Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her needs to break the lines a bit more instead of just looking for the little kick each time. He is useful as a link in transition but not damaging enough.

Her needs to break the lines a bit more instead of just looking for the little kick each time. He is useful as a link in transition but not damaging enough.
Yep. In the blues game he racked up like 3 or 4 possessions in space of few minutes playing kick to kick in the back half

It's hard to utilise your skillset when the methodology from hire up the chain is about slow, deliberate ball movement down the line to non existent forward targets.

Liam is one of the few who attempts to centre the ball, these kicks are so damaging when they come off, opening up both sides of the inside 50 arc for our forwards to lead into.

Again, if anyone is attacking this kid after his last month, you are barking up the wrong tree...

It's hard to utilise your skillset when the methodology from hire up the chain is about slow, deliberate ball movement down the line to non existent forward targets.

Liam is one of the few who attempts to centre the ball, these kicks are so damaging when they come off, opening up both sides of the inside 50 arc for our forwards to lead into.

Again, if anyone is attacking this kid after his last month, you are barking up the wrong tree...
Who is attacking him. I just think it would be nice if he chose to play on more often if he can. He has played well in the past 3 weeks but a dinky kick 15 metres up the line isn't very damaging. Fine to take the inside kick when it is on offer but the rest of the time i would like him to take the ground in front of him when available. When in form, NOD does it, so that must mean he is ignoring the coaches instructions.

Why hasn't this bloke re-signed with us yet. Is this another Acres scenario where we are low balling him? The club has not only been very patient with him, but has rewarded form and pumped some great development into his game.

Probs leaving like all our other potential first flag players.
Hill, Acres, Neale, Cerra, Langdon, Logue etc etc etc
Flagmantle is a dream that has turned to Night terror

Why hasn't this bloke re-signed with us yet. Is this another Acres scenario where we are low balling him? The club has not only been very patient with him, but has rewarded form and pumped some great development into his game.

He thinks he's better than what he is and he isn't patient enough for his ability to catch up with his own expectations.

Plus with a Player manager like Colin Young blowing smoke up his ass and itching to trade him.

...and once again, the "speculative / player performance vs trade value train" rolls into Freo's terminus.

Not getting on board though this time sorry folks. I've been on this ride before - This particular train-trip is a oddly recursive ride, that switches tracks and directions constantly that never seems to go very far.

It's whole timetable is all swings and roundabouts too, with each deviation and derailment being reliant on a million and one real and/or imagined factors that might or might not have ounces of truth to them (..just never enough truth to establish a likely destination in advance, or provide for pleasant scenery, or even assess if the whole trip was worth it in the aftermath.)

Rather than take this trip with you all, I'll just disembark from this thread at this point methinks, extend a cheery wave, wish you all well, and see what ends up happening when and if something actually happens.

Personally and for the record I really hope Henry stays. My record for getting these calls right in advance however is far too abominable to put any faith in them (...plus I doubt anyone really cares that much about why I want him to stay anyway, unless they happen to share my particular logic 😂😂).

Have fun everyone - see you all in the post trading wash up threads. 😉👍 I'm off to dwell over footy-ish themes over a chewable beer or three, and try thinking up some fresh topical jokes about fictional undead Tasmanian footy teams, and any potential on-field opposition match-ups. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Caleb Daniel is an All Australian.
You don't have to be Wayne Carey to make the best of the best.
Liam will be fine, unfortunately it will be at a Melbourne based club.
Freo is where players go to die

THat is because he cant kick more than say 40 mtrs, can Caleb Daniel kick it any longer but he always hits a target
I agree he looks like he can't in games but Ive seen him kick long in training and he has the ability to kick long. As a draftee long kicking was considered a strength of his in some of the write ups. I think Liam got over coached and he's far better off playing on instinct. He seems to look for the perfect option rather than the safest option is my observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just hurry the * up and re-sign him already, how incompetent is our list management?? Get it done.
I don't particularly rate him that highly but want to re-sign him anyway. Sick and tired of players bouncing every year.

Because just a month ago he wasn't getting games. He's played two good games this year. You don't give contracts based on a couple games.

Just hurry the * up and re-sign him already, how incompetent is our list management?? Get it done.
Cal Twomey said he was very likely to be in Vic next year.
He’s the best in the business Twomey so if he’s saying that it’s very credible.
Just need him to keep playing well and get a decent pick back in return

Because just a month ago he wasn't getting games. He's played two good games this year. You don't give contracts based on a couple games.
*one good game. People massively over exaggerated the bulldogs game, he was meh like the rest of the team.

This club has an odd habit of losing wingers. Hill, Langdon, Acres, probably Henry.

We'll get a third round pick max considering he's out of contract and spent most of his career at Peel.

Are you sure about that? They never sign players based on what they've shown at training etc?

He's still developing and adapting to a new position to boot. It's a pretty reasonable part of that process to do a some of it outside of the intensity of AFL level.

Another serviceable effort by Liam today ,stringing some decent games together.
Would really like to see him starting to impact the score board on a regular basis.
Granted he has an unusual kicking style that works for him in general play, but he needs to work on how he approaches set shots as his effort from 40 today is not a recipe for success!

That kick to Walters was a ripper and that’s what we hope to see more of. I think that confidence will come with experience, he’s def turned a corner now.

He obviously needs to get a LOT stronger defensively to stock some tackles, and to shit himself less. Again probably just another preseason or 2 will sort that.

I’m now really hoping he stays. He’s not there yet but I now think he will be a Brad Hill type winger for a long time in the afl, which would have been a wild thing to say a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that he’s getting used to the pace of it & keeping his cool his clean ball handling is very good.
And yes he does have the Brad Hill knack of being in the right spot to receive & link up.
If he’s got the tank to run his man into the ground like Brad then happy days but few have.

I'd like this deal to be signed now

Preferably a 2 year contract but Young will be angling for length you'd think

There are 0 doubts that young has put the feelers out to clubs (he already had in trade period ly) the curious part is who is interested and what are they offering henry in terms of salary and contract length

Henry will put most of our team in hospital with the kicks and handballs he dishes out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back