Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

It just means you're putting a lot more faith in your rookie selections (which have more unknowns).Pick the wrong rookies with the Guns and Rookies strat and you're basically screwed. Pick the wrong mid priced players and you have many options.

I was just kidding Tarquin, i see you points and SD explained it well. It comes down to your ability to pick rookies/mids too.

Nah in his theory it would be:
Bartell (not Gibbs) + Garlett v Lucas + Hasleby
With Bartell depreciating and gartlett a dud rookie. But with Lucas and Haselby appreciating in price.

Agreed there's more risk in picking the right rookie. But hey sometimes you might just get lucky.

Cheers guys.

getting skank on the show was definitely one of the best decisions we've made and we hope to continue with the guest theme every few couple of rounds.

just a quick update about our technical difficulties: the monkeys/clowns down at podcast HQ (probably 1 computer and half a competent worker) keep notifying us that there have been bugs and that our account is fine.
Well it isn't and they have stuffed us around a bit. I have managed to upload the round 1 and round 2 episodes again and will proceed to upload the others again throughout the weekend.

Also, due to these issues, we decided not to do a 2nd podcast this week, however we will be back early next week with another installment.

Until then, listen to this weeks link through http://www.yourbroadband.com.au/podcastpostround5withchat.mp3 (thanks again chad)

And dont forget that dreamteamlord@gmail.com is always open for any questions/ideas you have.

Thanks for the support

And just lock in GAJ and forget about it.

quick update lads

podbean werent much help so we had to reupload the files.

the pre round 6 episode is now once again accessible from

dreamteamlord.podbean.com

the other episodes will be up by tonight.

sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the emails everyone.

Awesome work, although i took the advice of SD and got hodge in "ASAP" went Petrenko to Hodge and it didn't help too much :) Dam you SD ;) up to position 24 now.

Wonder if Cosmo is still happy with the Hill being a spud. 73,50,62,105 in the past 4. That DT ton will fatten him up (price wise) over the next 2 weeks.

haha chad

hill has proved me wrong as a dter. i knew hed be a good player, but i thought it would take time especially with his frame. with that 100 though he will be making money that i desperately need. so i admit i was slightly wrong on that one.

in regards to this weeks podcast. unfortunately footylover has been embroiled in work commitments and thus, we were unable to find a suitable time to record the podcast for this week, despite alot to talk about.

it might turn out that we revert to a fortnightly podcast schedule or could very easily be weekly - we will let you know.

sorry to all our "fans" out there, but we've enjoyed all the questions so far to our mailbox and will answer each and every one.

ps - the gary ablett decision is killing me, especially with the rest of my team not being so flash anymore but im thinking of trading him down to someone like lynden dunn from the dees

haha chad

hill has proved me wrong as a dter. i knew hed be a good player, but i thought it would take time especially with his frame. with that 100 though he will be making money that i desperately need. so i admit i was slightly wrong on that one.

in regards to this weeks podcast. unfortunately footylover has been embroiled in work commitments and thus, we were unable to find a suitable time to record the podcast for this week, despite alot to talk about.

it might turn out that we revert to a fortnightly podcast schedule or could very easily be weekly - we will let you know.

sorry to all our "fans" out there, but we've enjoyed all the questions so far to our mailbox and will answer each and every one.

ps - the gary ablett decision is killing me, especially with the rest of my team not being so flash anymore but im thinking of trading him down to someone like lynden dunn from the dees

hey Guys,
Lets hope that your back next week, I really enjoy the show.

Cheers for the update cosmo, and can understand that the doctor might have a "few hours" to work during the week :) I think Hill might be helped by palmer going down.

The advantage to going a fortnightly podcast could be that it gives you more chance to get a guest on everyshow (with the obvious disadvantage that us tragics need it weekly heh). ShankDanker was awesome, and I am sure FL18 knows 30 odd other guys that would be pretty good to tap into ;) Would be nice to hear "the other side of the coin" and have someone discuss the points to the premium/gun strategy.

The gablett decision could be a season defining one, seems most of the people i come across are split both ways (trade or hold). Leaning towards hold at the moment.

Cheers for the update cosmo, and can understand that the doctor might have a "few hours" to work during the week :) I think Hill might be helped by palmer going down.

The advantage to going a fortnightly podcast could be that it gives you more chance to get a guest on everyshow (with the obvious disadvantage that us tragics need it weekly heh). ShankDanker was awesome, and I am sure FL18 knows 30 odd other guys that would be pretty good to tap into ;) Would be nice to hear "the other side of the coin" and have someone discuss the points to the premium/gun strategy.

The gablett decision could be a season defining one, seems most of the people i come across are split both ways (trade or hold). Leaning towards hold at the moment.

definetely palmer has been a factor. as is the fact that freo dont have very many good midfielders and hill would be one of, if not the classiest. plus hes found his feet abit quicker than i expected and props to the youngun. still hell only make a bit more than suban will of made.

we are definetely looking to get more guests upon the show, even ones you would never expect ;) and any more topics to talk bout would be appreciated.

now im not trading gablett to dunn but murphy as you have alluded to is tempting.

I reckon a good "Rant of the Week" would be a big (f u) very very much to the so called durable premiums. I took a couple of "injury risk" players like Chad Cornes and Goddard and thought i need to balance it with some reliable and durable players.

I thought Bock would be a safe,reliable and durable defender, 7 weeks in he has assaulted his girlfriend and strained a hammy.

I took Brent Harvey over Steve Johnson because he has played at least 21 games in the past 6 years. Down with elbow.

And to top it off Kane Cornes. Top 6 midfielder for the past 5 years, and played 130 games in a row. Down with shoulder.

At the end of the day, you can try and pick the durable players but it doesn't mean squat. You still need a good roll of the dice.

been an absolutely barry crocker of a round hasn't it (last 2 rounds actually)
injuries, injuries, injuries

this weeks podcast will be coming out thursday - until then just pray for positive injury reports for your affected dreamteam players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you guys say there would be a podcast up this Thursday? I haven't seen a sign of one yet, is there one coming tonight before the game?

Yer boys I don't mind if your busy in everyday lives at the moment, but if Cosmo says a podcast is coming Thursday, then fans expect one. Not even a hint as to why this didn't occur, would be good to hear your version of the story. Poor form I'd have to say boys.

Hey Boys,

DreamTeam is obviously not ruining your life anymore. Unless you guys are on a serious bender from depression directly related to premium injuries. Quality shows before, it was about time someone had some humor in a podcast. Hope you guys can get some consistentsy soon cause I can't imagine youve run out of ideas.

by the way, travis tuck is ruining my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back