Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2029!

Remove this Banner Ad

From his most recent interview on SEN only two weeks ago he was questioned re his manager having any fire in the works around his next contract and talking to other clubs ……. his first response was “Nah love the place and Sam is good for my football”!

Been watching him closely the last few weeks after some of the wins and he is happy as larry. I reckon he is in no rush giving him more time trying to prove to the club his worth. He ain’t going anywhere.

Last edited:
From his most recent interview on SEN only two weeks ago he was questioned re his manager having any fire in the works around his next contract and talking to other clubs ……. his first response was “Nah love the place and Sam is good for my football”!

Been watching him closely the last few weeks after some of the wins and he is happy as larry. I reckon he is in no rush giving him more time trying to prove to the club his worth. He ain’t going anywhere.
In interviews on Irish television sports shows, he has consistently said he is never leaving Hawthorn.

It's posturing and just good management from his agent.

Nash has played really well the last few weeks, and he's earning himself some more money with each game.
Yep definitely. He came from the other side of the world to play a foreign game at the top level & he's made it. Now it's time to reward himself for his sacrifice & set himself up for life after afl with a contract to do that.
Pay the man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or, they've agreed to overall terms, but can't formalise the paperwork until they know what other contracts (FA with heavy front-loading) are coming in.

Nash might have agreed to 4m over 5, but is that 800*5, or 1250*2 and 500*3?
Exactly, this.
Far more likely that we'll not yet know how to structure the contract yet & won't do until Trade Period is complete.

It may not take until season's end to formalise, but if Club + Nash have agreed terms then there's no rush.

Inside information believes hawks are waiting to see if Connor will be given ambassador payments as a potato connoisseur before finalising his contract.
Just mashing out the final details. Didn’t enjoy the roasting Sam gave him.

Inside information believes hawks are waiting to see if Connor will be given ambassador payments as a potato connoisseur before finalising his contract.
Just mashing out the final details. Didn’t enjoy the roasting Sam gave him.
Nothing to do with him being off the boil earlier in the year GH?

Or, they've agreed to overall terms, but can't formalise the paperwork until they know what other contracts (FA with heavy front-loading) are coming in.

Nash might have agreed to 4m over 5, but is that 800*5, or 1250*2 and 500*3?
This happens a bit, players agree to terms of length and per year pay by they work out exact structure later. Sometimes a few weeks just going over other details too like bonuses for AA, extension triggers on games played and other minor things.

Genuine interest in him. I posted a few weeks ago that a couple of clubs have interest in him. But, I still believe that Conor will stay a hawk. He's never really been on high end wage so this is a really important contract for him and his footballing future. We may even have to pay a bit overs to keep him but honestly, I do NOT begrudge him at all.

He finds the thought if playing out his career at the hawks apeeling. He's no spud.
You two are both starch raving mad. I mean I was going to knock what your'e both doing but then I realised that taters gotta hate.

Am I doing this right 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2029!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back