Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the first player in our history that has a realistic shot at winning the Coleman medal at some point in his career. It's surreal - he's the exact type of the player that we used to lament that we always pass over in the draft
Not only the first player in our history but the first third or fourth tall of a forward line in the competition to do it at that!!!

I can’t believe he’s doing this as a 20 year old who’s barely played more than a season’s worth of games. His trajectory is so so so incredibly exciting

It's probably not the best use of the word nonchalant, it's more how simple he makes it look. Like, you sit there wondering how it is so damn hard to find players who kick goals, it seems to be as easy as breathing to Jye.

Time your lead perfectly after a couple of double backs, push off at the exact right time, jump, mark at the top of it's height, walk in and slot em from anywhere inside 50.

I reckon Jye timed his lead out of the womb to get delivered exactly 9 months after conception, turned around and cut the cord himself, slotted it in the trash from a 45 degree angle then had a nap
IMG_20240318_204633.jpg

Jyesatz Haderach
Amiss when Cornes doesn't rate Amiss as our best KPF.
Angry Timothee Chalamet GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

He's looking brilliant, what are his leadership credentials like? Could he one day captain the club? (Yes early days, no trying to pile pressure on)

I'm a little simple, I'm always drawn to captains that bang in goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree he looks laconic after he takes a mark, but he took a pretty big mark.

Seems to have great chemistry with Treacy, they were on the same wavelength with the lead to the pocket that Treacy hit the kick on.
Tony would like you to know that that word doesn't mean what you think it means. 😂

I'm sure you've all seen the 2024 List management - Trade Targets thread with one of the main topics being Logan McDonald. It got me thinking to what Jye Amiss would hypothetically be worth. This was a pleasant thought so I did a bit more thinking.

We selected Jye Amiss with pick 8. We got that Pick 8 from Carlton for giving them Cerra. I think it might have been pick 6 and got pushed down a couple of places. We also got a future third but it gets complicated on where that ended up but it's only a future third so I stopped looking.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate Carlton and actively participated in telling Carlton bigfootyites that Cerra was worth more than pick 6 but maybe it's time to reassess those hard feelings.

So the liveliest discussion on the trade targets thread is whether Logan McDonald is actually good and how many of our first round picks he is worth. One difference between Logan and Jye is that we know Jye is actually good.

So how much draft capital would we hypothetically give up is Jye was a trade targets?

I put it to you that he is worth all of our draft capital. That he is worthy of more than pick 1. If you've seen had a look at the draftguru website they have an interesting idea that a player can be worth more than pick one. That is, they figure out how good an average pick one is and if your player has a higher projected output than that he is worth more than pick one.

So in effect our pick 5 from 2017 gave us 70 odd games from Cerra, a future third and Jye Amiss. Or 70 games from Cerra, future 3rd and pick one plus change. Maybe I shouldn't hate Cerra and Carlton so much. That said, we may have selected Amiss with the pick used on Erasmus but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

It reminds me of the tale of the we will see horse.
At the moment it's been Goodluck. Screenshot_20240320-092909.png

I'm sure you've all seen the 2024 List management - Trade Targets thread with one of the main topics being Logan McDonald. It got me thinking to what Jye Amiss would hypothetically be worth. This was a pleasant thought so I did a bit more thinking.

We selected Jye Amiss with pick 8. We got that Pick 8 from Carlton for giving them Cerra. I think it might have been pick 6 and got pushed down a couple of places. We also got a future third but it gets complicated on where that ended up but it's only a future third so I stopped looking.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate Carlton and actively participated in telling Carlton bigfootyites that Cerra was worth more than pick 6 but maybe it's time to reassess those hard feelings.

So the liveliest discussion on the trade targets thread is whether Logan McDonald is actually good and how many of our first round picks he is worth. One difference between Logan and Jye is that we know Jye is actually good.

So how much draft capital would we hypothetically give up is Jye was a trade targets?

I put it to you that he is worth all of our draft capital. That he is worthy of more than pick 1. If you've seen had a look at the draftguru website they have an interesting idea that a player can be worth more than pick one. That is, they figure out how good an average pick one is and if your player has a higher projected output than that he is worth more than pick one.

So in effect our pick 5 from 2017 gave us 70 odd games from Cerra, a future third and Jye Amiss. Or 70 games from Cerra, future 3rd and pick one plus change. Maybe I shouldn't hate Cerra and Carlton so much. That said, we may have selected Amiss with the pick used on Erasmus but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

At the moment it's been Goodluck.View attachment 1933605
If there was another Jye out there, I would give up pick 1 all day.

In this scenario, Jye is currently playing at another club? In my view, he hasn't proven anything yet, been kicking his goals from soft frees, is way over-hyped by the Vic media, and contracts aren't worth anything nowadays. Will take Amiss and pick 6 for future two-time Brownlow medalist Ethan Stanley, whom many respectable commentators have compared favourably to Chris Judd.

In this scenario, Jye is currently playing at another club? In my view, he hasn't proven anything yet, been kicking his goals from soft frees, is way over-hyped by the Vic media, and contracts aren't worth anything nowadays. Will take Amiss and pick 6 for future two-time Brownlow medalist Ethan Stanley, whom many respectable commentators have compared favourably to Chris Judd.
Much more in line with how Freo posters would view him at another club.

"Sure he kicks goals but that's literally it, he barely touches it. Look at <insert player we arent really linked to> and everything he brings around the ground, that's who we really need"

Behold. Finally.

God this took a long time to put together.
I regret nothing. There's nothing worse than watching a highlights package and there's obnoxious music over the top of erratic editing.
Nothing but the OG commentary, baby (for better or worse, sorry about Basil existing).

Everybody, enjoy, kick back tonight with a glass of plonk or an edible or a sugar-free Coke and enjoy watching our boy Nev kicking some sausage rolls.
Also, let me know if I f***ed up anywhere. I know the Adelaide text rolled over into the GC game.
Completely ruins the whole thing, I know.

Just came across this incredible artefact - enormous thanks to the exhalted Dovah-Kiin!! Do we have some sort of Hall of Fame for this sort of thing??

we cant let those bozo commentators get away with the fact they called this kid the 3rd or 4th tall forward - genuinely should be shunned from society for that take, and they got paid for it fmd!!
A real "tell us you don't watch Freo without telling us you don't watch Freo" moment.

If we didnt get cerra pick , before our pick 10 Richmond would have taken Jye at 9 instead of Gibcus ?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back