• The headband aficionados

• The mullet crew

• The short back & sides crew...ie; "regular" style

• The Ablett-Chappy next gen bald head brigade

• Other... Post with your suggestion if selecting this option

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

"It's difficult to see Smith ever becoming an elite clearance midfielder."

That's an incredibly dumb statement. In 2022 as a 21 year old with limited midfield minutes he was 85th in the league for clearances per game. There's no reason he can't be a top 30 clearance player in the league.

Have you watched him much?

He's not going to be a clearance bull replacement for Danger was the gist of the article.

And I agree.

He was played in the midfield in 2022, was 2023 where they played him out of position thus his form dropped.

Have you watched him much?

He's not going to be a clearance bull replacement for Danger was the gist of the article.

And I agree.

He was played in the midfield in 2022, was 2023 where they played him out of position thus his form dropped.

Yes I have watched him a lot. Young players with explosive acceleration tend to start mainly on the outside and mature into inside players.

You know who also only averaged 4 clearances per game in their 4th season and therefore by this logic would never become an elite clearance player?

Patrick Dangerfield.

Yes I have watched him a lot. Young players with explosive acceleration tend to start mainly on the outside and mature into inside players.

You know who also only averaged 4 clearances per game in their 4th season and therefore by this logic would never become an elite clearance player?

Patrick Dangerfield.

Was Danger as small as Baz?

I'm not disputing he won't do xyz, who knows, but from what I've seen he's not jumping head first into contests in the thick of it.

I think Smith will be an Inside/Outside type... He will give us positional flexibility much like Holmes does. I wouldn't mind if we have Dempsey back as a high half forward...

Was Danger as small as Baz?

I'm not disputing he won't do xyz, who knows, but from what I've seen he's not jumping head first into contests in the thick of it.

Baz is not small.

I don't think we'll use Smith as an inside battering ram. I don't think we particularly need him for that.

But saying a guy that was pretty good at clearance as a 21 year old can't become elite is bizarre. It's especially bizarre when you're saying he can't replace a guy who was just as much pretty good but not elite at the same age.

Players improve and mature. And quick explosive types going from outside to inside is a very standard move.

Patrick Dangerfield.

Thats all well and good , but he has played i think 103 games for Footscray , but his best finish in their Best and Fairest is only 7th . why is that ???

Gary Dempsey their champion ruckman back in the day , i think he won 6 Best and Fairest awards and a Brownlow , but i dont think he ever said arrogantly , oh look ive outgrown the club .

The recruitment of Smith , he could be an ok player for Geel , but the recruitment has also got the other side to it , where a major sponsor of Geel , who have a legit 3rd party contract with pretty boy Smith , trailblazing their products etc , so its all good that he has ended up in the Blue and White hoops

I wanted Oliver a proven top line player with B/Fs , back to back coaches association award , where as Smith after 100 games has got 2 - 7ths in the Dogs B/Fairest to his name , but lets not let the facts get in the way of the hype

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Back