Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even say a simple "thank you" to freo for everything they've done for his career. "no bad blood" is the best he can do. what a dickhead lol.

I understand these guys are sometimes nervous and he’s just a young lad, but gosh, the channel 10 reporter was practically Putting words into his mouth to say “thanks to freo and the fans, etc etc, loved my time there… new challenge” but instead he kept waffling about himself.
Colin young must not even do a bit of basic coaching on what to say with him.

Wanganeen milera is one of the best young players in the AFL. Should not ever even be mentioned in the same sentence as Henry!
NWM will be a multiple AA by the end of his career. In a redraft of 2021 he probably goes 4 after Daicos, amiss and JHF. He was the best player on the field for the saints in that recent final loss to GWS.

As for Henry - he never struck me as a guy that takes his footy too seriously. Now he has a 4 year deal I expect him to coast along and focus on his off field interest. Good riddance.

He sounded more interested in his off field endeavours than his footy when interviewed.

He has barely started his career and he's putting indulgence infront of his career

Yeah, I felt that through the post. Was hoping to perk you up a little with my endless optimism. Have a listen to the latest restump podcast as well, might help. Honestly don't think we're in a bad spot at all.
Cheers for that. I mostly agree, think we have the basis of a pretty good side but last year was one of the most disappointing I've experienced as a Freo fan. It was the way we played so scared, especially at home.

Plus I saw Henry finally starting to show, not just his lovely skills and ball handling but a real sense of learning and growth into his role. I was finally believing he was going to make it and be a real key member of our young group going forward.

I just can't agree with a lot of the talk here that he's nothing but a showponey. He is that no doubt but I believe underneath it is a very serious and dedicated footballer. With Brad Hill as his mentor and Lyon using his voodoo that gets players running through walls for him I think he's going to be a serious player. Probably not elite but a very useful role player.
Anyway I've said enough here.

Cheers for that. I mostly agree, think we have the basis of a pretty good side but last year was one of the most disappointing I've experienced as a Freo fan. It was the way we played so scared, especially at home.

Plus I saw Henry finally starting to show, not just his lovely skills and ball handling but a real sense of learning and growth into his role. I was finally believing he was going to make it and be a real key member of our young group going forward.

I just can't agree with a lot of the talk here that he's nothing but a showponey. He is that no doubt but I believe underneath it is a very serious and dedicated footballer. With Brad Hill as his mentor and Lyon using his voodoo that gets players running through walls for him I think he's going to be a serious player. Probably not elite but a very useful role player.
Anyway I've said enough here.

Why do you think he has lovely skills and ball handling? He crumbles and fumbles under intense heat. Will be found out in finals. And his skills are very average. He has a high clanger and turnover count for a pure outside player who is always in space. He routinely shanks short chips off the side of the boot. He struggles to kick the ball more than 40m. He can't snap more than 20-30m. His conversion in front of goal is poor (13.18 in his career, plus quite a few more failing to make the distance from inside 50).

Why do you think he has lovely skills and ball handling? He crumbles and fumbles under intense heat. Will be found out in finals. And his skills are very average. He has a high clanger and turnover count for a pure outside player who is always in space. He routinely shanks short chips off the side of the boot. He struggles to kick the ball more than 40m. He can't snap more than 20-30m. His conversion in front of goal is poor (13.18 in his career, plus quite a few more failing to make the distance from inside 50).

His fashion is also sub par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda glad he’s finally gone. I’ve been positive about Liam as a footballer from the start, but I’ve seen nothing to dissuade me from my belief that he’s an annoying little twat. I can only see positives for team cohesion.

I did wonder why he didn't front the cameras at freo hq very often.
What an air head.

His football was coming on, I don't think it will at st Kilda with the extra scrutiny..
**** him.
Lobb has more integrity 🤣

Yeah I know a few people close to Liam through my work, and they'd always indicated he was a nice lad but incredibly simple. When I asked about the move away from Freo, they just seemed to think he'd be fairly easily led by someone like a Colin Young or other people in his network.

Not a bad player, but he was never going to have the footy smarts needed to take it to Cyril Rioli levels.

He took a long time to find his feet but there were always signs of it. Those last couple of games I have very clear memory of him gathering the ball in one touch off the ground under extreme pressure in our backline and having enough composure to execute a good decision. He did enough of those little things to convince me.

People forget how young he is, how small the places he lived are and how quickly he came into elite sport from a young age.
Its all been in the head for him but I see signs of a very handy player. Time will tell as usual.

Yes he's self absorbed and a little up himself but he's very immature and at least he's got the balls to try and make his dreams come true and follow his fashion dream as well as his football one. Its easy to see it as a selfish decision but I kind of admire him for having the guts to leave as there would've been a lot of implied and explicit pressure to give us a bit more return on our substantial investment but lets not kid ourselves that its not a 2 way street. Plenty of other players we've spend the same amount of time and money on and said see you later if they don't make the cut at the top level.

Personally I think he couldn't given us at least one more year of footy and signed a contract to give us a bit of leverage to trade but he's entitled to leave and he did. Someone like Cerra I thought was exemplary in the way he was never going to stay but gave us an extra year and had enough runs on the board to make sure he was able to say he wanted a fair trade to be done. Henry has just cut and run and said see ya. Not cool IMO.

He took a long time to find his feet but there were always signs of it. Those last couple of games I have very clear memory of him gathering the ball in one touch off the ground under extreme pressure in our backline and having enough composure to execute a good decision. He did enough of those little things to convince me.

People forget how young he is, how small the places he lived are and how quickly he came into elite sport from a young age.
Its all been in the head for him but I see signs of a very handy player. Time will tell as usual.

Yes he's self absorbed and a little up himself but he's very immature and at least he's got the balls to try and make his dreams come true and follow his fashion dream as well as his football one. Its easy to see it as a selfish decision but I kind of admire him for having the guts to leave as there would've been a lot of implied and explicit pressure to give us a bit more return on our substantial investment but lets not kid ourselves that its not a 2 way street. Plenty of other players we've spend the same amount of time and money on and said see you later if they don't make the cut at the top level.

Personally I think he couldn't given us at least one more year of footy and signed a contract to give us a bit of leverage to trade but he's entitled to leave and he did. Someone like Cerra I thought was exemplary in the way he was never going to stay but gave us an extra year and had enough runs on the board to make sure he was able to say he wanted a fair trade to be done. Henry has just cut and run and said see ya. Not cool IMO.
Didn't even say see ya.

eZ6iwcGev2yZnPxYV9TSMVmIOZU=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back