Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

From a few weeks ago, so needs to be updated but Calsher "The Difference" Dear number 2 only to Craig McRae in this stat this century

Screen Shot 2024-07-29 at 10.39.52 am.png

From a few weeks ago, so needs to be updated but Calsher "The Difference" Dear number 2 only to Craig McRae in this stat this century

View attachment 2062363
Well there's no way he's catching McRae because he was 19-0 with and 0-5 without.

If you picked him up with pick 3 in last years draft you would be wrapped with what he is producing. Have watched him closely in each game and if he doesn’t mark it he always brings the ball to ground. Physically has all attributes to be an A grader too. Is going to be a Star!
Look at his brother's size, gives an indication of how Dear would be in 1-2 yrs time.

Going to be built like Tom Hawkins. All depends on the club's choice on what is his best body type.

Seems to be doing great with his current build.

Hope he lands the rising Star nom base don body of work and 2 goals.

He is one of the finds of the season but if you ask the family. He isn't the best footballer in the family go figure.

That's not including his dad btw
Unless the sister is a gun, I'm pretty sure he's got the brothers covered!

Unless the sister is a gun, I'm pretty sure he's got the brothers covered!
Well not according to the family mate. We are talking football ability and skill, and they would know. Obviously he has come on in leaps and bounds and currently with them not training or playing at the elite level he would take them to the cleaners.

Well not according to the family mate. We are talking football ability and skill, and they would know. Obviously he has come on in leaps and bounds and currently with them not training or playing at the elite level he would take them to the cleaners.
By family, who exactly do you mean? Because if it's the brothers themselves, of course they're not going admit Calsh is the better one! It's just the way it is with brothers.

He's got the iron will the really top line players have too I reckon. He just doesn't want to lose, get beaten in a contest, or switch off. A lot of times he bobs up out of nowhere to kick a goal because he is always looking to do something to impact the game. Doesn't matter if he's had a quiet day either.

Very few guys have that drive and ability to kick some of the opportunistic goals Calsher does.

That alone is probably worth enough to make him the best player in the family. You can compensate for having 10-20 percent less natural ability if you're always looking to improve and get involved.

Last edited:
By family, who exactly do you mean? Because if it's the brothers themselves, of course they're not going admit Calsh is the better one! It's just the way it is with brothers.
It doesn't matter mate it's a throwaway line. All good Calsh is a star of the future

He is one of the finds of the season but if you ask the family. He isn't the best footballer in the family go figure.

That's not including his dad btw
I thought this was the opposite, there were family members saying that Calsher was the best footy player in the family despite him looking like he wasn't going to get drafted for a few years leading up to U18s?

Either way, there were apparently family members of Cyril that said Willie was the best of the Rioli bunch and I'm not sure I buy that either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a gun. Most impact I've seen from a first year key tall in years and years. Others have kicked more goals but what he does for our structure and forward pressure is streets ahead of what I ever could have dreamed.

Does everyone remember how we were all debating wether it was a good idea for him to get a debut this season. Boy oh boy has he blown the lid off on those who thought he wasn't ready with me being included.

The kid has just come in and played his role and I just can't help but keep thinking that his old man is up there with the biggest and most proud smile on his face.

Does everyone remember how we were all debating wether it was a good idea for him to get a debut this season. Boy oh boy has he blown the lid off on those who thought he wasn't ready with me being included.

The kid has just come in and played his role and I just can't help but keep thinking that his old man is up there with the biggest and most proud smile on his face.

Remember how people were saying he should be rested this week? Last week wasn’t his best game, but he sure made up for it today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back