Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 4)

hey folks,

due to technical difficulties the podcast won't be broadcast this week. be sure to check back next week though as we'll no doubt have plenty to talk about. may even get a guest on if possible.

D'oh. Was looking forward to it. The fun of podcasting! Best of luck for next week!
For those still looking for a fix, can I suggest the FootyTragic guys youtube video?

Keep up the good work.

treat for you all this week. stay tuned........

We have Skankdanker on the show this week. Some pretty in depth discussion about strategy. Have just finished recording it, will be up some time in the next 24hrs. I'll post once it's up.

Uh-huh... so what's the treat?:D

Joking Skank, I look forward to hearing how you manage to beat us all every year without starting a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds great guys, plenty of questions that will separate the men from the boys with the trades this week (and unfortunaly i was a boy last week picking franklin over the voldt :( ). Can't wait for the podcast.

We have Skankdanker on the show this week. Some pretty in depth discussion about strategy. Have just finished recording it, will be up some time in the next 24hrs. I'll post once it's up.

"and then i jizzed in my pants"

Cheers FL. Time to listen to the great Skanks words of wisdom and his sexy (hopefully) voice. :thumbsu: :)

Edit: Absolute pure gold this week guys, great job. Skank should become a regular, every word the man says should be taken as gospel. I had a slight grasp of your concept Skank but now I finally fully understand the genius behind it and why it works so well, it has so much merit.

Ps: I wasn't let down by the voice expectations ;) :p

Fantastic listen (makes up for the disapointment of none last week ;) and hopefully the real Dr Dream Team can get the normal podcast up later this week :)

Would have been nice to find out from SD how many trades he had left, would have been interesting to see if he has been "aggressive early" or "waiting for value to present" :)

Fantastic show gentleman - a great combination of serious/comical from both presenters. A must listen podcast each week I'd say.

In regards to sound, I haven't experienced any difficulties however to ensure that it sounds perfect (or as perfect as it can be) just click add to Itunes ont he right hand side of the website. Then I get it each week on da Itunes and da IPOD.

Or even better, when i downloaded the podcast the sound quality was impeccable.

Great show! Stradegy is a very interesting one and how could you argue with it with him being 40th in the world and the off field position he is in!

I think one of the great points is being able to watch lots of games definitely helps! I feel like I have made some good calls on Hawks players and that is because I see them week in week out.

Great show guys. Sound was fine on the podcast!

Fantastic listen (makes up for the disapointment of none last week ;) and hopefully the real Dr Dream Team can get the normal podcast up later this week :)

Would have been nice to find out from SD how many trades he had left, would have been interesting to see if he has been "aggressive early" or "waiting for value to present" :)

All you need to do is ask Chad :). And I am glad you enjoyed it, the guys were great to work with very professional. What they do is not easy.

I have been relatively aggressive this year and have used 5 trades. I wanted to get my backline into decent shape to avoid the Suban/Hill/Petrenko style situation which wasn't too difficult as I didn't start any of them. Arguably I have wasted a trade as well, even though I am pretty comfortable with how it has worked out.

I intend to maybe use 1 - 2 trades this week then try to get by for a few weeks or so and let player prices bottom/peak. In a few weeks is when the "uniques" will come out of the woodwork which could decide the year for many coaches.

Value will present soon because even if guns have got off to flyers they need to improve their average or face a fall. I also have a few risks in my side but intend to get cover for them so if they happen to go down I don't need to trade.

Feel free to ask any questions or challenge my strategy.

Molly being able to watch games is extremely important. I have been known to fake many an injury to ensure I get to remain stationary on the couch to see a team play that has a prospect in it! All in the name of research...

Molly being able to watch games is extremely important. I have been known to fake many an injury to ensure I get to remain stationary on the couch to see a team play that has a prospect in it! All in the name of research...

I notice that you used the two rookie Ruckman. Is your opinion (as mine is) that there is little value in bench rucks?

All you need to do is ask Chad :). And I am glad you enjoyed it, the guys were great to work with very professional. What they do is not easy.

Thanks for answering that question SD, you do have a very nice side and the cash in your bank you are in another strong position. One more question, could you show us your initial side? Be interesting to see what mid pricers you backed (and which ones you deemed not worthy).

Value will present soon because even if guns have got off to flyers they need to improve their average or face a fall. I also have a few risks in my side but intend to get cover for them so if they happen to go down I don't need to trade.

Personally i see a heap of value in the forwards at the moment. In a couple of weeks didak could be at the 340k mark, Richo might be down to 370k and Stevie J possibly 387k just to name a few.

The biggest challenge i have is WHERE WAS THIS 7 WEEKS AGO ;) hehe. Clearly you have a proven strategy and more importantly the ability to stick to the strategy. My challenge would be that whilst this works brilliantly for you, I am sure there are some out there that a different strategy suits. There isn't a one size fits all IMHO.

I agree watching them helps, but even more important is being able to read what is actually happening. Why is Krakouer scoring well (lose man in backline, no one is manning him up (YET)), why is Gia's scoring down (form drop by the team?, less midfield time?) etc

Thanks for answering that question SD, you do have a very nice side and the cash in your bank you are in another strong position. One more question, could you show us your initial side? Be interesting to see what mid pricers you backed (and which ones you deemed not worthy).

Personally i see a heap of value in the forwards at the moment. In a couple of weeks didak could be at the 340k mark, Richo might be down to 370k just to name a couple.

The biggest challenge i have is WHERE WAS THIS 7 WEEKS AGO ;) hehe. Clearly you have a proven strategy and more importantly the ability to stick to the strategy. My challenge would be that whilst this works brilliantly for you, I am sure there are some out there that a different strategy suits. There isn't a one size fits all IMHO.

I agree watching them helps, but even more important is being able to read what is actually happening. Why is Krakouer scoring well (lose man in backline, no one is manning him up (YET)), why is Gia's scoring down (form drop by the team?, less midfield time?) etc

Sure I'll post up my side a little later. I didn't get as many smokies in as there was a lot of value around.

Agree about the value in the forwards, however most I have my eye on might have a little way to fall yet. Question is how much do you care - if the breakeven is 150 and they score 125 have you done the right thing waiting? Maybe not, this is the trading challenge in terms of timing.

As you say everyone is different and with my strategy not many like it - I was around here 7 weeks ago, posting bits and pieces, but after a big pre-season of discussion I actually took the week before lock-out as an unoffical holiday so I could set my team with only my thoughts. To be honest I was surprised at how many other teams shared the same players, maybe there were a lot of obvious bargains this year.

And being able to read a role is as you say very important. It does change week to week, so someone like Drummond will have the odd down week, and other weeks will be a loose man. When guys like this score poorly is when you have to decide whether you like players that yo-yo a bit or would prefer the consisetency of some of the other choices. Also depends on whether you want the league, eliminator or outright win.

In response to Molly I regard the 4th ruck spot as the kind of place where you can put someone who you have never heard of as long as they are 75K. Prefer someone who is playing, but yeah I don't value those positions anywhere near as much as the mid bench. One day it will probably bite me. And a lot of others!

Remove this Banner Ad

Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back