Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I have no idea who he is 😳.. but he's a port player now so gets my support.

2023 training reports - ‘This guy is keeping a list spot warm until he gets delisted. Zero chance of ever playing an AFL game (LOL)’

2024 - ‘WOW!’, ‘where did that come from?’, ‘He’s a ripper’, ‘poised’. Won Collingwood’s ‘Best young player’ award with stiff competition from Harrison and Parker (suspect the club were pouring as much love as they could to try and entice him to stay).

(At this rate of improvement he’ll win your B&F in 2026 and the Brownlow in 2028)

Cornes the Footy analyst, or Cornes the Port supporter?

Cornes (and all Port supporters) should be tickle pink.

Sure, they gave up an AA player (a lot)

But they got a lot back ...

• They effectively bring in a first round player a year early, and from a so-called “super draft”.
  • They effectively upgrade their pick 39 to pick 29 in a so-called “super draft”
  • They effectively upgrade their pick 58 to pick 36 in a so-called “super draft”
  • Joe Richards will be a cracking player.
  • Dunno what Jack Lukosius and Rory Atkins will be like, but they’re obviously players they wanted.
  • They get pick 50 for another player in the super draft.

Port lose a decent player, but very easy to imagine that this trade makes them better.
Who cares?

Feel like that massively glosses over the capital Port sent out

It does if Port crash and burn in 2025 (getting in 2024 Pick 13, and giving up a very early 2025 Pick) but I don’t see that happening?

I’d expect their 2025 F1 would also be around 13?

It does if Port crash and burn in 2025 (getting in 2024 Pick 13, and giving up a very early 2025 Pick) but I don’t see that happening?

I’d expect their 2025 F1 would also be around 13?
You’re missing my point - there is no way they should have given up a future first round pick with what they have ended up with. This is probably because I don’t rate Lukosious at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stoked we got Houston.

I’m one of the most pessimistic bastards when it comes to Collingwood playing list, but with Perryman and Houston next year, even l think we’re finishing top 4!

I'm legit shocked people aren't realising that Houston clearly wanted out more than they're willing to admit and would have privately nominated Collingwood

Absolutely stoked we got Houston.

I’m one of the most pessimistic bastards when it comes to Collingwood playing list, but with Perryman and Houston next year, even l think we’re finishing top 4!
Without the level of injuries this year, I think we could’ve finished top 4 in 2024.
Next year we can challenge for #17🏆 .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back