Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

You can spend 95 or 97.5% (depending on the source, I think it's the latter) but not less.

However you can front load contracts so you get a big arsenal, say 8-10% spare at the start of a trading period so you can offer a bucket, so long as you end up spending 95/97% at the end of the trade period.
You only have to spend 92.5% of the cap at minimum, but you can restructure deals to frontload them and have some of the money counting against the cap earlier if you have extra room, so clubs often do that.

Could probably include Scott Burns in that list, although not gained in a trade... good couple of weeks in the end.
Yes indeed Burnsey back into the fold is a great get for the club and especially for Bucks, who can now start building his own team of assistant coaches who understand his imperatives and perspective.

Great news!!!

Now can't wait to hear about all of our newly signed stars... Wasn't it 8?

Then we can front end as many contracts as we can to give us space from next season to target some free agents.

Very proud of how the club has conducted itself this trade period, fantastic work by Hine and co. Adams will be a future captain of the club. Pumped for next year!

No offence but this is a huge call. Future captain? Let's just hope he can play some decent footy before promoting him to the leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GB-mission-accomplished.jpg

Not that huge of a call.
Adams is clearly in the top 5 mids in the comp.

The wild jubilation is a little premature. I suppose we have always raised our players on a pedestal only to tear them down when they fail to reach our unrealistic expectations.

Adams is an exciting hard-at-it inside midfielder. I like the Luke Ball comparisons. But he won't be a future captain - he has already been to court for hitting someone on the street and sentanced to a 6-month diversion order. He has a very short fuse. Personally I like the idea of having at least one mongrel midfielder who likes to start fights and will get suspended for punching blokes- but he isn't captain material.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back