Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know why we are converting him into an inside Mid, we desperately need a congested winger and he has all the attributes to perform that role to a very high level.

I think he is just adding some strings to his bow?

Makes sense to me, may rotate with Andy or Johnson for example.

Now I don't think this will eventuate, but as far as a ceiling of potential goes, I think Odriscoll has a higher ceiling than all 3 of Brayshaw, Serong and Young.

O'Driscoll is just the type of player midfielder that takes off a little later than other mids, but reaches a higher level.

Outside midfielders / forwards with athletic ability and goal sense who end up as full time inside mids quite often end up as the very best players.

Dusty started forward and broke out late, Fyfe the same, Petracca and Danger as well.

Odriscoll loves a goal, is big and explosive, agile, massive running ability. He's got all the tools to become the best player in the league.

Obviously this is a long way away, particularly with all the injuries he keeps picking up. And it's obviously a long shot that he ends up being a brownlow level player. But the potential is absolutely there. Exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back