Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with you but anyone who says he is a downhill skier is muppet - 34 goals in a side that won two games says otherwise. You don't average 1.5 goals per game as a small forward in a very poor side if you're a downhill skier.
Some people have sour grapes and say crap like that to make themselves feel better or too diminish our happiness.

Let them be unhappy while we bask in the happiness of his acquisition.

Some people have sour grapes and say crap like that to make themselves feel better or too diminish our happiness.

Let them be unhappy while we bask in the happiness of his acquisition.

Some people use words consistently without knowing what they actually mean, so always consider that fact.

Bolton is going to be a good acquisition once the media get over the 3 million first rounders we paid for him but he's got a lot to prove coming home and getting comfortable. Hopefully he doesn't switch off like the Wiz kind of did.

Last edited:

Just jumping in from someone that's watched almost every game he's played, he has not peaked. 2022 was his 6th season on the list, but only his 4th actually playing a full season of AFL and that was his AA season where he really took a giant leap. You don't peak that early in your career and you just watching him you can see how he could still be so much better.

He reminds me of Dusty's in a lot ways. Both incredibly damaging offensive players, both can't be tackled, both genuine game winners, both had critics at the start of their careers about being 'lazy', not consistent and only impacting a quarter or two then going missing.

Dusty had a bit of a breakout year in year 4, then kinda stagnated for the next few years playing at an elite level but still felt like he could be more, then year 8 in 2018 he just took it a whole other level and had a 2nd 'breakout'
Im waiting for Boltons second breakout where he takes all the good things hes already doing and shreds the inconsistency and can put it together week after week. I really believe he has it in him.
I see what you doing here. You just waltz on in here saying amazing things about our new recruit from a well grounded and experienced perspective, which gets our hopes up so high that our Purple hearts explode due to excitement and anticipation of watching a genuine small forward superstar that our fans have been crying out for and our team’s “missing premiership link”, which wipes out all BF Freo supporters in one simple post. You’re not as clever as you think. I’m still recovering from the Hogan trade. Go back to Tigerland. Shai will be a bust. You’re not taking me out, good sir!

😝😝😝

PS - I’ve been walking around with a stupid grin on my face since the trade and every once in a while I randomly yell out “Booollllllton!” If your post doesn’t kill me due to excitement, my wife might have me committed… 😂😂

Some people use words consistently without knowing what they actually mean, so always consider that fact.

Bolton is going to be a good acquisition once the media get overt the 3 million first rounders we paid for him but he's got a lot to prove coming home and getting comfortable. Hopefully he doesn't switch of like the Wiz kind of did.
Not sure what the first part of you post is about... my post wasn't directed at you but the millions of Eagles/Richmond fans that were salty on Facebook bagging out the trade. They had sour grapes because they wanted him and couldn't have him so all of a sudden he was worthless and downhill skier.

But yes I hope he proves his worth and does not coast along. Still maintain we paid a fair price for a player with 4 years in his contract.

I see what you doing here. You just waltz on in here saying amazing things about our new recruit from a well grounded and experienced perspective, which gets our hopes up so high that our Purple hearts explode due to excitement and anticipation of watching a genuine small forward superstar that our fans have been crying out for and our team’s “missing premiership link”, which wipes out all BF Freo supporters in one simple post. You’re not as clever as you think. I’m still recovering from the Hogan trade. Go back to Tigerland. Shai will be a bust. You’re not taking me out, good sir!

😝😝😝

PS - I’ve been walking around with a stupid grin on my face since the trade and every once in a while I randomly yell out “Booollllllton!” If your post doesn’t kill me due to excitement, my wife might have me committed… 😂😂
Bahahahaha

Not sure what the first part of you post is about... my post wasn't directed at you but the millions of Eagles/Richmond fans that were salty on Facebook bagging out the trade. They had sour grapes because they wanted him and couldn't have him so all of a sudden he was worthless and downhill skier.

But yes I hope he proves his worth and does not coast along. Still maintain we paid a fair price for a player with 4 years in his contract.

Oh nothing bad. Just more the fact that people do get salty without understanding why they are. Of course, I'm fairly certain Eagles fans know why they are salty. My highlight of the year was their trading.

He hopefully will. He definitely will when Kozzie joins him next year.

Last edited:
Oh nothing bad. Just more the fact that people do get salty without understanding why they are. Of course, I'm fairly certain Eagles fans know why they are salty. My highlight of the year was they're trading.

He hopefully will. He definitely will when Kozzie joins him next year.
200.gif

Kozzie would look so damn good in purple!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really understand the people who would be happy with Kozzy but aren't with Shai

Like sure, have a preference but to want Kozzy and not Shai?

Shai kicked 2 goals less this year with a much larger midfield role, in a team who only won 2 games
I would argue that Shai did not have a bigger mid field role, Kozzie has been attending quite a lot of centre bounces this year, i would say they spent very similar amounts of time in the middle actually.

I would argue that Shai did not have a bigger mid field role, Kozzie has been attending quite a lot of centre bounces this year, i would say they spent very similar amounts of time in the middle actually.
Kozzy 183 CBA

Bolton 328 CBA

Bolton has nearly double and his statline shows it

Evidently no, if Melbourne were any chance to trade him in contract, it would've been this year

Don't think we would have had the capital to get it done to be honest. If you remember there was talk of a few players wanting to come to us. I do wonder if he was one and we couldn't get it done

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back