Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Being reported that the Suns threatened to send pick 13 somewhere else (outside of the mega trade) if Port didn’t come back to table/deal. Port caved. I reckon Port wants to split 13 for Swans 19 & 22. That wouldn’t have been possible without 13.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

I kind of relate the Dan Houston saga to the Ollie Henry saga, only PA got far more from Dan than we got from Ollie.

When a player says he wants to go home, I just can't see how a club can prevent him from going back. How can you believe that you will get the best out of a player after you have denied him a very profound desire: to go home to family etc.

And you can't hold the market to blackmail, because...the market is the market...and you can only get what the market decrees you can.

So I think that the trade was inevitable, and PA did the best they could in those very difficult circumstances.

...and they did get Lukosius (who I think could be very good), and Joe Richards who, most of us here believe, is a very promising prospect.

Slight difference. Houston gave 9 years of service and decided to leave when Port started paying scrubs like Esava more than him. Henry was just a sook.

I kind of relate the Dan Houston saga to the Ollie Henry saga, only PA got far more from Dan than we got from Ollie.

When a player says he wants to go home, I just can't see how a club can prevent him from going back. How can you believe that you will get the best out of a player after you have denied him a very profound desire: to go home to family etc.

And you can't hold the market to blackmail, because...the market is the market...and you can only get what the market decrees you can.

So I think that the trade was inevitable, and PA did the best they could in those very difficult circumstances.

...and they did get Lukosius (who I think could be very good), and Joe Richards who, most of us here believe, is a very promising prospect.
Lukosius has plenty of talent, and I think he will flourish back "home" with his buddy Rozee.
It might mean we can get Lord next year.
If Butters is available, though, I'd get him.

Slight difference. Houston gave 9 years of service and decided to leave when Port started paying scrubs like Esava more than him. Henry was just a sook.
When I said PA got alot more from Dan than we got from Ollie, I was meaning that PA got far more service from Dan than we ever got from O Henry.

So yes, I agree that is a major difference.

The only point I am making is that when a player cries home, it is a devastating factor. No club can really ever hope to prevent a trade agreement for a player wishing to go home, without the fear of then not being able to get the best out of that player if they decide to thwart his wishes.

Dan Houston gave PA plenty, so they should not be so bitter about the deal, and PA did not do as badly out of it - I believe _ as some others (mostly their own support base) think.

Lukosius has plenty of talent, and I think he will flourish back "home" with his buddy Rozee.
It might mean we can get Lord next year.
If Butters is available, though, I'd get him.
Not sure Port are going to want to trade with us for a while.

Being reported that the Suns threatened to send pick 13 somewhere else (outside of the mega trade) if Port didn’t come back to table/deal. Port caved. I reckon Port wants to split 13 for Swans 19 & 22. That wouldn’t have been possible without 13.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shows how Port Nearly F**ked this because they being Greedy

Yeah, true. When PA played their GF against Hawthorn, if Houston had been huge (most likely he would have been

When I said PA got alot more from Dan than we got from Ollie, I was meaning that PA got far more service from Dan than we ever got from O Henry.

So yes, I agree that is a major difference.

The only point I am making is that when a player cries home, it is a devastating factor. No club can really ever hope to prevent a trade agreement for a player wishing to go home, without the fear of then not being able to get the best out of that player if they decide to thwart his wishes.

Dan Houston gave PA plenty, so they should not be so bitter about the deal, and PA did not do as badly out of it - I believe _ as some others (mostly their own support base) think.
Dan also said he was happy to stay. Can understand Port fans being pissed off.
Reality is that Port are being run by a pack of clowns.
They just let the best half back in the comp go for unders. They had him on a four year deal!
Unbelievable that we were able to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan also said he was happy to stay. Can understand Port fans being pissed off.
Reality is that Port are being run by a pack of clowns.
They just let the best half back in the comp go for unders. They had him on a four year deal!
Unbelievable that we were able to get him.
He has to say that.

Who knows what he was saying in private?

I don't think we can assume that opposition list managers are just sub par intelligence clowns.

He has to say that.

Who knows what he was saying in private?

I don't think we can assume that opposition list managers are just sub par intelligence clowns.
The deal is all the evidence you need. Port have accepted a joke of a deal for a rolled gold player.

It’s like winning the flag tonight.

Let's take it one flag at a time. ;)
Our forwards will know just to lead into space, and Nick or Dan will hit them lace out.
It’s going to be something to see.
Slogan for next year…”unleash the beast.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back