List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker is a great pickup for the team and I welcome wish him all the best.

To our recruiting department, you're a bunch of Muppets with the price you have paid for an uncontracted player.

Baker is the type of player you bring in when you're a serious contender, not when you're rebuilding and looking for 250 game top end talents.

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

I'm sure he'll be a good solid player but he will always have the stain of the loss of pick 3 on him when we are watching guys like FOS and Draper running around winning Brownlows while Baker gets 12 possessions from the HFF as a 30 year old in a mid table side.
Can we agree which player we were taking at 3 so we don’t melt about anything that every single player from 3-11 do?

Like if it’s Draper and Draper’s a star, we get to melt, but if he’s a bust we get to say bullet dodged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No real Richmond fan will be happy that baker is gone

He is a heart and soul player , tough little bastard , glue guy The kinda guy Harley Reid will become mates with .

He is very underrated in this board , very very skillful goal kicker versatile gun .

You will love him and you will forget what you paid for him , what is for sure is that he really really wanted to play for the eagles that is a guarantee . He knocked back more money to go to you

Look after him 👍

Congratulation you blokes are going to love Bake's for the next 6 years

Not sure why this trade happened the way it did as i always thought #10 + Baker for #3 would have been the best result and could have gotten Owies as a DFA but it is what it is.

Good Luck for the rest of the trade period
trade picks are just a number and nothing to say #12 wont become as good a player as pick #3 would have been once in the system.

This is about as flat as I could feel about a player coming in. Really didn't want him for any proposed cost, but particularly not what we ended up paying for him. Hopefully he's worth it, but he's going to have to play some AA-quality football for a couple of years to justify his inclusion now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Can we agree which player we were taking at 3 so we don’t melt about anything that every single player from 3-11 do?

Like if it’s Draper and Draper’s a star, we get to melt, but if he’s a bust we get to say bullet dodged.

That's not how it works

You get to cherry pick the best player in hindsight

I do love how Badge goes into full distract and dismiss mode whenever the club takes a massive shit in it's own nest.
No, we got a good player but paid a price that could genuinely set the rebuild back in the order of half a decade. There’s no sugar coating it. Awful deal, bed status = shat.

Just can’t be bothered with a decade of melts about every single draft prospect we passed up, given we can’t draft all of them even if we had 3, or the melts we’ve seen with Sheezel who was never weaning himself off mum’s tit to leave the state. And also don’t want to see people bagging Baker like he did the deal himself.

What a disastrous trade. Nothing wrong about Liam but for pick 14, I expected a genuine star. Not an out of contract undersized jack of all trades but master of nothing role player.

The club has to seriously consider whether Matty Clarke is up to the challenge. Based on this trade, Clarke is going to ensure that the club have early picks for many years to come.

Last edited:
And also don’t want to see people bagging Baker like he did the deal himself.
Agree it's pointless bagging him, but that weird public statement he made of wanting to make sure Richmond got a good deal sours him greatly to me... like, just let the clubs sort it out, and maybe hope your new club gets the better deal?

Can't remember a time I was this soured on an incoming player. And I didn't mind the Kelly trade, given he was actually a gun at Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back