Which hairstyle group should Bailey Smith join ahead of season 2025

• The headband aficionados

• The mullet crew

• The short back & sides crew...ie; "regular" style

• The Ablett-Chappy next gen bald head brigade

• Other... Post with your suggestion if selecting this option

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't believe those with rose-coloured glasses, men in their 20s have been pr0n-obsessed horndogs since day dot and the difference is that you no longer have to pretend to be interested in Country Living magazine before accidentally procuring something with a plastic seal.

Back in the day before bigfooty I used to buy the Herald Sun and hide it between Playboy and Hustler. I only bought it for the footy coverage, I swear.

Eh, Zombie was written by an Irishwoman 70 years after the fact and still slays.

Silverchair was still a great band. Gotta just enjoy the music for what it was. It's a shame the guys couldn't keep it together as a whole band for another album or two, though.
The Irish War of Independence was indeed something that happened 70 years prior to the release of Zombie. However, Zombie was written about a specific incident that happened in 1993 during The Troubles in Northern Ireland.

Eh, Zombie was written by an Irishwoman 70 years after the fact and still slays.

Silverchair was still a great band. Gotta just enjoy the music for what it was. It's a shame the guys couldn't keep it together as a whole band for another album or two, though.
Not sure about your reference of “70 years after the fact”.

The Cranberries’, ‘Zombie’: Delores O’Riordan decided to write a song that reflected upon the event + the two children's deaths after visiting the town, where two IRA IEDs, hidden in litter bins, were detonated in a shopping street in Warrington, England on 30 March 1993.

It became an Irish footy anthem, first for the teams from the Cranberries' hometown of Limerick + later for the Ireland national rugby union team starting in the 2023 Rugby World Cup.

Still absolutely slays!

More embarrassment at who I was while listening to silverchair. Also, read the lyrics to pure massacre and stop to consider it was written by a white English speaking middle class kid with no experience of conflict.

Anyway, should probably end the thread derailment

People can write about things they haven't personally experienced, song came out in early 1995, between Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, and Chechnya, any one of them could have been on their mind.

While people are more connected to events now more then ever before (at a pace where we're leaping from one shattering event, that gets lost in the next) It is a process that has been building for sometime.

The Irish War of Independence was indeed something that happened 70 years prior to the release of Zombie. However, Zombie was written about a specific incident that happened in 1993 during The Troubles in Northern Ireland.

Not sure about your reference of “70 years after the fact”.

The Cranberries’, ‘Zombie’: Delores O’Riordan decided to write a song that reflected upon the event + the two children's deaths after visiting the town, where two IRA IEDs, hidden in litter bins, were detonated in a shopping street in Warrington, England on 30 March 1993.

It became an Irish footy anthem, first for the teams from the Cranberries' hometown of Limerick + later for the Ireland national rugby union team starting in the 2023 Rugby World Cup.

Still absolutely slays!
Ah - I screwed up. I always thought it was about shellshock in WW1.

Maybe I'm confusing it with PJ Harvey's Words That Maketh Murder, which absolutely IS about that.

People can write about things they haven't personally experienced, song came out in early 1995, between Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, and Chechnya, any one of them could have been on their mind.
The defining Australian songs about Vietnam were Khe Sanh and I Was Only 19, both written by people who'd never experienced war.

While people are more connected to events now more then ever before (at a pace where we're leaping from one shattering event, that gets lost in the next) It is a process that has been building for sometime.
Indeed. Macklemore has multiple songs regarding the current events in Gaza. Hind's Hall, decrying many aspects of the conflict, but specifically the death of five-year-old Palestinian girl, Hind Rajab.

Is this a Bailey smith thread or music thread, I can’t keep up

Is this a Bailey smith thread or music thread, I can’t keep up

We've moved from what hairstyle Bailey should rock up to day 1 of preseason training with, to starting to compile a mixtape play list for him to listen to while training

Well, at least that's what I'm assuming the music chat is about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Back