Feedback Welcome Back! Post your issues and errors here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is saying that I can't post cos I hve insufficient privileges................

now i am really untehy...so please guide me through what I have to do

From now on I answer no questions that are covered in the "What we're working on..." thread. :thumbsu:

Could you add the link to it back in to a notice up top then?

How's that?

Where previously you had a notice at the top of the site linking to this thread and the 'what we're working on' thread, that has now been removed and is just showing the 'tipping is back' notice.

Especially with the search function disabled I think it makes sense to have a link somewhere prominent to a synopsis of the outstanding issues and your response to them (not just what you're currently working on either). It is unreasonable to expect people to read 38 pages of this thread to find an answer to their common question...that is if they've managed to find the thread in the first place.

Chief, I have a cosmetic suggestion for much later...

When you go to a board, that area where the board's title and description is displayed....that's a good sized area that looks kinda plain, and looks big enough that it could have its own graphics banner under there as a background. Just throwing the thought out there perhaps each board could have their own thin little banner there. Would obviously ensure the coloring is bigfooty themed site-wide, maybe a BF logo always there, but the rest of it would be faded out a bit so the text stays prominent but with a bit of stylized abstract swirls etc. Could look snazzy, like education board with a slither of a picture of a blackboard, the nfl board a slither of a picture of a field with two players colliding, the technology board with a slither of a picture of a keyboard, etc. I'll do a very quick example to illustrate....brb

Where previously you had a notice at the top of the site linking to this thread and the 'what we're working on' thread, that has now been removed and is just showing the 'tipping is back' notice.

Especially with the search function disabled I think it makes sense to have a link somewhere prominent to a synopsis of the outstanding issues and your response to them (not just what you're currently working on either). It is unreasonable to expect people to read 38 pages of this thread to find an answer to their common question...that is if they've managed to find the thread in the first place.

That's what I was getting at with the colour thing. There are things in this thread not in the known issues list.

Why does it seem to take forever to load about half the thread / forum pages or just not load at all. Never had a problem before. Other websites are fine, just the new BF.

Why does it seem to take forever to load about half the thread / forum pages or just not load at all. Never had a problem before. Other websites are fine, just the new BF.

Which browser/platform are you using?

Is it the same threads that always load slowly, or is it sporadic/random?

At the top of the page.

In big letters.

Problems with the new site?

EDIT: Now in RED!

I am getting issues with anything Google at the moment. I will turn off the ad exchange code and see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I was getting at with the colour thing. There are things in this thread not in the known issues list.
I can't see any - apart from this last Google issue we've discovered.

Chief, I have a cosmetic suggestion for much later...

When you go to a board, that area where the board's title and description is displayed....that's a good sized area that looks kinda plain, and looks big enough that it could have its own graphics banner under there as a background. Just throwing the thought out there perhaps each board could have their own thin little banner there. Would obviously ensure the coloring is bigfooty themed site-wide, maybe a BF logo always there, but the rest of it would be faded out a bit so the text stays prominent but with a bit of stylized abstract swirls etc. Could look snazzy, like education board with a slither of a picture of a blackboard, the nfl board a slither of a picture of a field with two players colliding, the technology board with a slither of a picture of a keyboard, etc. I'll do a very quick example to illustrate....brb
I don't want to cram in clutter just because there is space.

Space is good.

Space gives the eyes a place to focus.

Any ETA on the new skin? I find it strange that that wasn't worked on before the update, for a more seamless transition. Now users are becoming accustomed to this skin, and will change again shortly.

Chief I'm using IE & I have the problem with the loading too as noted above. Yet to try it on Chrome.

When I use my iPad that goes through Safari and I have that problem as well. Ditto iPhone.

Chief I'm using IE & I have the problem with the loading too as noted above. Yet to try it on Chrome.

When I use my iPad that goes through Safari and I have that problem as well. Ditto iPhone.
It's an issue, I believe, with the Google ads, not browser-specific at all.

I have turned those ads off and I haven't had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back