was only with Eddie ****ing McGuire's permission and KT paying tribute to Gilligan, blah, blah, and that we still have to wear white shorts!:thumbsdown:

clashjumper.png
I like this one because it keeps the WA SOO jumper free.

Actually its quite popular

at the moment votes are going 70% the yellow with black sash, 10% the white with black bordered yellow sash, and 10% the bumblebee

FWIW we won 2 VFA flags (1902 and 1905) in the bumblebee, so its even respecting our traditions
I think the yellow with black sash is good/the best option - like our white version of the BiB, your yellow with black sash is the opposite of your black with yellow sash so really does represent an away/clash Guernsey - in saying that I also like the bumblebee guernsey.

Personally I think they should go for the yellow guernsey with a yellow sash (where are those emoticons in the iPhone)

Personally I think they should go for the yellow guernsey with a yellow sash (where are those emoticons in the iPhone)

someone actually made that :p it was after voting started, so no idea of popularity

77314_b20470e02c14025b2979bd3ce22fa734.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the top that SA wore to Victoria that "inspired" Collingwood to adopt the Magpie? Or is that all just banter and folklore?

That was the half black and half white inter colonial SA jumper with the colonies Piping Shrike symbol on it.

Just out of interest for those that wear guernseys to games. Who's wearing a Prison Bar and who's wearing the BiB?
Prison bar, just bought a lace up for the weekend :). Also have several others :)

That bumblebee look is so ******* great man, should definitely be used IMO but the complete departure from the sash means there'd probably be too much backlash.

Yeah I love that one too but it doesn't 'feel' like Richmond.

I reckon if they wore it, it wouldn't take long for the supporter groundswell to get behind it.

Yeah I love that one too but it doesn't 'feel' like Richmond.

I reckon if they wore it, it wouldn't take long for the supporter groundswell to get behind it.
481193-luke-hodge.jpg

This doesn't feel Hawthorn either. IMO clash jumpers should be experimented with, especially in the mold of a traditional guernsey (ala that bumblebee mockup), instead of a white top with a vector animal head on it or one of those suggested white with black and yellow sash tops. Home is left unchanged and sacred, but is there anything really wrong with having a great looking clash without resulting to the trend of shit white, training top looking pieces of trash, even at the cost of straying a bit from the home jumper?

I actually think, if given some on field success in that bumblebee jumper, Tigers fans would really warm to it. Of course it would only be brought out a few times a year anyway.

Just out of interest for those that wear guernseys to games. Who's wearing a Prison Bar and who's wearing the BiB?

The heritage prisonbar w/ white on black NewEra cap.

The childhood Magpies scarf will almost certainly stay at home because scarves are a pain in the arse after awhile.

This will be clearly the best the prison bars have ever looked in the AFL.

Ironically, 2 of the 3 times we've worn it there has been a clash (both with Carlton - once we wore a black back when Carlton wore navy and more recently we wore a white back when Carlton wore white).

On Sunday we wear the white back that is familiar to most of us against the black back of Richmond. The white shorts will also look great due to Richmond's black shorts.

I'll be in my 1977 PB heritage jumper (worn v WB in 07). Go the Power.

PS If we lose, it will be tainted for lots of fans unfortunately (cue the 'guernsey blamers') and we probably won't be able to wear it again for 10+ years (or maybe just until we win a flag).

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back