Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

You make 100% of the shots you don't miss.
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Essentially the same, never noticed anything of note, however in our brief interactions I do have that disdain. Perhaps I am more emotive.

I believe your logic to be flawed but you are entitled to your opinion. In fact, I encourage you do have your opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I think the link you are trying to make about me "name calling" (although I'm sure worse words than sycophant have been bandied about) to my accusations of bullying (which again, aren't in reference to me but something I noticed regarding the Shai subject in another thread) are insubstantial at best. However, there is no attempt to deflect or misdirect focus. My honest opinion is you haven't liked what I've said, you have taken it somewhat personally and you are hiding behind the idea of being a logical thinker while making subtle barbs.

Importantly, your view is your view, and mine is mine. I am sure most people are sick of us shitting up this thread with what is an off topic, irrelevant argument at this point. If you would like to discuss further I am more than happy to elsewhere.
Again, be specific. Your post above is just full of feels. What specifically in my posts are illogical? What specifically in my posts are indications of emotions or that I've taken what you've said personally?

Observationally you've written there's bullying of posters (who share your view)... but then said it had the potential to be bullying because of the numbers (?) who've disagreed.

You've also used name calling... still ad hom whether you think there's stronger name calling used on here (again general and non specific) or not...in what could be reasonably seen as a tactic to delegitimise posts that you don't agree with.

I double checked the official list before posting.

Besides Clem Michael was selected at Pick 21 - No father son was selected that early in that era. It was clubs last pick then a third round pick - looks like it was a third round pick in 1997.

Clem Michael was a mature aged draftee which is literally the only reason I can think of. Stephen Michael played over 1.5x what was needed for Clem to be a father son through the old WAFL rules.
I think that just shows the basket case the club was in those days. I remember trying to figure out why we selected him at pick 21 when he was a father son.

Again, be specific. Your post above is just full of feels. What specifically in my posts are illogical? What specifically in my posts are indications of emotions or that I've taken what you've said personally?

Observationally you've written there's bullying of posters (who share your view)... but then said it had the potential to be bullying because of the numbers (?) who've disagreed.

You've also used name calling... still ad hom whether you think there's stronger name calling used on here (again general and non specific) or not...in what could be reasonably seen as a tactic to delegitimise posts that you don't agree with.
You were told to go outside..

I am sure most people are sick of us shitting up this thread with what is an off topic, irrelevant argument at this point.
There's this thing called scrolling that makes it pretty easy to go past posts if you're not interested in them.

As I said, exposing dodgy logic and/or deceptive rhetorical strategies is far from irrelevant. In fact, if you're not wanting to clog up threads with crappy posts, reducing the use of logical fallacies is a good place to start.

You both win
Now go outside and play with Shai and the other kids
Theyre playing preseason or something
Of course there's no such thing as "winning" these sorts of discussions.

But you can try to stick to a process of addressing content (hopefully logically), rather than resorting to distraction, personal attacks etc for the sake of feeling like you're "winning".

There's this thing called scrolling that makes it pretty easy to go past posts if you're not interested in them.

As I said, exposing dodgy logic and/or deceptive rhetorical strategies is far from irrelevant. In fact, if you're not wanting to clog up threads with crappy posts, reducing the use of logical fallacies is a good place to start.

Of course there's no such thing as "winning" these sorts of discussions.

But you can try to stick to a process of addressing content (hopefully logically), rather than resorting to distraction, personal attacks etc for the sake of feeling like you're "winning".
I'd rather not scroll, could you maybe just let it go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media is even worse. They just say we traded 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton.
If anyone looks at what we traded out and what we've traded in terms of trade currency over the last two trade periods iwe've basically turned Henry and Shultz with a 3 pick downgrade of our first pick into Shai Bolton which in my opinion is insanely good trading.

We traded two second rounders for the Port pick and we gained two.second rounders in the Shultz and Henry trades + the Collingwood 1st we used for Bolton and an extra early third thats the majority of the Bolton trade covered by trading Shultz an Henry. Yes one of those sends was an early second but it was pushed back to 32 and due to GC bid matching by the time we used the Collingwood pick it was pick 38 which we upgraded using a future third for Simpson for pick 35. We also added the Richmond third that won't be pushed back so trade currency likely to be mid second rounder compared to recent draft. In effect we lost our 1st rounder but gained pick 14 back outside of what we traded for Henry and Shultz in my opinion.

There are folks saying Bolton’s a downhill skier. Well I bloody hope so; what this team needs is a player who can finish when the team’s dominating. So many times this season the team looked like storm troopers shooting at Luke bloody Skywalker when they were on top…. a player who can kick those goals would really make a difference in the wins column

There are folks saying Bolton’s a downhill skier. Well I bloody hope so; what this team needs is a player who can finish when the team’s dominating. So many times this season the team looked like storm troopers shooting at Luke bloody Skywalker when they were on top…. a player who can kick those goals would really make a difference in the wins column

Star Wars Miss GIF by Calvary Monterey
And percentage. Really like that triple figure pct we were rocking all year.

Let's not just win games, lets fu@#ing bury teams.

Agree with you but anyone who says he is a downhill skier is muppet - 34 goals in a side that won two games says otherwise. You don't average 1.5 goals per game as a small forward in a very poor side if you're a downhill skier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back