Welcome Welcome to Adelaide - Isaac Cumming

Remove this Banner Ad

It does beg the question though, if our list quality is so much better than Port's, who just played in yet another prelim final, why did we finish 15th?

Why did our coaching group get so little out of our list compared to what Port's got out of theirs?

Port by the numbers had the easiest draw in the competition and we had the hardest. That would play some part.....

There was a lot of pretty silly bed whetting going on here over the last 48 hours about this.....

People have lost a bit a perspective. I'm glad Cumming has chosen us fwiw, but it's not going to make or break the club.
Maybe not from a performance standpoint (though I think he makes us a decent amount better), but losing him to sport when we had a couple of clear advantages in getting him over there would’ve been pretty disappointing

would Isaac play wing or hbf?
I can see the arguments for both.

Probably our biggest problem this year was moving it from D50. With his athleticism and disposal, you'd think Cumming would help with that.

On the other hand, his size means he'd be a good marking outlet on the wing – especially if we persist with the long down-the-line strategy.

There was a lot of pretty silly bed whetting going on here over the last 48 hours about this.....

People have lost a bit a perspective. I'm glad Cumming has chosen us fwiw, but it's not going to make or break the club.
Interesting take and certainly not getting a half back flanker won't make or break the club. It was more the optics of NOT getting him and losing out again to the mob down the road. Supporters need to be sold hope and if they see that their club cannot attract players of worth and see their arch rivals snaffling them, it gets rather depressing. Very glad he chose us and it bends that narrative away now as we will nail 2 off season targets and we should have a good draft infront of use to look forward to as well. That sells hope to supporters who have had enough of the underperforming we have been told to swallow of late.

He will have a significant impact

Yes this year was hampered by injuries but GWS rated him highly enough to get him back into the team for finals and offer him a 4 year deal

I think his ceiling is AA HB

He has speed, is elite by foot and has good footy IQ and has 80 games experience to really launch from this point onwards - at 26 his best footy is ahead of him

He’s going to surprise a few

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe not from a performance standpoint (though I think he makes us a decent amount better), but losing him to sport when we had a couple of clear advantages in getting him over there would’ve been pretty disappointing

What if he had been making obscene salary demands they were willing to meet and we weren't?

You guys had your eyes closed yesterday. Here are just a few bed wetters from both the Cumming rumours and the Draper one. This was only from a few pages. Pretty sure there were a couple of comments about burning the place down can't remember which thread and if related to Cumming or Draper.

We absolutely have bed wetters littered throughout this board that jump at shadows and believe anything.
Lol you're easily bought aren't you. Full credit for getting cumming over the line but 10 steps back and one forward and your hurting everyone's ears with your loud clapping.

We all want the best for the club. But calling a spade a spade is just realistic hopefully this is the start of some positive momentum for the club and they can get back on the path to success but there's been plenty of mistakes along the way I wouldn't be celebrating like Ken Hinkley yet we still finished bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys had your eyes closed yesterday. Here are just a few bed wetters from both the Cumming rumours and the Draper one. This was only from a few pages. Pretty sure there were a couple of comments about burning the place down can't remember which thread and if related to Cumming or Draper.

We absolutely have bed wetters littered throughout this board that jump at shadows and believe anything.
So you’ve included posts with “if” “would be”. Ie if we didn’t get Cumming, not that we would haven’t got Cumming.

Getting Cumming doesn't make my original post that it would be a disaster to miss out on another wrong.

I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Assume everyone knows Isaac Cumming is another first round pick from the 2016 Draft.

And also assume everyone knows we actually bid on Harry Perryman at pick 14, which GWS matched, and we then picked Jordon Galluci with pick 15.

And yet beat Port and drew with Brisbane.....

Our season was insanely inconsistent, my point was that Port literally had the easiest draw and we had the hardest.

Was it at the start of the year tho?

Assume everyone knows Isaac Cumming is another first round pick from the 2016 Draft.

And also assume everyone knows we actually bid on Harry Perryman at pick 14, which GWS matched, and we then picked Jordon Galluci with pick 15.
And assume everyone knows Tim English was the player recruiters Hamish Ogilvie and our then WA scout Phil Bunn wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide - Isaac Cumming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back