Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest positive of Day going down was extra minutes for MacKenzie and looked pretty good. Another pre-season, strength work, and working on building on his acceleration (which is a strength), should see him as a weapon in our midfield rotation. Extremely classy by hand and foot, which is a bit of a pain for the opposition who have the bash and crash of Newk, Worps, Nash, Day to worry about already.

Looks like belongs in the rotations. Not just there for experience any more. Likely to build his core strength and tank but already able to contribute. Great future, given his composure and ball handling skills.

Another year in the gym will do him wonders too.

He threw himself into every contest yesterday but there were a couple of times when opposition players were able to walk through his tackles.

Another preseason will fix that up. He's going to be a star!

100%.

There was one centre bounce where he bounced off the chest of LDU. Got absolutely put on his arse when he tried to tackle.

Add a couple more kgs and some extra miles in the legs and he will go a long way.

I've said it before, but with ball in hand he looks so much like his own coach back in his own playing days

Seems to have that rare trait like Mitchell and Pendlebury before him of looking like they have double the amount of time than anyone else out there

Has always had exceptional skills and he's now starting to do a bit more of the contested stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

This is some bloody bad luck. Sammy was starting to walk into tackles and not even get bothered by them.

When a guy whose disposal is as clean as his starts doing that sort of thing, you can't help but dream of another Darren Jarman.

Feel shattered for him and the team.

Now it's Ward's chance to shine. He has the talent, he has the skill. But is his belief arriving on the next train to the G, or is it coming further down the road?

Another layer of intrigue – but we need it to happen now.

As rough as the injury is for Cam, I think he's one player we can rapidly replace. Hoping he's back healthy soon and has a chance to challenge for spot in the side as we go deeper into finals.

I'm paying just under $700 to go to Adelaide, and I can't even watch my favourite player.
Thank gosh we have Ward, but I'm feeling Comfortably Numb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back