List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

I always felt that your rise was on the back of Hardwick using Dusty as a cheat code to just do whatever he wanted rather than trying to play him as a normal midfielder

Now that might be me oversimplifying it but I always thought Dusty was allowed to play with more freedom post 2016

If McQualter, with the assistance of Graham, can find a similar solution with Harley I think we’ll be better for it. And I think Harley will enjoy that freedom too
It may have been his entire coaching pitch.

He's an upgrade on Sheed.

We're getting rid of Sheed, right?

Right?

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, Sheed's foot issue might mean 2025 is his last year

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, Sheed's foot issue might mean 2025 is his last year

There's no scuttlebutt here.... blind Freddy can see that he's cooked. The only reason he hasn't been delisted is because he has a contract for 2025. The real question is whether we are willing to pull the trigger early.

There's no scuttlebutt here.... blind Freddy can see that he's cooked. The only reason he hasn't been delisted is because he has a contract for 2025. The real question is whether we are willing to pull the trigger early.

Might have to see what happens after the trade period with contracts. Getting Barrass/Darling off the books and bringing Baker (likely) and Graham

Plus the delistings

See how the cap is shaping up after all that and if we can afford to pay him out as part of next years cap

Chat with Maclure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speaks well

Interesting that he said he tried coming back too soon from injury this year which meant he broke down a bit. Same problem some of our players had over 2022-23 which we seemed to have rectified a bit this year

Calling it now; JG is our new Clutchings.

In that interview, he was asked about keeping his #34 which he pointed out is taken (by Jack Williams)

Give 17 to JWill and let new Jack take the #34 once worn by Hutch

I know he is a defensive mid and etc but I wonder if Jack can be utilised as a bull too. Harley need’s support and young and Yeo stood up well in the first half but so much was left for him that he wasn’t as influential in the back end of the year.
Harley is protecting the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping we’d land him since it was first reported and even more glad we did after hearing Grimes interview.

He will never make the headlines and may only average 13 touches a game for us but if his presence and selflessness leads to guys like Harley to maximise their potential then that would be a massive win.

Wonder what the 2nd half of the Saints game would have looked like if Graham was in the team.

I'd been fluctuating but have ultimately come around to this one.

Seems like a top bloke, very experienced in finals, will play an important role in creating space for Harley and co to do their thing. And let's be frank, we need senior players setting standards in terms of work ethic and tackling. Plus he's come for free, can't get much better for that.

Also happy to have a familiar face to help Mini settle into the role.

Welcome Fridge! You're one of us now.

Congratulations guys you have a true team player that will die for the club

Not the most talented and usually injured but he is a good influence around the club

Have noticed people call him slow , He is actually pretty fast

Just takes him along time to get to top speed and very slow only over the 1st 5-10 mtrs but when going his top end is high

Oh and runs around all day and gets a very acceptable 16-18 possessions

Go Well Jack and the entire Richmond community are happy for you and you made the right choice

He has good Disposal Efficiency too...throughout his career up to this point he has gone at 73.1%

I really don’t get how these players can just up and leave after the opportunity the club has given them. I feel Jack just wants to go West on a whim.

I'd been fluctuating but have ultimately come around to this one.

This isn't aimed at you, but everyone should be getting around him now.

He's one of us and we should all be supporting him and be excited about what he brings to the club. I know I am.

This seems like the same situation when simmo first started and xavier Ellis came in .

Having players to help teach the new game plan is vital .

We need on field leadership and coaching especially in the first pre season and season proper .

Sounds like the game plan will be very different to what the boys have been using .

Will be interesting to see which players suit it and who doesn't. May be a few careers revived or put to sleep
In the NBA these are what is known as "glue guys".

They do the little things like set screens, box out, or just provide a body to take hits in the paint. Especially important with young teams because it's like having an extra coach on the floor or bench as well. Help keep the discipline and impart skills to the young guys.

It's why PJ Tucker kept getting contracts, or why you have an old head vet like Udonis Haslem on the bench. Or why Boston didn't bounce Al Horford. Having glue guys who know their roles, the gameplan and are unselfish is a boost to any team.

I really don’t get how these players can just up and leave after the opportunity the club has given them. I feel Jack just wants to go West on a whim.
Because they are not supporters and Have families and cant hang around to play their last years in shit sides and take the easy way out
.................... Theres the door

Because they are not supporters and Have families and cant hang around to play their last years in shit sides and take the easy way out

Why are you here?

Excellent pickup imho. Our forward pressure has been pissweak at best for the last few years, and an experienced player who can stick a tackle and set an example for the kids is a great score as a free agent.

Funny you should say that

And since you know where it is I don’t even need to provide directions

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back