Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

TaylorMade-Logo.gif
images

What on earth do you think White was traded for???????

So that Reid could be swung back again

I don't think he was. I think Reid will stay put. White will play the (and I hate the cliche) Leigh Brown role. If we expect White to play a genuine key forward role, well, that is a recruitment doomed to failure. He doesn't fit that role.

I think we will see Keeffe and Brown as our key defenders next year. Against teams that have three talls I think we will see Frost play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he a better player than JT?
What we really need at the moment are a couple of good back line players to fill Reid, Shaw and Maxwells spots, and give us a bit more depth in the backline. Surprised we haven't traded more heavily with that in mind.
Maybe counting on Toovey, Young and frost coming good.
I don't think we have seen enough of JT to know for sure yet. I would say If I could only pick 1 of them for a game next week I would pick Adams. HOWEVER Josh Thomas really started to show something this year after an injury plagued start to his career. If he can have another full pre season without injury and can get right into it. We are going to have two very very good inside/clearance players on our hands. Josh Thomas's end to the season was seriously good and he started to get the numbers to show why we have stuck and persisted with him all this time.

What on earth do you think White was traded for???????

So that Reid could be swung back again
Reid will kick 50+ goals next year. Combine that with Cloke and we have a power combo that will win games.
White is not that. If he averages 1.5 goals for the year it will be an ok result and Goldsack can do better than that.
Reid stays. His back line days are over. Get over it.

Reid will kick 50+ goals next year. Combine that with Cloke and we have a power combo that will win games.
White is not that. If he averages 1.5 goals for the year it will be an ok result and Goldsack can do better than that.
Old theory of attack vs defense. Sure Reid might average 2 goals a game. Good on him. Without him in our backline were conceding an extra 4 goals a game. I agree White is not a suitable recruit for a stay at home 2nd KPF. But Reid is much better to our team down back if we can find a better key forward. He offers way more skills and assets to us in the back half of the field than he does down forward.

I don't think he was. I think Reid will stay put. White will play the (and I hate the cliche) Leigh Brown role. If we expect White to play a genuine key forward role, well, that is a recruitment doomed to failure. He doesn't fit that role.

I think we will see Keeffe and Brown as our key defenders next year. Against teams that have three talls I think we will see Frost play.

Hang on, Quicky.
If White's been recruited to play the Leigh Brown role, where's Leigh Brown gonna play?

Maybe you could learn to READ posts - I said SWUNG back, not played back - White gives us the option of moving Reid back in case of need.

Going off the highlight package on Adams from our website it seems we have found a goal kicking midfielder that can kick straight and on the run from on or outside 50m. Something we don't have a lot of!

If he can give us 25-30 goals a season that's a great result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Collingwood - Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back