List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid has most of Perth at his fingertips. He might not necessarily be better than Judd, but he could well end up being bigger than Juddy who had popular guys like Cuz and Cox around him. He's his own show right now.
Sign up Yasmin and they can be the King & Queen of Perth. I have every confidence that the club will leave no stone unturned in their effort to keep him an Eagle for Life. Get Daisy to work on her and show her there are better opportunities here than in Carlton's team.
In a poor year our average attendance was up by 4,000 per game, the majority would have been people wanting to see
Harley play. Build a half decent team around him and that figure could quadruple.

Sign up Yasmin and they can be the King & Queen of Perth. I have every confidence that the club will leave no stone unturned in their effort to keep him an Eagle for Life. Get Daisy to work on her and show her there are better opportunities here than in Carlton's team.
In a poor year our average attendance was up by 4,000 per game, the majority would have been people wanting to see
Harley play. Build a half decent team around him and that figure could quadruple.
ya gunna need a bigger stadium...

Ella is the Queen of Perth

They should dig out the plans they've got to increase the stadium to 70,000
Neither team can fill it as it is?

Even during our premiership year, our two home finals didn't quite fill it. There's only been 2 sporting events that have passed 60k in the stadiums existence, and neither of them involved West Coast or Fremantle.

Neither team can fill it as it is?

Even during our premiership year, our two home finals didn't quite fill it. There's only been 2 sporting events that have passed 60k in the stadiums existence, and neither of them involved West Coast or Fremantle.
Sure, but one was a grand final, and the other was a rectangular sport that gains nearly 4000 more seats of availability, yet only beat out our prelim by a couple thousand.

In addition to that, no stadium ever fills to capacity - people get sick, crash the car on the way...things come up. There's always going to be a percentage that can't make it. The more important the game, the smaller the percentage, but in a fully seated stadium, you will never reach total capacity.

Now...if you wanted to argue average attendance of Eagles and Dockers games, both were well under 50k, the Scorchers under 40k. So that would suggest we're okay.

Although...by the same token, the average attendance across all sporting events at the MCG the year is sitting at just under 60k, so a bit less than 60%, so we're actually over subscribed by that metric...and now I've completely lost the track of any possible point I was trying to make, so I'ma stop now...

Sure, but one was a grand final, and the other was a rectangular sport that gains nearly 4000 more seats of availability, yet only beat out our prelim by a couple thousand.

In addition to that, no stadium ever fills to capacity - people get sick, crash the car on the way...things come up. There's always going to be a percentage that can't make it. The more important the game, the smaller the percentage, but in a fully seated stadium, you will never reach total capacity.

Now...if you wanted to argue average attendance of Eagles and Dockers games, both were well under 50k, the Scorchers under 40k. So that would suggest we're okay.

Although...by the same token, the average attendance across all sporting events at the MCG the year is sitting at just under 60k, so a bit less than 60%, so we're actually over subscribed by that metric...and now I've completely lost the track of any possible point I was trying to make, so I'ma stop now...
The 2022 and 2023 AFL Grand Finals both reached the MCG's official capacity of 100,024 (apparently)

As for the rest of your post, that's the exact point I'm making. None of the major tenants of Optus Stadium are filling the place up enough to warrant an expansion, would be a massive waste of tax payer $$$.

The 2022 and 2023 AFL Grand Finals both reached the MCG's official capacity of 100,024 (apparently)

As for the rest of your post, that's the exact point I'm making. None of the major tenants of Optus Stadium are filling the place up enough to warrant an expansion, would be a massive waste of tax payer $$$.
Yeah, but stadiums are never a "good" use of taxpayer funds, so by that logic you'll never build/upgrade one. Might as well just have stayed in a rotting Subi oval. Sure as shit is great to have a nice one though.

And the MCG has some weird queue system where MCC members who didn't get in on the seat ballot can wait around outside and take free seats that aren't claimed by a certain time for the grand final, so that doesn't count 😝

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back