Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. You are a teenage kid in high school. You want to be a professional footballer "when you grow up" but at the moment you are just a kid in high school.

Lucky you though ... you make a development squad ... a state team ... the dream looks that little bit closer ...

The only NGA Squad available to you comes calling? It doesn't matter if you like the franchise or not ... you are TIED to their NGA Squad according to rules that have probs never been explained to you.

That he participated in our NGA program means less than nothing. The kid owes us zero. Maybe he always wanted to go east and his deepest feeling towards us is that we stopped him going there when he was 18.
If he always had that feeling he could've chosen to not be picked up by us. I don't think it's any different to a father-son pick not wanting to go to his fathers club, they just put the papers in and say I don't want to be nominated.

Ash Johnson is BOG average.

Save our dollars for better players.
Respectfully disagree
I think he’s pretty good and would be about 100 times better than Corbett

Anyway , I think I’ve been down this rabbit hole before
He’s contracted apparently.
Someone bought it up again in this thread today and I forgot before I replied

I’ll shut up now 🙄

I’m not sure what’s not to understand about why he wants to leave. I would have thought he pretty much told everyone in that post match interview (being dropped to Peel)

And honestly, if he doesn’t wanna be here then off he goes on his bike. No player is bigger than the club

I’m not sure what’s not to understand about why he wants to leave. I would have thought he pretty much told everyone in that post match interview (being dropped to Peel)

And honestly, if he doesn’t wanna be here then off he goes on his bike. No player is bigger than the club
I tend to agree but I'm just so tired of losing players all the time.

As for him joining Collingwood then you can 100% eliminate money as one of the reasons. They can’t afford bringing in big signings, hell they can’t afford anyone but draftees and rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T
I think the answer was a horrible attempt at remembering his planned lines but is just more evidence to the pile. Whether he confused himself or not, it was still basically "want it to come out" and "2 weeks left" (which doesnt matter if he's signing a contract to stay). Like there is definitely subtext to the interview that he plans on leaving and just cant openly say it
Although that's still just reading a lot into it driven from a narrative.

Logically I see no real personal benefit from firmly grasping at either stay or go.

Reality is he's here while he's here and he's gone when he's no longer here. It makes it pretty easy.

T

Although that's still just reading a lot into it driven from a narrative.

Logically I see no real personal benefit from firmly grasping at either stay or go.

Reality is he's here while he's here and he's gone when he's no longer here. It makes it pretty easy.
That's fine I suppose but footy is a passion / hobby, if we arent getting frustrated on young players leaving the club consistently then what are we doing? Additionally, we go on here because we enjoy talking about all things footy. If we just talked about definitive things it would be pretty boring

Liam was playing like shit when he was dropped to Peel.

If we lifted our skirts every time a player cracked the shits at being dropped we may as well fold.

And the fact Liam would crack the shits at being dropped while playing like that is an indictment on his attitude.

Liam was playing like s**t when he was dropped to Peel.

If we lifted our skirts every time a player cracked the shits at being dropped we may as well fold.

And the fact Liam would crack the shits at being dropped while playing like that is an indictment on his attitude.
Someone needs to sit him down and make him watch a replay of those first five or so games. It felt like every time he got a posession he would turn it over. So much so that I noticed every time he got the ball and joked to myself that he would turn it over, and he did.

There's no way he can truly believe he desreved to stay in the team after that.

Ash Johnson is BOG average.

Save our dollars for better players.
Agree, and our trading history with Collingwood doesn't make for great reading -

Us trading in Jack Anthony who actually looked half decent while playing for them.

Us sending them James Clement, Brodie Holland, Paul Medhurst who they probably got the best out of.

The only win for us was probably James Aish although we probably overpaid a bit.

He hasn't signed on either

Let’s not make something out of nothing here.

Only four Mid Season Draftees from this season have signed beyond this season. Three of them had 18 month contracts right from the start.

I’m sure we’ll hear something in the next fortnight.

Let’s not make something out of nothing here.

Only four Mid Season Draftees from this season have signed beyond this season. Three of them had 18 month contracts right from the start.

I’m sure we’ll hear something in the next fortnight.
Just saying, he is out of contract just like Henry is

Stanley also has links to the Hawks

I hope they both stay but time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back