Welcome Welcome to Carlton Cooper Lord - Pick 9 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss imprint on this selection.

Endurance beast, loves tackling, one touch, smart user, buy lacks a yard

An endurance player lacking pace you say? We definitely needed one of them.

I'm guessing he is eligible for our VFL team this week? Any chance he plays or will he need more time to settle in. We play on Sunday so assuming he will get through a couple training sessions with the 2s
I could be wrong, but I think he's allowed to play VFL for all games with the exception of when we play North again.

A King (TDk), a couple of Princes (Charlie and Harry) and a Lord. We have some nobility down at Carlton.
I think you'll find there was a coronation last year.

After winning a Coleman medal, he is now King Charles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Pros = long kick, quick hands, high footy IQ, high production

Cons = efficiency needs work, lacks pace, doesn't really hit the scoreboard.

Last edited:
images

Love seeing a kid who matched the “guns” statistically in the Coates League, and lacked the hype of his midfield partner Sanders. Has the scope and likely the hunger to emulate his more vaunted compatriots.

Hasn’t been lauded through his junior years, no entitlement and a willingness to work.

Remember reading about him after Coates League final and wondering why the stats didn’t produce “appropriate” hype. Don’t particularly like the subterfuge, but pleased with the selection.

Welcome to Carlton Cooper Lord. Look forward to seeing you in “the twos” and in the top team when the time is right.

I'm happy with the clubs approach on this selection. We are missing in midfield depth at the moment.

Yes we have those who can rotate through the midfield to help out, but when one of our primary inside mid players are injured, we don't have alot of depth there to play that role.

Billy Wilson is a half back we are hoping turns into a mid and Carroll unfortunately doesn't appear to grabbing his opportunities with two hands when given them. This puts more pressure on them to learn and grow as players and also gives an opportunity to a young player who may have been overlooked in the draft last year because he wasn't quite ready

For me he is what you want to see as a mid season rookie

Wouldn't have been unhappy with a Half Forward / Small forward though 😉

But most importantly Welcome to the Blues Cooper Lord 💙👏

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back