Certified Legendary Thread Welcome Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Times are tough. With the soft cap clubs are constantly looking at ways to save a buck. I have it on good authority from a mate who works at the airport that these 2 arseclowns were sent together to greet Taranto and Hopper welcoming them to Victoria. One look at these suspect characters and they both agreed fu@k it lets ditch em at the kids playground when they're distracted & go to Punt Rd instead.

images - 2022-09-08T223349.250.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel like we are selling our soul for these two players.

Selling our soul would be trading out one of our loved players to get it done, I can’t see that happening. Contested tackling clearance bulls are what we need, think we should be more than happy that they both want to come to us.

With Shedda, Caddy and Lambert gone we’ll have extra cap space. Plus Riewoldt and Cotchin are on smaller deals than previously and Dusty’s deal is done in 2 years. They can easily spread their contracts over 7 years. Yes we’ll have to give up some draft picks to get them but these are ready made elite inside mids coming into their primes. Our midfield will be strong for the next 5 years with these two

If we can pull this off…And I’m a bit nervous how, with Hopper with a year to run…And GW wanting two-ish for Taranto alone…Two contested beasts in their mid-twenties…Get it done Kingsley…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. When you think about it we went to the draft last year with 5 picks in the top 30. It's good recruiting IMO. I don't think it's good to have too many young players. The 5 from the draft last year all look like players capable of AFL careers so adding 2 proven mids in their mid 20s puts us back in premiership contention.

Nah. When you think about it we went to the draft last year with 5 picks in the top 30. It's good recruiting IMO. I don't think it's good to have too many young players. The 5 from the draft last year all look like players capable of AFL careers so adding 2 proven mids in their mid 20s puts us back in premiership contention.
100% agree, 5 quality kids last year and mj the year before, this has given us the opportunity to make these trade possible without feeling like we have put all our eggs in the 1 basket.

Give me Taranto and hopper any day over a couple mid-late first round picks and some second round picks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Pumped with these two committing to us, exciting times ahead that's for sure, a deal will get done easily i reckon, we have the assets, they have huge cap issues, Kingsley will deal in good faith.

My only concern is Hopper will be what 33? when his deal is up? do we really think he can justify his contract at that age? a 2029 problem i guess, otherwise a momentus time to be a Tiger

Exactly.
Sort of convinced this was planed straight after the 20GF.

100% agree, 5 quality kids last year and mj the year before, this has given us the opportunity to make these trade possible without feeling like we have put all our eggs in the 1 basket.

Give me Taranto and hopper any day over a couple mid-late first round picks and some second round picks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Not sure what pick 12 and 18(2023) will turnout like.
By the time we findout we'd have added to our premiership tally.

I'm calming down now. But still stoked..

What a week. What a trade - in all likelihood.

If we win more premierships this is best trade of all.

And if we can manage a transition to a new squad structure whilst still competing this is the first time a dynasty team has done that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Welcome Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back