Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Ramsden (11 disposals, eight hit-outs, four score involvements, three marks, three tackles)

“Unfortunately, he tweaked his ankle just before quarter-time. We were able to get some minutes out of him in the second quarter, but ultimately, we felt at half-time the right thing to do was to wrap him up and just put him on ice. But he started the game really well and he's looking really damaging again. Unfortunately, injuries happen in the game of footy and hopefully, it's nothing too sinister, and we'll see him back post-bye and back in the form we saw from him pre-bye."

Methinks he's a better ruck than he's made out to be, particularly w a bit more size & experience.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I listened to that Hale interview this week and he says Ramsden is approaching 100kg now. Considering he seemed quite slender at the start I thought that's a decent increase and must inevitably improve his ruckwork.

Would be very useful if the AFL bring in 5 on the interchange bench in the coming years and scrap the 'sub'. We would be pretty potent if we could play a guy like Ramsden as a mobile ruck/hybrid forward who just continues to quietly improve and develop.

With concussion 🤕 and the new requirements I feel the bench should be increased to 6 and list sizes need to increase as well.

Would be very useful if the AFL bring in 5 on the interchange bench in the coming years and scrap the 'sub'. We would be pretty potent if we could play a guy like Ramsden as a mobile ruck/hybrid forward who just continues to quietly improve and develop.
Rucks dont grow on trees, especially good ones that are versatile. His improvement has me worried other clubs will come after him at some stage.

I keep hearing this. Surely if the sub is scrapped, we go back to 4 on bench?
It’s a bit of a joke if 5 is retained, watch after a couple of years calls for a 6th player as sub for ‘concussion etc’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks dont grow on trees, especially good ones that are versatile. His improvement has me worried other clubs will come after him at some stage.
We have Meek settled for 9 games as our current #1. Reeves adjusting to life as back up but no guarantee either Meek or Reeves will become the next Gawn or Darcy.

Ramsden has been in the AFL system for only 2 years. We will retain him as the opportunities may well arise in the next 12-24 months.

Theirs a big curve coming for the young man, just be patient

Have been waiting to see when the Ramsden express start to pull away from the station.

The signs have been there when he's played.

Nightmare for other teams if he comes good on ball with meek.

We are a contender with resting rucks who can run, mark and kick goals, link up in the middle and win the hitouts.

David Hale the man to make it happen too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back